[OPEN] Trampled Flowers

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost

What was this voice?!

This smell... This familiar presence of two souls intertwined, the tug of relief and shock as Sacre's ocean eyes made contact with Roux. A great smile broke out across his boyish features, his expression one of instant relief because he was safe! Roux was okay! "Roux!" All of his emotion was poured into that name and for a moment the stained colt completely lost the situation and lived in the moment; he had been reunited with the other half of his soul. It wasn't long, however, before Sacre noticed the lines of blood and his grin became a worried frown, impulse drove him two steps towards his red brother "Is that blood?! Are you okay?" The boy fought bravely with his voice, trying to keep the hysteria from showing, but the concern he could not hide. Sacre had rarely seen blood and never on his twin, it made his skin prickle and his heart lurch at the prospect of what could've been. It was too much. A strange place, strange horses, his family and friends at war for a cause he wasn't sure he believed in, only time would prove his father right or wrong. He struggled with himself, not knowing what was right or what to say, it was the words of his captor that decided his next action.

Anger.

Everything was wrong, there was so much he didn't understand and even that might have been enough to send a child spiralling into fits of uncontrolled anger at the strangeness of their environment. Until now, Sacre had managed to keep his lid, remembering his time with Mr Lace, taking solice in the fact that he had not been harmed by Rishima. However, taking Roux was too far. Her words were meant in honesty and had he been in the same state he was but a mere minute ago perhaps he would have seen that, but all Sacre saw was what his enraged mind wanted him to see. "Why?" His voice was quiet at first, like he was trying to get his own mind to see sense but failing to do so. "WHY?!" Gone. Like a true son of the Nightshade, Sacre's eyes glittered with uncontrolled anger driven by confusion and outrage that his twin had been taken too.

"Why did you have to take Roux? What has my brother ever done to you?!" His breathing had become fast, his voice flustered, Sacre battled to better himself, to order his thoughts into something more coherent. He wanted to know everything, he demanded to know everything. The boy took a minute to breathe properly, moving to stand shoulder to shoulder with Roux before turning in attempt to meet Rishima's gaze, his expression the same, but his voice had become controlled. "You know, my father always spoke of you like enemies. I always thought that perhaps he was wrong and I met someone who made me think that there was a brighter future... A stupid hope!" The final words bubbled up as his ears slapped back against his neck "You are no better than my father" it almost made him cry to say it, his voice had lost all it's anger and instead the final words were said in an almost sobbing voice. Sacre had hoped that the there was more to the world than hate and more hate.

The last of his anger was taken away by the arrival of a strange creature whose scream made him jump in surprise. He allowed himself the moment of wonder, a strange feeling in the midst of such wild emotion, his body quivering, unsure as to whether this creature was friend or foe. Sacre moved back slightly trying to find the words.

Relief, shock, anger... Sadness. The stained child went through all the motions, his gaze dropping to the ground as if the answer was there. "Please let us go, the battle is over, I want to know if my family and my friends are okay."
Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Rishima - 10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 10-21-2013, 08:10 AM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Roux - 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Rishima - 11-19-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 11-27-2013, 01:50 PM