the Rift

Something Different (Open)

Luna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
-Thu Thump, Thu Thump, Thu Thump.- The heart beat, so soothing to the ear. Though it isn't beautiful as we thought they were when we were little. You must have had the thought as well, like they were like the valentine hearts. Well no they are the opposite, they are nasty and ugly. But it is something that we need to protect... or else...

"Daddy don't move" the little filly giggled as she rested her head onto her fathers chest hearing his heart beat. The big black stallion watched his little filly. Her dappled grey mother came trotting, smiling at the two. The filly pressed her ear against her fathers jet black coat, listening.. To his heart beat, also his breathing. "It's beautiful father." The filly looked up at him and smiled, the difference between them and the other regular horses is... They were unicorn's. The fillies horn was black like her fathers and she was a dapple grey. With two blue eyes, while her mother only had one blue eyes. They both were still so beautiful. Her father nuzzled the filly and smiled, "just like you Luna." Her name.. Luna. In a split second everything was engulfed in fire and her parents lay dead on the ground. The young filly screamed.

The mare jolted awake, breathing hard. She started to calm herself down and quickly got up shaking her head. Just a dream, she thought.. No a nightmare. But the thing about that nightmare is... it was true, her parents were dead. She was all alone.. It was the same nightmare every night. First the heart beat, then the death. It was all the same, nothing changed!

Luna was her name, a strong dappled grey unicorn, but with a black horn... It was weird, she was supposed to have a white horn like her mother, but I guess it wanted to be like her fathers horn.

She was 14.2, very small and petite. But a feisty little thing at that. She knew where she was, stallions were always around here looking for new mares to join there herd. Though she wanted to be in a herd and finally have a family again.. She wasn't going to go with the stallion so easily. She was always so stubborn even when she was little.

She walked through the thick forest, the leaves and twigs crunching beneath her hooves. Flicking her ears in ever which way, trying to detect something. Her breathe was at ease, her heart -thu thump thu thump- was a soothing noise like always.

She sighed, getting tired. She walked to a near by stream and knelt down getting a quick drink and resting.

~Luna~

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Many thoughts could be conjured from something so simple others decided it insignificant and not worth their time. Sometimes it was the smallest things that most overlook that actually are the most interesting or the most exciting of the bunch. Today it was the delicate raindrops that fell upon the leaves of the canopy above that soothed his mind as the calm tranquility seeped deep into his soul. Breathing in slowly he allowed his lungs to expand fully before letting the breath return to the outside world. Opening his silver orbs he gazed around at the same ordinary scene that he had found himself in before. Nothing had changed, nothing was disturbed and the only sound was the soft patter of rain against the leaves above. A small smirk caught his lips as he lifted his hooves from the soil once more to continue his journey deeper into the threshold's forest.

Normally his appearance was quite striking with the steely grey dapples and the intricate markings over his lower extremities that beheld a soft glow under dimmed lighting. While this was unchanged one would not know it looking at him right now for his face was bathed in an orange colour and his body draped in the sticky threads of the spider. His luck was not exactly on a good note at the moment thanks to the vile creature Harald and the demon mutt Daphnee. Their curses were the reason for his rather ragged appearance and he could not wait until they were gone for good. The orange tone had thankfully began to fade away revealing only more of the cursed webs in its place. Not only did they cause much irritation to his skin underneath but they tended to pick up any little leaves, grass, or insects that happened to be around him. He literally felt like a walking bug catcher and he hated the idea of all the things that might happen to cling to himself.

Focusing on something else to distract his mind his nares picked up the scent of another mare nearby. Up ahead his eyes focused on a petite grey travelling through the forest slowly with a rather nervous stride to her step if he wasn't mistaken. His own silent footsteps halted as the mare did to take a break from her journey, he contemplated approaching her but hesitated with his current state. Surely he would likely scare her with the thick cascade of spider webs appearing as some sort of bigfoot like creature in the shape of a horse. The webs would not be with him for much longer, perhaps he could wait until they disappeared before approaching? What he didn't want was for another to beat him to it... Making up his mind he stuck close to the bushes to hide his appearance for the moment as he gently called out to the mare in a soft yet welcoming nicker.

TAGS: @[Luna]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Ciceron is currently experiencing some minor flaws in his looks thanks to the halloween adventures XD
His orange face is now gone but spiderwebs cling to his entire body until my next post.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
Her eyes met her reflection.. She smiled a little, she loved it. It was different.. She liked different, she was still beautiful as ever. Her blue eyes sparkled in the water, a few stray drops of rain fell and splashed into the stream.

She touched her horn to the water and nothing happened.. Tears streamed down her cheek, the stallion that killed her parents also took away her magic. She was so pathetic, a unicorn with no powers. She shook away the tears.

Flicking her ears she heard a nicker. Turning her head towards a bush she walked to it cautiously. "h-hello?"

This was probably the first time that he had ever hidden from someone on purpose, what was he a chicken? Sure he was wearing the remnants of the curse that the mutt had put on him, but that didn't mean that he needed to hide. Oh wait, he had chosen to approach this way hoping to not scare the poor fae have to death. At least he no longer looked like the joker with his orange pumpkin face and if he wasn't mistaken the webs were thinning out. Finally, he thought half sighing in relief now he could at least be normal again well at least until the next encounter with one of the other halloween creatures that seemed to be lurking about recently. Until then there was no more costumes for him and he would not be in the future trusting anything resembling a crow gone bad or any mangey mutts.

Shaking his body he was thankful to see the remaining webs fall off onto the ground still clinging onto whatever they had picked up on his journey here. It felt so much better to have the air touch his coat again without the dusty sticky crap hindering his movement. Looking over his pelt once more he was happy to report no lasting damage had been inflicted and once satisfied he took a breath before lowering his crown slightly and focusing back on the fae he had noticed before. Emerging from the bushes he regarded the mare with a kind smile stopping a few feet from her to give her some space. It worried him to see the misty appearance of her eyes, had she been crying? Immediate concern jumped to his mind but he held it back with some difficulty knowing his fussing may just make things worse.

"Hello miss, My name is Ciceron." He commented softly his voice calm and his posture relaxed. The pause was intentional to let the mare process things slowly if she needed to, mixed emotions could easily cloud one's mind making it hard to focus. "May I ask you name and if I may be of any assistance?" He really wanted to just cut to the chase and ask her why she was upset but this way would work as well in time, he just needed to be patient and allow her sometime to come around.

NOTES: Just a reminder to remember the word minimum when posting :) (250 words)

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
Flicking her ears more as rustling came from the bushes. Then came out a stallion, big.. very big compared to luna. Luna watched the stallion, blinking her eyes trying to clear away the misty tears. Looking him over very carefully, and then meeting his eyes. Her blue orbs watched his carefully.

'Ciceron' Luna thought to herself, what an interesting name. Shaking her thoughts away, dipping her head respectfully to him. "I am Luna.. And I am perfectly fine." She smiled up at him, the disadvantage of being 14.2... you always had to crane your neck up to look at the person in front of you.

Even without the webs coating his entire frame he still felt the tingling feeling of the habitual itch that they had caused. It was like sandpaper upon his skin moving just enough to irritate the follicles beneath stimulating his brain to want to scratch the area until the feeling goes away. The harder you try to ignore it the more the irritation grows making it feel 100% times worse than it actually was. He would not itch..he would not itch.. He repeated continuously in silence to himself fighting the natural reaction unwilling to give in. Focus on something else, that should make the thought go away.

Thankfully for him the perfect distraction was standing only meters from him watching him with wary eyes and nervousness threaded through her frame. "I am Luna.. And I am perfectly fine." Her voice seemed strong but he could tell from her misty eyes that it was the complete opposite. Something had upset the young fae to the point of tears, but out of respect he chose to drop the subject not wanting to make the mare more uncomfortable. If she really wanted to tell him it would have to be on her own accord, he would not pressure her into spilling her guts to satisfy his own observations.

Nodding gently he returned her gaze with a small smile lowering his head down to meet her eyes. Her stature was much shorter than his own towering height of over sixteen hands. "It is nice to meet you Luna." He said simply taking a second to look deeper within the depths of her orbs before dropping his own gaze so not to seem rude. The silver tone of his own eyes had been described as intimidating and nearly impossible to read so he made sure to limit the amount of eye contact when meeting others for the first time hoping they could see past his strange colouration.

"You look very tired from your journey, may I offer you the safety of the Foothills so that you may rest and regain your strength? Our herd is slightly smaller than the rest but size doesn't matter we are a family, we will make sure that everyone is taken care of and happy." He offered softly raising his eyes once again for a second before gazing around to ensure there were no others that had happened to come within the area unnoticed. Resting his hind foot he tried to appear slightly shorter than he was for the sake of Luna's neck.

NOTES: Sorry for the delay I've been stuck working a lot of overnights recently.

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Unregistered
Quickly clearing away the last of the tears, Luna definitely didn't want his pity. Getting pity from another being made you look weak and Luna definitely was not weak. She watch the stallion stare into her blue orbs. Ciceron's optics seemed more harsh and daring. But Luna wasn't afraid she actually liked it, it meant the stallion was strong and could take on anything that came his way. Though she averted her eyes as he did his. 'may I offer you the safety of the Foothills so that you may rest and regain your strength?' Luna pondered on these words, did she really need help from a herd? Did this stallion really care about her well being or was he just trying to add another member to his herd? Keeping herself quiet for a few minutes, lost in thought she almost totally forgot about the stallion. Letting out a soft snort, the silver mare looked at the stallion. He had lowered his cranium a bit so she mustn't hold her's so high. "I suppose I could come along." The words slithered of of the mare's tongue. "But only until I get my strength back and then I am on my way." The little mare snapped at him, Luna's silver ears pinned back some. She wasn't one to be messed around with. Luna could get very feisty if she need/wanted to.

ooc: Sorry it took forever to reply. I am gonna be more active.

ooc: I believe you need to request admin to un-archive this thread before we continue to post so that it will be recognized as your threshold thread.
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo