the Rift

[OPEN] Trampled Flowers

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

The boy's voice cracks, and I feel myself grow still, even now hurt by the tremor of fear in his youthful tone. It's a quiet fury I nurse in my breast, not for him but for me, for allowing myself to take part in this farce of a plot where babes were stolen from their mother's sides. What would I have done if Tandavi was gone? Who would I have killed to get her back, what blood would I have spilled without remorse? Oh, I know exactly- and the truth scares me more than I would like to confess. I know what I would be capable of, and what I would do. I know my soul.

No wonder the child fears me. I'm a monster.

But then, aren't we all?

The boy's gaze falls and I shift my nebulous legs, wondering what it is he sees in my eyes. My face still impassive I struggle in my mind, clawing against urges to look in, to know. Lips open slightly and my vocals contract; I force the smile back into my voice, force the softness to return to my dark gaze. I am growing more uncomfortable by the minute. "You-"

The word hangs abrupt in the bleak salt-stained air, drowned by a scream full of joy and disuse. I snap my neck around to find its source, an ear flicked back and another alert. "What-" I begin, only to be thwarted again as the bay youth barrels out of the woods and into my sight, scrambling to a halt mere steps from my chest. What on earth? I stagger backwards, shocked by the flurry of this new colt's arrival- and realize that, fuck, it's another goddamn unicorn colt. Where had this one come from, and why had I not known? He clearly knew my charge; why had they been separated, cast into cruel isolation in an already hostile land? The thought brings my rage to a bubbling front, and I shove it down, making a mental note to investigate this later and place the anger where it belongs.

A start of a smile threatens my lips as the boy tenses up, shifting his mass into battle-ready stance. "Fear not, good warrior- I mean you no harm." I lower my head to indicate the truth of my words, relaxing so he might see I have no intent of attack, doing my best to look as unimposing as possible - a difficult task when you tower over nearly everyone you meet. Black eyes shift to Sacre in search for answers, an explanation of this new child's appearance. My mind scrambles to keep up- whose is he? Where is his guard? Does it even fucking matter? I'm sending him home, along with his friend, regardless of approval or lack thereof. But first, I want to talk to them, to try and remedy the mistakes made by me and my kin, by their parents and friends.

Maybe, if I don't scare them silly, I can counsel them straight.

High above a gryphon screams. Great. Just what I need to put them at ease- an over-enthused bundle of feathers and claws. My companion's timing is impeccable, as always, and I know that within minutes she'll be on my back. Better make the most of what time I have

@[Sacre], @[Roux]

Sorry for the wait guys <3
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Rishima - 10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 10-21-2013, 08:10 AM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Roux - 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Rishima - 11-19-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 11-27-2013, 01:50 PM