the Rift

[OPEN] We've Been Denying

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

He stared at her, those golden eyes that she had grown to adore through their experiences and shared memories. How long it seemed since they had frolicked together at the beach of the Endless Blue, back before love and trials had graced their lives and had pulled them inexplicably closer. Things had been simple back then, back when she had devouted herself to the Windtossed Foothills and Xanthos to his group of unicorn supremists. Yet... He wasn't like them. He had looked upon her with love and adoration, quite like how he did now, but there was no denying that something had changed. Whatever that was, however, Romani hadn't the slightest of clues.

The moment was over, and Romani's eyes averted downwards and to the left. How should she respond? Kasai watched with icy-blue eyes as Azel broke away from Xanthos' side, her head tilted curiously, a growl of confusion rumbling from the tigress' belly. Kasai knew that there was something amiss, and while she yearned to grow closer to Azel and play with the young Cheetah like they once did, loyalty and love kept her close to Romani's side. Ever so gently Kasai brushed against the troubled Haflinger's leg, letting her bond-mate know that even in such tumultuous times, she was not alone.

The Protector finally looked back up when Xanthos dared to approach. His movement, quick and sudden, caused the hearty mare to bristle with apprehension, but he did nothing but grow closer to her. He whispered her name like she was something to be cherished, proclaiming his love and murmuring apologies. Hadn't that been what she wanted to hear? If so, then why was she so... Unsatisfied? This bitterness remained, souring her tongue and locking it so that she was unable to form any words of reply.

Crisp azure eyes raised and locked upon those handsome golden orbs once again, and with a deep breath, she held his gaze. What should she say? Xanthos was before her now, standing, waiting... But for what? What did he want from her? An explanation? Wasn't it he who should be offering one to her? Panic grew within her breast, causing her to take a step back, the tip of her hoof dragging into the ground... But she would not run. Romani was no coward.

Sucking in a deep breath and trying to ignore the quesy feeling growing in her gut, the bitter mare spoke. Her voice was choked, strained... Emotional. "You apologize to me, but do you even know what you are apologizing for?" Panic and anger rolled inside of her, both fighting for dominance. Pinning her ears, the mare went on. "I was held against my will, again, and I do not know why. I don't know what they wanted from me, or why I was stolen from my home, but I was, and throughout the entire season of Hell that I went through, I waited. I waited for you to come... But you... You did not. I returned here, to our daughter, to find that you have left with no words to anyone, least of all our daughter. Pray be our family was willing to watch over her."

A harsh exhale rattled the Haflinger's frame, rippling her golden-red coat. When she spoke next, her voice was considerably softer than the moments before. "Jasiri is fine, before you worry. She is sleeping after a long day of play."

It was then that the gypsy shut her mouth before she said something that she truly regretted. How would Xanthos react to her bitter words? Or better yet... Why did she even say them in the first place? What had happened to their love? What would happen to them?

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Romani - 10-27-2013, 09:58 AM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 10-27-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Romani - 11-02-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 11-04-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 11-16-2013, 10:06 AM