the Rift

[OPEN] Down the rabbit hole and back again (Open, healers, family, Kri)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Ma’s breath is warm across my nape. We are curled beneath the stars, laying upon a mat of soft spring flora. Feathers and the smell of her fur, and Da’s soothing voice breaks silence. His tone is earnest and soft, not as a vine sent to snare but a warm ray of sun splashing my soul. I listen to another of his eve stories.

“Magic and the importance of it in the threads of time. You have often questioned me of this.”

“Hear my words dear one, so that you might become wise.”

“Our plane of existence is mythical, abound with colorful sprites that whisk their way through life as silken beings spun into the cloth of time. I am child of this world, whelped from the soil and fashioned by intimate fingers. Yet. Among the flavor called joy, there must always be a bitter residue. A song of woo that decrees grand and tiny insignificance creature alike will sing.”

“It is through knowledge that I’ve learned and lost. “

His face fades, I can no longer see it plainly.

“There is another world child, a plane of existence that is untold through legend. You can’t see it, smell it, touch it. Nay, it is likely you will never feel it.”

“You ask how it exists.”

“Hush now. The story has only begun.”

“Every memory. Every action. There will always be a choice you didn’t make, a path you didn’t take. What would have happened child; if you had only taken that other path? “

I sleep an honest slumber. With innocent surrender I fall into that realm of rare bliss. Lulled by the baritone of my father’s voice—it is him and his stories that cradle this resting place. Protection, assurance. There is a change in the dream as my childspirit falls asleep and his voice fades into a whisper, “There is a portal to a neutral place. Where all choices are made—some even changed.” I smile, knowing his story well enough to retell the feelings of childlike glee on that quiet eve of its telling. There is a touch of serious in that tone, though I wasn’t old enough then to recognize it. “I’ve seen it,” He says.

Suddenly, a cry to wake the dead is sent to bugle toward heaven. A scream so unholy, unnatural it gashes my molars upon themselves and I nearly bite my tongue. A lung crushing darkness sets in and I stir violently from that dreamscape to enter a nightmare. It is not to my sweet desert that lids rise and meet, but a shivering gap of space between herself and me. I start at once, lips spread in a silent omission of fear and shock. The space widens, what lies ahead is startling, frightening even. Fina is here with me, her worry, concern rushes to me like a wave. A phoenix cry leaps toward heaven.

A dead world stands before us. Full of lightening and fire, it rains down from the sky like falling stars. Sometimes entwining in lovers fashion before crashing into dark water below. Bulking by now, my wings are spread and thrusting to push me away…limbs backpedal until I can feel rump hit something solid. The bark of that old Magnolia we slept under? She is there, urging me backwards, tugging upon my flank with ironclad talons. Fearful of an impending doom I painfully eject her from my mind, “Go!” the word comes out as a scream that vibrates our connection forcefully enough to send her reeling.

Still the space spreads until I could taste salt in the air, feel wind lash my cheeks. A sickening reality set in; this strange world was going to pull me. Hold me captive where not even the sun could reach. Moments before it swallowed me whole I cried out as a fevered man grasping for life. Knowing that death was coming.

Death didn’t come.

Fire and water. There never seemed to be an end. I had come to this vacant world forever ago, or days ago. It was impossible to tell. Water below and fire above. There was no light save for the strikes of lightening and fireflashes that fell from above. Below for as far as my eyes could see was water. Salt water.

When I first arrived, there had been hope. I flew a grand distance, circling perhaps the whole globe in stubborn determination to find a way out. A way home. There was no exit point, no salvation. This was pure hell. Eventually my wings began to grow stiff, each beat was a painful reminder that they wouldn’t hold me up much longer without rest. Finally at the end of both energy and moral. I fell forward, gliding closer to unconsciousness as the water drew near.

So thirsty. My tongue was a hot and heavy piece of useless flesh behind teeth. The fragile folds of muscle was burning and each swallow agony. I thought that my time had come. I would drown in this forgotten world without a soul to morn for the passing. Alone. Without my God.

I prayed a quiet request for my family all the same. They had been present in my thoughts since the beginning and it seemed right that they be there in this final moment.

And I fell.

But. Not upon the cold surface of water. Stone! A mass of land had formed the moment I drew near, large enough to house my shape with a little extra surface for laying. Feathers extended as if to try some feeble effort to bring me toward the sky again. The ground held sturdy as if rooted below the ocean, I stumbled and nearly fell over. More rocks appeared to catch me from below, forbidding me access to a watery grave. Smooth and slippery, not pointed. I had never seen stones of such texture and locked together so tightly.

My knees locked themselves so that I might remain standing a little longer, and for a moment I just stood by as the world raged on above and below. Waves didn’t quiver my rockscape, yet I felt sick all the same. Hunger coupled with thirst. I wanted to reach out and drink the splashing moisture which lapped the sides of stone. My wings closed hesitantly, their creaking pain resounded through me, a raspy moan slipped toward the sky as I heaved and waited for death.

Death didn’t come. At least not quickly.

Eventually my weakness and desperation gave way to a raw instinct for survival. Giving up would mean a slow death, if I’m meant to die in this world—I would do so after only exhausting ever effort. Slowly and carefully because I didn’t trust my stomach or body at this point—right forelimb took a shaky step forward. More stones appeared ahead of my hoof and miraculously I didn’t fall over from a dizziness that was invading this mind. One more step and the stones rapidly emerged out toward my left, they circled the water and made a ring in the ocean. I watched with an awakening fascination. Shifting toward the stone circle I paused at the edge and noticed something rather query within.

Around the rocks was water stirred by elements, inside the circle it was entirely calm. The water was so still I felt that it could be walked upon. Something else was different as well, water inside the circle smelled sweet, pure. Whereas the liquid on the outside was salty. Tensely I reached out, parched lips daring past fear of unknown danger—they slipped across the edge. Nothing emerged to block my path, and no beast lunged out to claim me. Sinking lips into the water I gave one thirsty tug and swallowed. Instantly a wave of relief filled me when the water fell past my tongue and down to an upset stomach. Greedily I drank from the pool until my insides sloshed.

Revived, I withdrew from the water with a crooked smile creasing the corners of my face. One small victory that could be savored. Moisture dripped down my muzzle and fell in little drops back into the water it had come. Something moved in the pool, jerking from that brief moment of content to alert I shifted a step back. The weight of stone holding firm. More movement followed in the pool until it swam with shapes, yet the water never so much as trembled. Pictures formed, an image of some other place. With mouth gaping I leaned in again, having lost some fear of it.

The picture shifts, moving in a forward fashion as if I was looking through the eyes of another person. Sky and grass, the sun. It was shining in that world behind the pool, my looker seemed to be basking in it. A figure outlined by the glare came flying in on creamy wings. I stiffed from having recognized the shape and cried out, “Cera!!” at the water, my breath hitched when a small ripple appeared and the image vanished out of sight.

It was me who trembled now. I leaned over, peering and waiting for something to happen. Nothing did. Eventually I gave up and did the only thing a reasonable fellow could do in this situation. I walked away on the mythical stones. As I did more of the path appeared, and in turn more circles also emerged. The first circle had vanished behind me, as did the first path. I glanced back every so often, halfway expecting the rocks to suddenly jest and disappear beneath the black ocean to take me with them. There were dozens of pools that I peered in, each still looking through another set of eyes. Some appeared to present a healthy world, others a broken one. The vision remained if I didn’t blow it out.

Standing still by any circle, I could watch for hours or days. Seeing loved ones that I had known, and a few that I hadn’t. The pools didn’t tell the same story twice. Nor was there an end to them—I watched on and on. Walked on and on. There were hundreds, thousands or more pools. Staring helplessly out across that dark horizon I had just about hit my limit—there was a consistency about this place. There was one thing that I hadn’t tried.

Entering one of the pools.

I paused in front of a ring, chosen above the others for testing. Right before I can touch the glass like surface with an extended hoof, there was a sharp noise from behind. Anyone with sense could recognize it for the clicking of feet against stone. When I looked up everything else faded away, even the sounds of ocean and wind.

It was me that stood at a distance. I was looking at myself.

A collar of battleborn steel hangs across his shoulders, it was scratched and its amber gold center was dull. Sunblessed orbs appeared tired like me, dimmed by fight. Pink lines that are deep scars litter his pelt. Yet, this creature was similar to me in every other way despite the tattered appearance. We peered at each other from a distance before stepping in a copycat way to meet the other face to face. Pausing in the same instant I opened my mouth to speak and he did the same. Ears notched themselves back, and his did the same; ivory tail slipped against my quarters, his did as well. Finally my voice found its way out, “Are you me?” He didn’t mimic now, merely stared at me with a vacant amusement.

Finally the moment seemed to suit him well enough to answer, “Aye.” An already tight frown deepened and I ventured another question that would perhaps end this game, “How do we leave?” This only seemed to amuse him all the more, a wicked grin emerged across his maw and the fellow laughed in a way that might make small children cry. “We. Do not.” I was tired and strained to a fine edge, he could see this and snickered all the more. “Better hurry though your son waits, he is quite the little murderer,” the sneering tone caught me by how bitter it sounded. Now it was my turn to snarl as an angry spark flashes behind a normally docile gaze, quickly I hiss a defense for my prized prodigy, “You are sorely mistaken”

He glances up at me, smile fading into a biting sneer, “Mur-der-er.”

Physical needs melt away and I shift subconsciously into a battle stance, he mimics the same—still sneering. “What are you going to do, kill me as he did? Nay friend you should know I am a dead man walking.” There wasn’t time to riddle his games.

I thought we would fight, my limbs are prepped toward action. Jaw already hardening into a tight line of resistance. But we didn’t spar, his taunts seemed pitiful at the very least considering the situation. I certainly couldn’t stand expending pointless energy and somehow I felt that attacking him would be out of vain here. There was no glory or reward to be had. I glared at him in disgust all the same and with an almost dismissal way turned my eyes toward the pools around us. He chuckled and fell silent for a moment, the brow of one eye rose in what I thought was consideration.

The battlescar was considering something.

Just as I’m about to walk away from this conversation and go back to mulling over how to enter a ring, he spoke again; still biting words but less…bitter sounding, “I can help you get home.” Surprised by this sudden change of jest to assist I couldn’t help but stare at him with a skeptical sort of smirk that seemed off balance. Perhaps I was going mad after all. He didn’t laugh this time, only turned and started walking along the path as if expecting me to follow. I stood by, watching as each step led the beast further away. His ears didn’t so much as leave their pricked position to sense if I was coming along. Somehow it felt as if I would be tailing the head of a wolf—but this might be my only option.

Warily I started after him. We walked for a long while, many hours. His rear was always ahead, plodding along--following the image of myself lost its antics after the first few hours. I began to grow increasingly frustrated as time wore on, and with it my strength. “How much longer?” I asked quietly, fearing with a sick dread that he was leading me closer to a grave instead of salvation.

“We are here.”

He stopped and I paused, gazing from behind nervously as a foal might stare around her dame. Another pool, seemingly similar to the rest was ahead of his hooves. Edging closer while stifling sounds of unease and weariness I tried to appear less exhausted than he, and failed miserably. His head, so similar to mine swiveled around to regard me with a smile that made me cringe. “You look like shit.” Mumbling in return I countered with a rasp, “Aye and in good company.”

For the first time since we had laid eyes upon each other I saw a shift in his gaze, a softening of lips that hardened back into a tight line shortly after. Leaning over the pool I realized that though it seemed similar to all the others, it was different. No images appeared, the water was darker—black as the ocean that swirled around us. “Where exactly is…here?” Silence greets me and my face turns to regard the now empty spot he had been standing just seconds ago.

I am alone again.

Head swivels around, eyes frantically searching—hoping for a wild moment that this wasn’t just in my mind. I wasn’t going crazy. My mirror had just been standing by, talking to me. Telling me I looked like shit. Nostrils flare into a snort and turn to the dark pool again with dying remnants of hope falling into the cold ash. The water remains still and pictureless. My heart thunders ahead, if there was ever a time for fear; now was its moment.

My body is weak, I feel sleepy. This couldn’t go on; I had to do something.

I slipped my right forehoof into the black liquid. It felt cool against my fur, a tingling sensation ran up the limb and trembled my muscles. There was no pain, but there is a pulling sensation. Like an undertow or strong current. Drawing in a shaky breath of salt air that I prayed wasn’t my last, I jumped into the water. There wasn’t time to tread water and a strong individual wouldn’t have been able to fight the current in a healthy state. Instantly my frame is pulled under, wings pushed themselves tighter against my sides. They were useless now. I kicked feebly and closed my eyes. There was no point in seeing, because it was black all around.

My chest started to hurt moments later from lack of oxygen. Seconds passed before I was fighting panic, it had all been for nothing. The shadow me had finished his final act, tricking me into death by choice. For the chance at returning to the surface I weakly gave up my last reserve of energy over to the hands of fate. Feet kicked passionately and my eyes lifted to see the same black as before. The flicker of life began to dim as nothing changed and the tightening of chest began to crush my heart. I found out that the mind during its last few moments would escape. Da’s face came forward in that moment, Ma’s eyes. Her bright golden eyes. I watched them and the tenderness they held. Sleep.

When was the last time….I…slept?

Water couldn’t be held back any longer, it came rushing in past my slack jaw. A most uncomfortable sensation, and then the world really went black.

Air. Sand. I could see a light, and the sound of waves.
Black again.

OCC:: Midas is very weak and starved. His body is lean from the lack of nourishment.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Orbs focused on the tiny crimson granules which made up his home. Step by step the stag trudged towards the oasis of the throat, hoping that he might be able to find Onni there. Levi desperately needed attention for his battle wounds. The severe wounds were just not going to heal on their own this time. Taking a deep breath, Levi hobbled each step, bracing himself for the pain that came. His wing still stung the most with thriving pain each step he took. The crusting and oozing puss which formed on his other wounds were not helping either. The grullo needed more than just time; he needed the painted fae who worked wonders of her healing magic. All Levi was thinking was…

Wait.

Who was that?

Suddenly Levi came to a complete stop bewildered beyond belief. Orbs searched quickly to identify the inert black pegasi figure. What is this pegasi doing? Levi thought to himself as he examined this immobile soul. Stepping closer, Levi almost gasped in horror once he realized something. The soul that was on the ground was Midas. Yes, it was indeed Midas, but why was he lying on the ground? “Midas?!”Levi’s voice bellowed in concern. No answer. Panic answered in Levi’s body as he began to become very concerned. It seemed like eternity had gone by without Midas answering. Midas’s calming, mellow tone Levi was always eager to hear was not responding. This was not like Midas at all… and not to mention that he had not seen his brotherly soul like this ever. This was strange, very strange, and Levi was not going to hesitate for an answer. This was his general, his friend, his brother and to see him like this was unacceptable and heart breaking. “MIDAS!” Levi cried in pain as he hobbled quickly to his brother’s side.

Once he reached Midas, Levi stretched his dark muzzle down and nudged his general calmly and with much concern. Nothing. He did not move. “Oh no…Midas,” Levi bite his lip quivering “wake up!” he called to the lifeless soul. No, Midas could not die. He just couldn’t. Not now, not after EVERYTHING he had done for the throat. Not aftereverything he had done for Levi.

Slowly, Levi made his way to Midas’s right and laid down right next to him, comforting him. Dark feathers draped over his body in protection and comfort as he wrapped his massive wing around Midas’s figure. Then he allowed his muzzle to rest underneath Midas’s in support of his head. Please, you can’t do this! Not now… Midas… please!” Levi whispered. Tears started to swell in the grullo’s eyes as he felt as though a piece of him was missing as well. “You- you have Cera… you are the General of the Throat and you are a big part of the Throat… We need you Midas… We love you… Don’t do this!” Levi sniffled as he cried as hysterically as a baby foal. It was clear that Midas needed help and Levi was going to help him. “ONNI!”Levi called as he cried. Rivers of tears poured down his cheek as he allowed his warmth to flourish around Midas’s body. “Don’t worry brother,” Levi whispers, still horrified “I won’t let you down.”

"blah blah blah."

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

How long had it been since Midas had disappeared?

Kri had expressed her worries to the shaman upon the day that Onni returned from her summer strolls outside of the herdland. Still, the painted girl had not seen her friend since the Endless Night, when Kahlua had paid a visit. The Resolute cared deeply for Midas, which both surprised the healer and did not. As long as Onni had been alive, Kri had been sour toward most stallions. The reason behind it never really made much sense to the girl, but her mother seemed to hold a grudge against the opposite gender eternally. To hold the golden-eyed stallion in such a position of respect was surprising for Kri, but not necessarily for Midas. The General had a kind-heart and a loyalty to be admired.

These were qualities that anyone would appreciate.

Now, as the screech of her name echoes across the sands, the tobiano remembers the thoughts spilling from her mother's mouth. All of the missing faces, how they all returned broken and bloodied and awaiting repair from the child of light. Onni would gladly give her strength to heal the herd, but it did not ease the pound in her chest every time she was called to action. Without any other thoughts, hooves set to sand. Wings set to wind. The pegasus is airborne, flying steadily in the direction of the squeal, the small songbird catching a ride just before her wing joint in the nick of time.

Racing toward the ocean, toward the sound. The scarred pale face intense with focus, beaming golden light that seemed unnaturally happy in this instance. The sky blue eyes are intense, scouring the ground for any who may need her help. It is then she sees the black and white body strewn across crimson sands. Before she even notices Levi, the shaman descends, wings pushing out to slow herself just before colliding with the ground. Limbs race forward both to draw her closer but also keep her body from toppling against the momentum.

Skidding to a stop beside the former Sergeant, Onni looks worried to the sobbing stallion before observing Midas. The bicolored coat is draped on bones that looked weary, an aged figure. Lowering her pale face toward the dark mask of her friend, the Illuminant smiles peacefully. "Allow me to guide you back home, brother."

The sun above begins to burn white hot. Ethereal white flames streak downward, engulfing the whole body of the shaman, her face upturned toward the sky. From her body, the fires dance. Their lights glimmer off of the crimson sands at their hooves, pulsating and growing until they begin to converge around the body of the dying General. The sensation of a burning yet painless fire would rain down upon him, filling the soul with warm, life, force. Onni has healed the deathly tired and malnourished once before, another beloved friend. Moth.

Smiling with serenity, sunfire engulfs the pair.
WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I could feel the wind, not as sharp as it had been in that other place. The sea, still salty, but not so cold. Sand. It smelled like home. In faint moments of consciousness I could sense that my body had come to rest upon the beaches of Helovia. I had no clue of what time I had just landed in or even if it was already occupied by another Midas. Was this truly home? Black came again and I thought no more.

When I wake again, ocean is lapping at my feet in a mild effort to regain its adopted son. I’m too weak to fight so I pray instead that it’s tiding waves had dropped me off far enough. Black again. It goes on this way for a while until the state of consciousness is over-run by unconscious. Cera. Ktulu. Ranjar. Kri. Guacho. Levi. Onni. Shadow. Hototo. Kri. Fina. They pass through my mind in random order, sparsely depicted through memories. I loved them, my heart ached to see them again.

Again black.

There is a sound that pulls me, a screaming, crying sound. I hate it because it reminds me of the moment of entrance into that blasted piece of hell. My name is upon the lips of another, a voice that is at first not recognized is doing the crying. I lean toward it internally, trying hard to focus. Warmth comes, the sun is rising I guess. Perhaps that pool wasn’t my time after all, the Helovia I had left was dark—this one felt warmer. Lighter.

“Midas!”

I stir, opening one eye halfway to see a dark feather laying nearby. Nostrils take in a breath to gather his scent, but a shallow one is all I can muster so it is a vain attempt at best. Whoever it was didn’t appear to be a threat, which was good because I didn’t feel like fighting. As my shadow self-put, ‘I looked like shit.’ He was right.

The lights went out again.

When I woke there was a brightness again, an unexplainable warmth that rushed through blood, tissue, and bone alike. It offered a strange nourishment that instantly pried my cool spirit fingers from the door of death. With the promise of energy hanging in front of my nose I laid back quietly and submissively. Allowing the strange force to heal what time had broken. Life, the very essence of another being was coursing through me. Giving me back some semblance of strength. My eyes slithered open and quickly closed. It was far too bright, I could see a light shining from behind my lids and that was enough for orbs that had been absent glow for so long. Ears slithered up and head found enough might to raise a little. Sand fell from my cheek as I turned to crack a lid at who or what was causing this.

The sun. Its fire was raining down upon me. Not burning. Saving, bringing salvation.

Peace came with it. A sense of calm assurance that everything would be right. My chest didn’t feel so tight now, there was a growing strength in limbs. There was a presence in the back of my mind, it was so faint at first that I hadn’t noticed it until now. Fina. She was close by, her soul a snag of confusion and joy. I sighed when I felt those soft firekisses sooth that part of my mind. “Midas. Midas. Midas.” She cooed like a pulse. I whispered back weakly, “I’m here.”

Fina gave me comfort that perhaps the shadow hadn’t led me astray after all.

My face fell back onto the sand for a few moments more before a gnawing ache developed and I felt strong enough to rise. Head rose with neck curling toward my shoulders and the steel collar that was still slick with water, goldenrod pools opened at halfmast due to the glare. My legs gathered themselves and pulled me into a standing position before the two taller individuals that had found me first. I shifted a slow turning glance to Levi and extended muzzle into his shoulder affectionately. His dark feathers had been the ones I saw. Then the sun. I turned my eyes to an individual that was consumed by firelight and who had given life to a hollow shell.

An Angel of heaven.

Head bowed respectfully and with humble spirit. No amount of thanks could be expressed for this restoration.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s dark lips were clenched anxiously as he waited for Onni, hoping the paint would arrive soon. He wanted to badly for his General to heal. The soldier had no idea what was going on with his brotherly figure, he was limp, malnourished, and weak. Muzzle tried to keep Midas’s head level, as he kept his wing draped over Midas’s body to warm him. A few tears still fell down his cheeks as he was nervous for Midas. The brute wanted nothing more than for Midas to just be okay.

Golden orbs fluttered open slightly, and Levi’s heart raced with a streak of hope. He was opening his eyes! Levi thought with a weak smile. Relief flew through his body as he watched Midas’s orbs open momentarily. Then they closed once more, his head falling limp. “No!” Levi muttered to himself. And the anxiousness was back.

Suddenly, the painted fae appeared next to the duo. A calm smile aroused on her features which made Levi feel a relief rush through his system once again. Onni knew what she was doing and Levi did not have to even question that. Silver gaze looked towards her icy blues, a thankful look plastered on his face. And right when he was about to thank the lovely fae, she started her magic.

Fire. Bright. Midas.

Orbs flicked with the fiery color that reflected in his pupils as he moved out of the way for Midas. He moved his figure a few steps back from Midas and aside to the lady. Jaw gaped for he had never seen Onni heal before. It was amazing! Just magnificent! The silver could not get over how she just… fixed everything. A smile then took place over the gape as he watched the fire go out and his tears dried.

Levi looked towards the Illuminant with the same thankful smile. “Thank you, Onni.” He spoke calmly. “That was just… amazing.” His orbs tried to find her gaze as he spoke. The brute was just wonderstruck and then the real magic happened. Midas started to rise, and Levi watched him, determined to stand, meet his accomplishment. Levi offered a kind smile toward Midas and felt a deep embarrassment for crying so hysterically as a foal. A dark muzzle extended towards the soldier and rested affectionately in his shoulder. Levi met Midas’s muzzle with loving affection back as he was relieved and happy to see that his brother was alright. Standing there, Levi wanted so badly to talk with Midas, but he did not interrupt the moment between the other duo. As he watched, he could do nothing more but smile.

[Ack. That was the worst thing I've ever written, sorry guys:/]

"blah blah blah."

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

A blissful smile radiates the light of the sun, brimming with joyous hope and restoration. The white fires burn with the intensity of molten lava, but strangely painless. Invigorating, lively, dancing with passion born into fire - the light which reflects the very spark of life.

And then, the waves of white light begin to endulate more softly. The flames dim, slow, begin to recede. The ray of light chasing down from the sky above calls back the heavenly fire, the shaman slumping forward with sudden fatigue, a sigh racing from her lips as her sky eyes open to view the face of Midas. He bows, kneeling before the mare with gratitude written in his muscles, the life breathed back into him by the sun. A light pattering laugh fills her mouth, lifting up her spirits and her shoulders. Once more standing tall, the Illuminant looks from Midas toward Levi, his words gracing her ears momentarily.

A simple nod is all she offers toward acceptance, a whisper from her lips. "The sun has always been so."

"We make for the Oasis," her voice is calm yet authoritative, looking from the faces of each of her friends gently. "The magic will do little good without proper nourishment." Walking steadily toward the side of Midas, Onni extends a wing for support, revealing the song bird tucked beneath who chirps in welcoming to the lost General. The mare offers a smile. "Welcome home, Midas."

WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
Remember rights that I did wrong, so here I go.</style>

At the far side of the Oasis, Gaucho was bathing. It was often that the brute felt the need to wash himself, but as both mud, grime, and blood slowly accumulated upon his coat and between his thighs, the sensation became both uncomfortable and painful, as well as slightly smelly. The latter of course did not bother him - but the welts that had begun to form under his wings and his girth area, made his patrols feel labored, and endless. So, as not his custom, Gaucho was bathing.

The water was cool against his sun-dried skin, as he un-ceremoniously splashed and flailed in the depths. He used his wings to scoop and pour water over himself, and, once he waded in deep enough, simply collapsed into the water - opening his eyes wide under the depths, and snorting to create bubbles. As he rose, voices slowly wafted his way, as did the appearance of three of his herdmates. Raising a water-logged head from the waters, Gaucho snorted a plume of froth from his pierced nostrils, blinking stupidly to rid the water from his gaze.

"My-dus?" He whispered under his breath, his long forelegs suddenly thrashing in the water as he forced himself forwards. This was of course, a mistake. He was no swimmer, and to traverse the entire length of the Oasis in the water, would take far too long. Realizing this, he awkwardly doggy-paddled towards the closest shore - using his wings as well as his limbs to hurry himself along. Straining to pull his now drenched body from the water, his hooves scraped and pulled on the sands as he forced himself out and away. Picking up an almost immediate gallop, he hurried along the shoreline and towards the trio.

Sand coated his body, sticking to the moisture and causing him to look like a light chestnut, rather than a bay-bucksin - but Gaucho paid no mind. His attention was fully on the three before him - Onnnmmnnmneee, Leeeevi, and My-dus. Coming to a grinding halt, and throwing clumps of wet sand and water as he did so - a childlike and joyful smile broke his normally stoic and distant appearance. "My-dus back!" He advised loudly to the other two - as if they were the ones who had just come upon him. Gaucho's large hooves nearly danced in the sands, as his large body swayed from side to side - like a large dog awaiting a stick to be thrown. His gray-blue gaze remained firmly fixed on the painted stallion, as his antlered crown bobbed with excitement.

"Back!" He advised again, his voice softer now, but with the same excitement - as if repeating some monumental secret.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

When I rise from bent position that volumes respect and thankfulness--my gaze beholds not the glory of Sun himself as expected, but his adopted daughter, Onni. Some call this mistress of dawn our guiding light and surely, none of Throat blood would argue such a title. Her beaming pools are filled with a compassion that I dared not match; it is those baby blue eyes that soften and strengthen my resolve. It was easy to love someone who possessed a kind spirit, and Onni was at the pinnacle of gentle souls. I smiled weakly out of habit, she always seemed to bring out the best in those that flocked around her, even when they were at their lowest point. This was the second time the sun beacon had aided me during a near death crisis, a boon I would likely spend the rest of mortality trying to repay.

Levi stood silently by, but even in my damaged state I felt him aching for words to be broken between us. “Later,” I thought humorously, there would be ample time for talk. As I’d realized but yet to properly appreciate, our home wasn’t dark anymore; nor was it alight by fireglow. My attention shifts to a sun that is warm across my back, awkwardly I stretch my muzzle toward it with eyes closed in an effort to block the glare. Heat and light. A blessings more than worthy of thanks, quietly and quickly I humbly lift a prayer to heaven before regarding my friends.

Onni wanted to take us to Oasis. I glance passively at the expansion of desert between me and it. Suppressing a sigh was easy when you didn’t have energy to spare. “Aye,” I rasped in a voice that sounded unfamiliar. Her magic had pushed the door of death closed for a while longer; but it could not sustain an empty stomach or nutrient deprived organs indefinitely. There is a mild effort made to try and close my dragging wings, but they are uncomfortably heavy; likely because they are both full of kelp, salt, sand and various other marine life. Hopefully nothing that would later crawl inside my brain and build a nest.

Our savior comes up beside me, offering herself as a brace should I need it, a songbird perched beneath her feathers reminds me of Fina. Our walk begins. It would be much easier to fly, but fate wasn’t keen on making MY life any easier than it already was. So we trekked across the sand at a turtle pace that was painstakingly slow, but steady. Pride only allowed me to lean upon my comrades once, when a forehoof logged itself under a hidden stone and I stumbled. Fina found us along the way, her cries of delight are music to my ears. We reunite as only a bonded pair could, she pulses in my mind like a heartbeat, rubbing her beak across my neck gently and picking at the dirty mess of mats that had become my mane.

Finally the sweet smells of Oasis tickled my senses into a more alert awareness. Feet found new spring in their steps and I could have wept for joy at seeing our tropical home safely maintained.

Lord. The food.

I would have lunged ahead and plunged my snout neck deep in the nearest thicket of field grass—but that could happen when my presence wasn’t drawing a crowd. Under the shadows of trees, away from the heat we paused, and one of my first visitors was an eager Guacho who had spotted us from a distance. He came dancing forward, jealously limber despite having a much larger frame than all company present. “My-dus back,” a rare beam of excitement, even happiness was upon his facade. Even though exhaustion was starting to rear its head, I couldn’t help but grin at my loyal brother. “Aye,” I said softly, “home.”

Muzzle found nourishment shortly after; between mouthfuls I simply relished this privilege.

They were expecting a story of sorts, and all in good time. Turning to those present, I talked when not chewing. Firstly motioning toward the outlaying lands beyond the Oasis, I asked, “Our home is safe? No attacks since the unicorns invaded late Frostfall?”

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi watched joyously, a pleasant smile plastered on his face, as the three souls seemed to savor this moment. It was not very often that the grullo got to spend time with Midas or Onni. So he was very grateful for the fact that he did indeed was getting to spend time with the dynamic duo. His features were pleasant looking as he stood by Midas’s side. Looking from one face to the other, he listened to Onni’s soothing vocals. Nodding to her words with a gentle smile, Levi searches for the Illuminant‘s gaze showing her that he agrees. as she stretched her wing out to Midas, the soldier walked closely to his general, enjoying the running vocals of Onni’s bird companion. and off the three went.

Slowly, but surely, the trio finally made it to the oasis. And Levi chuckled softly as Midas went straight for the grass, munching like there was no tomorrow. Levi could understand this though because when he was malnourished, he knew all about this starvation feeling and it was not fun. Midas was surely malnourished, but now Levi knew there was much faith in store for his painted brother. He was going to get better and he was going to be alright.

Then, out of nowhere, the beast, gaucho, arrives on the scene. His expression was hysterical because, once again, Levi had seen him enthusiastic once before. It was when he was sparring with gaucho and his spirit powers had touched Levi physically. He chanted to them with much enthusiasm, but now he was almost dancing? Silver orbs watched as the bay’s large figure swaying back and forth. Levi could not help but let out a slight chuckle, but he was glad to see gaucho well and here as well. Her gaze searches for Gaucho’s and Levi gives a slight nod, kindly and briefly because Midas had caught his attention.

“Yes, my brother, everything had been well. No attacks, which is a good thing.” Levi responded to Midas.

"blah blah blah."