the Rift

Winged Wraith

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The ease with which she interacted with Akaith, I knew instantly that this was a friend, lost to the currents of time and space. A distant sort of smile touched my maw as I watched the way the golden purred and crooned as she greeted the mare, all forgiveness and welcome. It set my heart at ease, for through Akaith, I knew mother was watching, and accepting - this meant that I did too. This mare was family, and I knew this now, even before her harmonic tones touched the curved contours of my svelte ears, even before she recognised me as the DragonHeart's daughter. I felt myself drawn closer to her already, my curiosity and sheer feelings of rightness overwhelming.

I was surprised when she spoke of honour - why was it an honour to meet me? I was a daughter of the DragonHeart, certainly, but I had made no special achievements of my own, I had not made my mark upon this earth - not yet, at any rate. I did not refute the words, but rather accepted them quietly, storing this incident away in my mind to reconsider at a later date. Would I forever be held on high for the accomplishments and deeds of my mother? I was lazy next to her, nothing more than a child learning the ropes of the world, no greater or weaker than any other girl learning how to fly.

"You are the one who danced with my uncles." I said quietly, my voice a low murmur, a whisper that would be easily heard by the ears it was meant for. The words were accompanied by a smile that grew warmer with each breath that passed, as I drew nearer to this belle, I found myself reaching out with a scaled muzzle to press it again the hide that was not so dissimilar to my own, though my mane and tail were a deep caramel in hue, and hers a pale silk.

"They will be glad to see you again. I ask for the tale of the moonlit dance often." My words spoke with gentle, childish sheepishness, as I admitted to this belle that she was the thing of fairytales to me, a wondrous creature who might have captured the hearts of my family through her grit and loyalty. She must rest, child, Nyth's voice echoed in my mind, and I nodded absently, turning my bodice so that we might stand shoulder to shoulder, abreast. "We'll walk a ways to the river, where you can catch your breath and rest a moment. Then I'll lead you home." I reassured her, as my bodice curved to lead the maiden towards the river.

"Would you.. would you tell me what happened?" I asked, somewhat shyly, though my words gained in confidence as my strides began to swing forth and lead the mare slowly home again.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-19-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Amaris - 10-20-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-21-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Amaris - 10-21-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM