the Rift

Winged Wraith

Couth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
While she could not hear words from Akaith's mind, something told her that the winged dragon had heard her. It hadn't even occurred to Couth to call out- part of her knew that if she had, she might have attracted the attention of an equine she did not intend to meet. Right now, she was desperate only to find Mirage and the other members of the Qian, to find the two gentle giants who had welcomed her and danced with her, to find the family she had left behind. Couth was a perfectly sociable mare but for now she had no intentions of meeting anyone save for a member of the Qian, and thus she remained quiet though in truth had she tried to call out, her voice would have been weak and scratchy; her throat was parched from having drank the thin air of the atmosphere and her breath still came in desperate heaves. Her head hung and her withers and flanks glistened with sweat, enhancing her silver gleam.

A flicker, something metallic in colour, caught her eyes and suddenly her breath was forgotten, as was her tiredness. There, above the treeline, the wings of a dragon caught her attention. [i]Akaith!/i] She called out with her mind, this time accompanying the welcome call with a surprised whinny. It only took her a moment to recognize the magnificent creature and her heart thrummed as though it wished to sing. With Akaith were two other dragons, and she felt joy rise into her heart. She called out with a gleeful whinny- this was a sign that the Qian were strong. Three dragons surely meant that Mirage was alive and well- so she searched the sky for the black wraith as well.

But the familiar form would not show herself. Instead, a beautiful filly accompanied the dragons on wings and in the light her coat seemed to possess a sheen that was somewhat like that of molten copper. Her coat was that of a sunny champagne, and she caught the glint of sunlight on draconian scales along the bridge of a noble face and along strong withers and haunches. Her build spoke directly of her lineage- and in this, as well as the silver marking upon her face, Couth recognized this filly as one belonging to Mirage. There was no doubting it; she was muscular, but had the fine features of an Arab. Like her mother, she possessed both strength and beauty, and even in her youth there was a fine promise of exquisite decadence about her that Couth knew would attract many a suitor.

She reared into her hind limbs as the dragons surrounded her, and she lifted her nose to graze it against Akaith's cheek as the dragon flew past. The other two were new to Couth, and very unique. One was green and had a sage, wise look about her. She seemed mature and welcoming toward Couth, and the mare expressed her gratitude by puffing a breath of warm air to the air beneath the dragon's belly as she passed overhead. The other was a bold, brown dragon, whose movements were quick and while he did not have the easy grace of Akaith or the green dragon, there was a fierceness and fleetness about him which Couth admired. She snorted proudly, impressed by his agility as he winged beneath her neck and then over her head. But of the three, the most welcomed to Couth's sight was Akaith, to whom Couth bowed her head, grateful that the dragon had heard her plea.

The voice of the mare was what could easily have been imagined as a young Mirage's voice. A soft lilt was possessed, making her all the more charming and alluring. As enchanted as Couth had been with the filly's mother, she now found herself drawn as well, as a kindred spirit, to this, who must surely be her daughter. She bowed her head respectfully to Amaris, and could feel Akaith's warm gaze upon her. No doubt, the dragon would be proud of the young filly as well. "I am honoured to meet you, Amaris,"[b] She said. [b]"As well as your companions." She knew she did not need to speak directly to them to tell them how happy she was to meet them. This joy beamed from every fibre of her being. "My name is Couth," She said, and felt her voice tremble. "I lived here before, as a member of the Qian; your mother, Mirage, was a sister to me." She said, and suddenly felt filled with shame. It had been so long..."I was taken from these lands. Please- I need to speak to Mirage, to Madyrn and Maskan," She said, feeling her heart ache for the time she had lost. Thuogh Akaith was present, heralding the health and wellbeing of Mirage, there was no way to tell if Madyrn and Maskan were still present, or in good health. Her breath hitched and she cast a quick glance to Akaith, before looking back to the resplendent young mare, hoping dearly that she would not be forbidden an audience with those she proposed to see.

Messages In This Thread
Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-19-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Amaris - 10-20-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-21-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Amaris - 10-21-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM