the Rift

[OPEN] Singing in the Rain
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
 Sweet call of the country side - go down slow, open wide.
</style>

It was not the violent rains that Orangemoon usually brought - for the rapidly increasing temperatures forbid such a down pour. Instead, it forced the air to bear as much moisture as possible, raising the humidity to nearly suffocating levels. Still, when it did rain, it almost felt as though one had been plunged underwater. Drops fell from the skies in large, slow, cascading waves. Large fluffy clouds gathered and tousled against one another, causing even more rain to fall. Still, the air was warm, as were the droplets that fell against Gaucho's dark coat. It was a marvel really, that this didn't wash away the odd markings that adorned his primitive body - the sun-ray across his left eye. The blueish markings on his chest, the handprint on his hindquarter - all bore the rain indifferently. The only one who seemed annoyed, was Mara.

Hissing in his antlers, as Gaucho rather dumbly stood in the middle of the downpour, the snake slithered from his crown, down his neck and shoulders, to try and shield herself under his large black wings. Gaucho took no notice of this, as he stood rather simply in the field. The water forced his luxuriously thick mane and tail to clump together, and stick against him. Beads of liquid trailed down the barring on his back and legs, pooling around his large hooves which were now firmly fixed in the muddy grass.

Why here? Mara thought from her position underneath his wing. Her steely colored head poking out timidly, and detracting as more rain continued to fall from Gaucho's feathers, onto her head. Gaucho only grunted in reply - flicking his tail, which slapped loudly against his thigh before stringing back down his legs.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
Romani had finally come to him. Finally.

She had appeared that day in the World's Edge, but she was not happy, only sorrow. Xanthos had felt as if it was all his fault from the start, all his fault. His dainty yellow eyes, seemed low today, as the large raindrops hit his dun cloak. It usually never rained like this in Tallsun, but maybe the Sun God was wining, causing the light to fade away and the dark to arise. Though, the God had nothing to wince about, after all, he was a God. He had the whole universe lying inside his reach. So it was very unreasonable.

Azel could tell his master was upset, for he went from under the steed to on top of him, purring against his withers. "Don't worry about me little brother, for I am just fine." Xanthos told him, the cat tilting his head to the left side. "Do not lie to me. Remember, we share the same soul, I can feel what you feel." The feline's voice was more piercing than ever before. Azel had grown up a lot since Xanthos's leave, even if he was young, he had loyalty and strength inside him, keeping him from acting childish all the time. Plus, with the rain falling it didn't help. Azel didn't like the rain, in fact, he hated it. But Xanthos's could care less about the cool water pounding against his back, his thoughts were tied up in Romani's sad expression.

The stud carried on, his clefts dragging at the muddy ground and his eyes looking upon the river that he followed throughout the Heavenly Fields. He stopped, gazing into the waters carefully, looking into his own yellow-gold eyes. Xanthos wondered if he ever really belonged here, if it was even possible that he actually might mean something as a wraith at the World's Edge. Did Mirage even care if he was there or not? Would she realize if he left? Or would she even bother to look for the dun stud that she had rescued from the racist unicorn band? Probably not. Xanthos thought, gazing at himself a little harder before continuing on into a small cave where Azel jumped from his back, shaking the water from his fur.

While Xanthos began to dry, he saw a dark figure out in the middle of the field. Azel saw it too, but he only hissed, seeing the frame of a snake roll down the creature's body and seemingly disappear it what might be wings. Xanthos started to go see who might this be but decided otherwise, knowing that if the creature want to talk, it would come to him instead. For now, it was only enjoying the cool rain.

Credits

Cantante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Another day and another random wandering for the constantly lost gray mare. This time though she has been rather wiser about it, this time she has not left the vicinity of the Foothills. She set out in the full light of morning and instead of venturing upon whatever trail happens to catch her attention she has gone east into the taller hills and now follows a rocky trail winding it’s way around a mountain. She can’t possibly lose the way back to the place she is supposed to be if she is above it and can simply look down to find it again. That was the idea anyway, once she got higher up in the clouds it didn’t really work so well. Still, with nowhere to go but up or down getting lost is not an option. Yes, she should be perfectly safe from herself this time.

If I can not fly, I will find some other way to reach the sky. Being constantly ground bound could kill me just as surely as any illness might… I will die of despair. I am feeling better than ever today though and that is probably due to staying where I was told, once I finally found Solace again, instead of wandering off and falling into rivers. My strength does not fail me as I begin to climb the impressive mountain but as the hours stretch on and the air thins I do find it harder to breath than I should. Then my luck fails again as the comforting clouds surrounding my frame begin to darken. Rain… great, I’m going to get doused again. This is so not good for my health. I am enjoying this high vantage point too much though, I can not bring myself to turn back.

Rain begins to fall, gently at first and then with more determination. The drops are large and splatter across the ground forming puddles quickly. Cantante presses onward though her pace must slow to accommodate the new slipperiness of the ground. At least she reaches a place where she might leave the narrow trail and she proceeds forwarded into the open field. It is beautiful even in the color drained atmosphere of the rain storm. The first thing that meets her eyes is the happiest sight she’s seen in what must seem like ages. A pegasus stands there in the middle of the field absorbing the downpour, a pegasus with great black wings rather like her own. She does not notice the snake, that might have curbed her enthusiasm. As it is she springs forward with a sudden burst of energy completely forgetting how bad the footing has become. Just one hoof placed wrong and she is stumbling, slipping and finally sliding on her already sore knees in the mud.

At last! Another like me! I was beginning to think everyone in this land suffered from the same sad disease. All except that girl of course… but angels don’t count. The scent, made stronger in the wetness, is unmistakably male… at this point I don’t particularly care. I want to reach his side, to touch him and make sure he is real. The footing betrays me though and I end up sprawled at the hooves of another whose presence I’d previously failed to note. Quickly I get back to my own feet, unsure if I brushed against him in my scramble or not. Glancing up I see the great, spiraled weapon protruding from his forehead and cringe. This is something new and I am not entirely sure what to make of it. I just hope I haven’t pissed him off, he looks… dangerous...

Once righted again the mare retreats, cringing, from the second stranger offering a hasty apology for her bumbling intrusion as she moves. “I’m terribly sorry sir... I seem to have grown unusually clumsy of late.”

@[Delinne], @[Gaucho], @[Xanthos]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

The world was a misty cloud of soggy, moist air. At least, in the area in which the fae walked. The clouds wept, their tears pouring down upon the earth, causing it to turn into a soggy mush. She snorts, feeling the earth squish against her weight. Her auds had been plastered to her skull, as well as her mane, which was slapped up against her neck and shoulder. Her forelock was matted down, wrapped around her horn a few times, 'twas a knotted nest of tangled locks. Her tail was plastered to her vessel, who was hiding beneath it, trying to keep himself warm and fairly dry. The little calf constantly ran under her belly, or, beside it, using it as shelter from the rain. He made little motions with his lips, signs of distress. She halted, looking down at him, her heart draining all the anger. The creature held big, wide eyes of silver moons, gazing up at her with a juvenile innocence. She gave him a brush against his brow, her lips sliding over his sleek little fur. The soul carrier then paraded beside her, keeping her tail tuft as a cover.

She stopped her movement, the rain sliding down her still body, creating dark paths of moisture. She squints her emerald eyes, her beams of vision focused on the trio before her. An odd group, seeing as how there was a primitive stud with a big, muscular build, a smaller male, and a female approaching. The bulky stallion had a white line slithering across his body, a snake perhaps? And he had big, thick antlers grown from his brow, and his nose was pierced with bone. An odd man he is. The smaller sir was a unicorn, his tail replaced by a whip just like hers. She stares at the vessel this stallion held, a feline related creature, an odd selection. But this stallion himself had an odd stare, his pupils reduced to thin slits in seas of gold. The mare is strange, an angel, a Winged one, but the expression she holds on her face makes it seem like she had never seen a man before, the way she looks at the two men.

The maiden turns her head to the tribal man, staring at the white snake that hangs from his shoulder. The girl assumes this is his vessel, his carrier of a piece, like her little calf. Speaking of... The fae looks at him, shivering in his long, baby thin legs. He looks at her with his full moons, but she turns away and gazes back to the group.

"Lovely weather we have... hmm?"

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes
Ascended Helovian

</style>

Ahh but his solitude is not to be long lived.

Gaucho might have not noticed Xanthos at all, were it not for the winged-girl with the clumsy strides. The cave in which the darker unicorn stood, held no interest for Gaucho, who actually quite liked the rain. To that end, the because the rain was falling so heavily, Gaucho hadn't even heard equine or cat, make a sound. No, it was only the pegasus, falling to her knees and greeting someone within the cave.

With a snort, Gaucho spun on his hindlegs - mud squishing outward underneath his large, dark hooves. His wings rose slightly, in a characteristically dominant display, as he moved forward towards the cave. On his flanks, Mara hissed her annoyance - her white body clinging to his dark skin as she climbed onto his wither, and back into his antlers. Wetsssssss She mentally hissed, bopping him on his nose with her tail, to display her disapproval. Gaucho seemed not to notice however, as his stormy gaze remained fixed upon the two. Yet it was the male who more strongly captured his attention. It was not so long ago, that yeww-nee-korns had attacked the Throat. Was this one of them?

"Yeww-neekorn from Bay-sinn?" Gaucho inquired; his voice deep and thick sounding, as he formed the words. His wings spread even further from his body, causing streams to flow down from his feathers. If this yeww-nee-korn was from the Basin, he would not leave this cave.

His ear flicked backwards, as FrostFyre approached. The timbre of her voice rang out as child-like in the primitive warrior's mind, and so he thought to pay her no attention, until Xanthos answered his question. Yet Mara, from her place in his antlers, could plainly see the horn upon her head. SSSSSsss She mentally whispered, nudging his thoughts with a picture of the horned-girl and her companion. Grunting, Gaucho backed up a step, attempting to keep both Xanthos and now FrostFyre within his area of influence. His antlered brow lowered slightly as his gaze swept to the reddish-girl. "Yeww-neekorn from Bay-sinn?!" He repeated his earlier question, dark gaze narrowing.

Image Credits

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
His gaze watched his feline friend as he came to sleeping position underneath the dun. Xanthos smiled and looked at him, staring into his strained blue eyes. Azel had grown, and now he was much bigger than just a kitten when Xanthos had first got him. His pace was now steady and was filled with pride, he never even tripped. The dun missed his playful little kitten, but he much liked this grown feline, even if he was older and more serious. He would always love him. After all, he was apart of his soul and nothing could ever rip them apart, they were one.

Xanthos's eyes lifted from his furry friend and watched as a crowd poured in around him. First the female Pegasus, then the bold steed, and last was the bay broad. At first, the dun started to feel a little too crowded but resisted and stayed where he was at. When the angel fell from the sky and onto the ground, Azel jumped back, angling himself to climb to the top of his companion where it was much safer. When Azel jumped to Xanthos's rump to rest, the dun stood still and flinched at the sharp claws grabbing his flesh, but turned his gaze to the mare as she pleaded for mercy. As she began to stand, he took a few steps to the side, giving her room to breath from the accident. "No harm done." He nodded and smiled at her before dipping his head in welcome.

As he scanned over her body, he came across her scrapped knees, damaged badly. Xanthos looked into her eyes with his own, starring helplessly. "May I ask, have you have yet to learn how to control your flights?" He chuckled slightly, then looked to the dark winged one who was dripping wet from the rain that had fell against his cloak. When the stud spoke, it surprised the dun, for he had never heard of such talk. Most of the creatures that did talk like that were only young ones and yet to have experience. But he was full grown, so hadn't he had the words of the edge of his tongue? "Yeww-neekorn from Bay-sinn?" Xanthos starred at him for a moment before squinting hard and stern.

From the Basin? How dare he speak of such a thing! Xanthos snorted and pawed the ground, making Azel raise his head in alert. But when he began to talk, the only thing that was released was a kind, gentle spoken voice. "No, yeww-neekorn from Ed-ge." He said and dipped his head but when the bay broad, with features much like his own, walked in, he saw that the massive stud lost his temper. Xanthos could only come to the conclusion that the male had some history when it came to unicorns and he had a hard expression for them. So the dun decided he would be a gentleman and not bother the steed, or else he might get crushed.

Xanthos gazed at all of them, looking around in a half-circular motion. "Greetings to all, I am Xanthos." He then turned his dome to point his dark muzzle toward the feline sitting upon the top of his rump. "And this is Azel." Smiling, he dipped his head to them all with a gentle look in his golden orbs.

Credits

Sorry for any late replies! I've been really busy lately!

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

The big brute begins demanding if the stallion and the maiden hailed from the Basin, his speech still in its youthful stage of development despite his physical age. The stallion with the cheetah shakes himself free of the man, saying he is of the Edge, not the Basin. "Yeww-neeekorn?" She giggles, her laugh light, as she tries not to mock the stallion's mental capacity. She looks at his wings as he flails them around, as though he cannot control them. He roars his question again, letting it lash out from his lips, striking her at the cheek.

Shaking her head, the fae looks up at the primitive steed. "Yes, I. Am. A. Yeeewww-neekorn. From. Basin." She says, taking her words slowly, trying to speak slowly so the stallion could understand her. She moves her lips in an odd fashion, her lips forming every syllable, adjusting to a slower tone. She looks at the bulky stud, opening her lips again. "I, am Frost Fyre." She gives up on talking like an unintelligible child, and returns to her normal words, soft, delicate and flowing melodies form from her lips. She glances at the young vessel beside her, who presses himself ever closer to her side. "He is Altair." She smiles at him, his little silver eyes gazing at her innocently. She looks up at everyone, frowning at the childish man, whom she was not fond of.

The pouring rain did not stop the fae from thinking of her mother, the mare who now lived in the sky. She was losing her mother's face, her features fading into nothing but a distant memory from her younger days. The roan dam was missing from the maiden's heart, a piece lost from her grasp, her fingers unable to brush the missing piece, to take hold and set it back in place. But with the loss of one, came the finding of another. Not long after she had lost her mother had she gained her vessel, who kept her company on dark, dreary nights of Tallsun.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes
Ascended Helovian

</style>

Gaucho nodded his bulky antlered skull, satisfied with Xanthos' answer. They were allies then. This information might not be meaningful in the common conversations of non-warriors, but for a simple creature such as Gaucho, the knowledge made all the difference. Was the mood of this little get-together about to change, Gaucho at least now knew who he ought to protect. Still, he looked at Xanthos' horn almost disbelievingly. While the large warrior was not racist in any sense, sometimes he did think it would be easier if he could fit everyone into nice neat boxes, based on their appearance. Wouldn't that be so much easier? Maybe not for you. But for Gaucho it would.

As Frostfyre giggled, his head swayed in her direction, stormy gaze settling on your youthful form. However as she admitted where she came from, his dark ears immediately pinned to his skull, and his entire demeanor turned hostile. His squared his broad, painted shoulders towards her significantly smaller frame, wings suddenly jutting from his sides to increase his perceived side. "Basin attack Throat!" He growled, lowering his skull both to be more eye-level with the youngone, but also so that his antlers were at the ready, should she try to put her horn to use. "And Ed-jah" He continued - as if Xanthos needed to be reminded.

They were on neutral territory sure, and while this was meant to be a day of practicing the skills Onnmnmnnee had taught him, to fulfill his quest to the Sun God, this child needed to answer first. As a warrior, Gaucho had never not been apart of a military strategy - indeed, it hadn't even crossed his mind that perhaps this child had nothing to do with the Invasion. Perhaps even, she opposed it. But such thoughts were impossible for the brute, who was not only a warrior, but impossibly loyal. In his antlers, Mara hissed as well, opening her mouth to reveal teeth dripping with poison. Basssssssssin She hissed in Gaucho's mind, as her slender form slithered down her bonded's broad nose. Getsssssss her. But Gaucho stayed where he was - wings outspread and mammoth body ready to attack, should this child wish to push the issue. "Well?!" He demanded finally, as his dark and soaking wet tail slapped against his hocks.

Image Credits