the Rift

Are You Cleopatra? {Graveyard Champ.}

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Are You Cleopatra?

Was it just me, or was this day extremely bizarre? I asked myself this question many times as I made my way home. Even though I did not know where I was going, I tried my best to locate the Throat to the best of my abilities. Senses came out by instinct and I relied on them to help me find my way home. These terrains were unfamiliar and I questioned if I was even in Helovia anymore.

My wings beat down harshly in the air as I tried to get a higher altitude. As the air level changed slightly, I could feel the chilled breeze caress my massive wings. The chill of the breeze sent many tingling goose bumps fall down my spine. And now since my cape was now gone I could feel everything on my back once again. Felix, a stallion who I had just met, ripped it off my back and exposed it bare. I closed my eyes and shuttered in annoyance of the tingle. Then I turned my head toward the ground. When my silver orbs opened, they briefly scanned the terrain below and saw that I was not near the beautiful field of flowers that I just was. I was indeed further than I thought. Pleased with my time of travel I looked toward the ground to where I was, I appreciatively nodded my head to blazon a goodbye. I had very much enjoyed the spar I had just a short time ago with Felix. Now the weird thing is, I don’t quite remember how or why I was there, but all I remember is seeing a beautiful field with two trees near a creek and sparring with Felix.

A rush of relief flushed through my veins as I thought I saw the reddish sands of the Throat. Yes, finally I was home. I knew I could rely on my instincts, for they were mostly never wrong. Twisting my body downwards I started to prepare for my landing. My speed increased as I dove straight towards the sanded ground. My wings fell beside my ribcage and my ears pinned to my skull. I created more of an aerodynamic shape so I could reach the ground faster. Finally, my wings spread and I slowly glided to stop myself. Legs braced for landing and they finally felt the soft granules connect to my hooves and I stopped. My mane fell in front of my face from the harsh momentum and dust rose from my hooves. Shaking my head, my mane was gone and so was the rising dust. Now I could actually see…

This was NOT the Throat! What was I thinking? In fact, it was very different. Blinking, I looked around my surroundings and found that my instincts were not only wrong, but this was not even close to what my home looked like. It had many mountain-like mounds of sands which rose high above where I was. The only thing that I could clearly see was the many mounds of sand and one giant pyramid which lurked in the horizon.

Knowing that this was not my home, I immediately wanted to rise into the air again, but something that I had ignored before was now recognizable. I was absolutely parched! I needed to find water before I rose into the air again. Walking hesitantly, I started towards the pyramid. I figured someone might live there and maybe could help me find water or have some water inside? As I neared I had never seen something so... magnificent. My eyes were intrigued and could not leave the many foreign symbols that I had never seen before. They were engraved into the sides, which resembled an open door.

Once I was in the doorway, I stretched my muzzle out to see if there was anyone there. “Hello?” I called out hesitantly. No answer. When I walked in, I hadn’t realized that there would be booby traps. My hoof accidentally stepped on a loose stone and suddenly the ground beneath me came out. And I fell.

I don’t know how long I was unconscious for, but a groan aroused from my throat once I realized what happened. I fell. Trying to stand, the crunchy sound of the flooring crumbled beneath my hooves. Shaking my body, dust lingered in the air, creating a dry musty smell. Looking around in awe gold objects shimmered temptingly. My orbs were drawn to the food, sand, and trinkets which were pressed among the walls. Walking towards the walls I suddenly heard a sound coming from the far side of the room. Racing toward the shadow, a figure came into view. Not knowing who it was, I reached my muzzle out hoping to bite its neck. I accused this horse for my fall.

[WC: 800

PC: 1/3

Levi was knocked out once he activated the booby trap and fell to the floor beneath. Once he woke up he did not realize that he was dressed in a Pharaoh like costume. He heard a sound from the end of the room and raced towards it. Once he saw it was a horse he blamed the horse for making him fall and attempted to bite at his opponent's neck.

The design of his costume will come in the next post:)

@[Confutatis]

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
CONFUTATIS
I've been eaten from the inside out

She watched a stallion fall from the sky, all sharp points and razor edges, a shade of silver that gleamed in the light of the blazing sun. She watched as he landed, sand whirling around his thundering hooves.
She followed as he disappeared.

If he was a pharaoh, she was his decaying mother, the charcoal of her coat hidden by dusty linen wrappings. The overlapping pieces of cloth chafed at her skin, the thickest swaths hindering the bending of her leg joints. Yet for all its inhibitions and faults, she didn’t mind the way it muffled her steps until she was near-silent, and she was clever enough to realize the wads of bandages would act as a skimpy armor, overtop of her bone plates. Only the painted skull of her face, a stripe across her left shoulder, and the shins of her forelegs were left exposed, although the padding varied in thickness according to the strength and tone of the muscle- so the most delicate were the most protected, and the most hardy, such as her quarters, sheathed only thinly. Pieces unravelled as she moved, dragging behind her in the golden sand, turning a pale shade of dusty yellow. It whispered danger.
Confutatis did not pause as the door yawned, a hungry mouth waiting to swallow her.

Through the parted jaws she slipped, the only sound the skittering of rats’ claws over stone, and the distant thud of her heart banging quicker in her chest, exhilarated by the shadows. Golden rays of sunlight pierced the darkness, holy swords battling evil, but the valiant angels succumb as she ventures deeper into the halls of the dead. And the boy will fall under my hooves.

Dust chokes her lungs, gray clouds of it rising in the air where she walks. These passages have not been touched for many years.

A rumbling groan permeates the air, and the brawny lines of her neck tense, her amber eye flitting warily. More ashes of time and cobwebs fall, hissing from the ceiling, turning the cream of her mummy wraps to a grimy shade of lackluster brown. Silt settles in her tangled mane and worms into the crevices of her body. The pyramid moans again; and then a rock falls, smashing onto the only recently healed wound of her shoulder, tearing and shredding scarred skin. With a shrill squeal of anger, the mare leaps forward, and then her forelegs are skittering down the stairs, frogs banging painfully on the hard square edges. By a great force of will, she manages to keep herself upright, slowing herself but still more sliding than walking, body unaccustomed to the bizarre and unfamiliar movements.

For a moment she cannot see, and she chokes, lungs full of disturbed dirt layering the floor. Then it clears, light glinting tantalizingly, arrow shafts shot by the sun.

The boy.
He is awakening from his slump on the floor.

A cruel grin twists at the corner of her cracked lips, and she strides forward purposefully, all malignant intent and pitiless heart, hooves silent on the floor, the pyramid whispering around them. She does not see the mummy rising from it’s grave; her eye watches the sleeping stallion. Fool, fool, fool, sleeping on the job.
With a roar she leaps forwards, ignoring the spasms of pain in her shoulder, as the figure comes to meet her, teeth bared and reaching out for her neck. Coming head-on, she shifts to the pegasus’ left, ducking her crest to avoid the gaping mouth. Her hind legs twist, hoping to buck up at his forelegs as she rushes by him.

Die, stupid child. Die.

calsidyrose

604 Words.
1/3

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
72 hours has passed. Confutatis wins by default.
No VP is awarded.