the Rift

[OPEN] Fight until you die or win. [Arlo]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

I had been stumbling, stumbling through Helovia for a fair few days now. I was lost, being torn between the two halves of myself. Nothing was making sense anymore, the war between the two was turning my cranium into a dense mess of fog, where my thoughts only became half formed and others speech barely made it through, and rarely registered enough for me to form a sensible reply. I thought that my life would be so much easier with the return of the sun, it was meant to be so simple. I was meant to have my freedom during the sunlit hours, and only have to hide away during the reapers time. But apparently, it was not meant to be. For since the return of the prodigal goddess to the skies, the abhorrents, though they remained skulking below the surface were still waging their internal war on my soul. The more I felt, the stronger they became. They were feeding off my emotions, turning my gleeful ones to suicidal thoughts, and my rage filled ones to excitement. This constant turning over of emotions was draining me of all my available energy, I was bone tired and weary, scared I was going to lose the respect of the blackened dove I had come to think so highly of. The more I felt for her, the more danger she was in, but I couldn’t for the life of me come up with a solution. How I felt for her couldn’t just be turned off like a tap, the love I felt was unconditional and was not going to budge. But there was no way I could put my dove in danger.

I sighed, billowing air from nostrils in a large cloud. I watched as it dissipated into the chill of the night air, wishing that I could do just the same. If I was to simply disappear then all of these issues wouldn’t exist. I found myself more often than not these days that I had simply followed the abhorrents orders in the ocean that day and continued walking out to my salty demise. It would have made everything so much easier. Oh how I wished the Asylum wasn’t my home, I wished that I could have followed Artemis that day, back to the Foothills and to the promise of a lifetime of sanctuary of protection from Seele and her army of the crazy. But alas, it was not to be, for I could not subject Artemis and her fellow herd to the wrath of the mentalists, not just for my life. It was never going to be a fair trade.

As I trudged wearily through the meadow, hooves dragging so that they scuffed through the soil, banner trailing and often getting tangled within the foliage, my baby blues enlightened upon another, another whom appeared to be a lost soul, though not as tortured as mine seemed to be currently. I stopped in my tracks and observed her for a minute or two, hued as white as snow, orbs as golden as the goddess herself and antlers adorned her dial. She was quite simply ethereal, it was all I could do but blink to see if my eyes were simply deceiving me, for she looked like she had descended from the heavens.

As she made her way towards me, I made sure to pull myself from the shadows, as not to startle her. This angel could be my saviour after all; it wouldn’t do to scare her away. “Good e'en, M’lady. Pray, tell me, what has one as beauteous as you looking so troubled this eve?” I stood, harks pricked and oceans calm and my banner swishing gently as I awaited her reply.

" "
Fugue
622 words.
@[Arah]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arah - 10-21-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arlo - 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arah - 10-21-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arlo - 10-21-2013, 09:13 AM