the Rift

[OPEN] A Flame To Guide You Home

Blitzen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Another warm day had emerged from this Tallsun season. Blitzen didn't know exactly what and how this was for he didn't quite understand seasons. You see, in Winterseige, it had been quite different for Blitzen. There were no seasons and as the name suggests, this land was locked in winter year round.

In the process of living in this land, Blitzen grew to know the meaning of love, faith, hope... family. For five years Blitzen had come together with his soul and body to realize this. He had adjusted and unfortunately, he had not realized just how lucky he was to have such a family. He had just come to terms with himself that he had probably one of the best situations possible. Once he arrived here, he had lost it.

There was, perhaps, a bittersweet twist to this story. He had been brought to a place called the Windtossed Foothills by a stallion with the title of Solace. Blitzen had experienced strangely colored equines during his time here and he had experienced certain things that would drive some mad. He had learnt a lesson in all of this. It was to be grateful. He was indeed locked in a sorrow that he would never return to his true home, Winterseige.

But, he had found happiness in the fact that he had discovered bright and beautiful things such as the terrain of the Foothills. He had discovered flowers and rolling green hills filled with endless food and a home for protection. He was comfortable here and had shed his winter coat that he had always had during those cold tiles. Perhaps he could see this as a reward. And to add to it, there were endless possibilities to which he could find maybe a place reminiscent of home.

Blitzen was out once more, exploring the land of the Foothills and mapping out the terrain. The more he knew this place, the better his knowledge could broaden on the subject and topic of his home. Especially, to potential new members. Also, he was searching for a place of his 'own'. More of a sense of security strategy than anything. If he had a claim to just a certain spot in this crazy world, maybe he would begin to feel more at home.

He easily scaled the rocky slopes of the hillsides belonging to this green land. The rush of the water coming from the river below still rung in his ears and the scent of the mountains was beginning to fill his curved roman-nosed nostrils. However, so was another scent.

It was familiar but Blitzen couldn't exactly pinpoint the source of where he had smelt it. It was a recent smell and it was of an individual. Stallion, of course. The image and color of green flashed into his mind. [Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Solace."

Comet was already on it. The griffon was curious himself as he had also caught a whiff of the original scent. The griffon leaped from Blitzen's back and took to the skies, rapidly gaining elevation. He circled above in the cloudy skies, gaining a bird's eye view. [Image: comettalk_zps900dd027.png] "A dark figure approaching."

Blitzen huffed and his beard began to bob as his maw opened to call out. [Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png]"Forgive me if I am wrong, brother. Pray, do tell, you are Solace? The one that brought me and Comet here?"
A smile played across the gentle giant's face.

@[Solace]

[Image: divider_zps768c2f8f.png]
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Talk"
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Thoughts"
[Image: comettalk_zps900dd027.png] "Comet"

image credits to onep3rfect3y on wallpapers.net

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace was glad to finally take some time and bask in the glory his home, the Foothills. It felt as though he was so frequently in the Threshold or wandering other corners of Helovia, that he never got the opportunity to rest within his homeland. A loud joyful hum escaped from his lips as he trotted gazing about his surroundings. Even though the sun was hot, the area around him was lush and full of life. There was nothing like home, and so quickly this became home. Solace had only lived in the Foothills for about a season and a half now, which in all retrospect was a small blip on the vast timeline of life. This made a question form in his mind, how long would he be a part of the Foothills? Would he live here until his body faded into ash and returned to the earth that the gods created? Or would his heart pull him somewhere? Solace couldn’t imagine anywhere else being home. The only way he could see himself leaving the Foothills was if someone were to conquer the land, and pollute everything that the Foothills is. The very thought that though seemed so improbable. Or was it? Wasn’t the herd returning to life after so many abandoned it? For a brief moment his mind wandered to Ktulu, their previous leader. And then to Archibald, the former general. Solace hadn’t gotten to know either of them, but he didn’t know if he wanted to.

Solace turned his thoughts from the negativity that haunted his mind. There was no need to dwell on the past. All that mattered now was what the Foothills was becoming nowadays. There were so many newcomers that came and began to fill the herd with life. Many of them Solace needed to connect with more, especially those that he had brought to his home himself. His thoughts drifted to his most recent encounter, Blitzen. The stallion had seemed to be a relatively kind creature. He had wanted to interact with the other stallion, he wondered how he was faring in their new home.

In the sky Solace noticed something. He stopped for a moment and cocked his head to the left. It was most definitely not a bird. Was it perhaps a Griffin? His ears perked up when the realization hit him. His gait shifted to a trot, seeking out what he hoped to be Blitzen.

The voice of another called out, it was a familiar sound to his ears. Solace had indeed found him. “It is indeed Solace,” He called back as he came closer. “It’s a pleasure to see you again Blitzen, and you Comet.” First he dipped his head at Blitzen and then at his winged companion. Slowly he found himself growing used to the concept of the bonds between two creatures such as these. Part of him wondered what it would be like, but he also feared such a bond for it held such intimacy.
“How have you been faring since arriving here in the Foothills?” He asked warmly, “I hope that it has been treating you well, and you’re feeling comfortable here.”

Speech.

@[Blitzen]

Image Credits

Unregistered

Blitzen's penti-horned head turned towards Comet as the Griffon began to squawk at Solace in a good manner, trying to convey the message that he was faring well, indeed. Blitzen smiled and looked at Solace with a slight chuckle [Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "He says he's doing really well. As am I. We're actually out here trying to find a cave or something to call our own and to stay in. Kind of like a residence for us, I guess one could state."
Blitzen finished his sentence then took a deep breath.

[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "After that, we're probably going to seek out the rest of the land and explore some nooks and crannies that could be an advantage for us and for us to share. We're simply trying to familiarize ourselves with area a bit more. Then, perhaps, we'll expand our adventures outside of the borders and work on the rest of Helovia."

Comet dove for the ground, elegantly landing, but all the while leaving a thud to break the air. Comet shook his head, then his coat, ruffled his feathers then looked up at Solace all the while twitching his tail. Blitzen's blue eyes turned from Comet then back to Solace with a smile [Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Perhaps you would like to join us on our expedition? We plan to return to our 'spot' at least every two days."

[Image: comettalk_zps900dd027.png] "How do we know where our spot will be, Blitzen?"
Blitzen braced himself as Comet leaped upwards and onto his back, steadying himself with his wings. [Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "You'll usually know it when you first see it. It'll be dry and it will just feel right and comfortable. I'll show you when you find it."

@[Solace]

[Image: divider_zps768c2f8f.png]
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Talk"
[Image: blitzentalk_zpseb63f949.png] "Blitzen Thoughts"
[Image: comettalk_zps900dd027.png] "Comet"

image credits to onep3rfect3y on wallpapers.net

Adoptable

Solace watched the griffin as he squawked and smiled. He interpreted that as at least a good response, and his belief was confirmed by the griffin’s bonded. It was like music to his ears that both were having a positive experience. As Blitzen told of them looking for a place to stay, he himself hadn’t found a permanent place to stay, but that never had been important to Solace, he believed it to be his wandering spirit that prevented him from choosing a single home to call his own. There was always something new to find in the Foothills, so to pick a singular place to remain would make him grow restless.

“I have managed to explore Helovia a bit myself, it’s a gorgeous place and there is much to see here.” He thought back to the time he wandered to the ocean. It vastness had blown him away, and made him feel like the small colt he had once been. It had been awhile since he had gone further than the Threshold from his home, but his mind had been focused solely on rebuilding the Foothills and getting it to a strong and steady place. Now life was flourishing, and perhaps he could focus a bit on his own ventures and try building more relationships within the Foothills.

Solace watched the griffin move, the smile till upon his lips. There was something precious between Comet and his bonded. This idea of a companion was growing on the stallion by bit, it was starting to lose its strangeness. Maybe someday he would request to the earth god for a companion. For now though, there were many other things to worry about other than making petty requests to a god that has far more important things to tend to then the desires of a mere mortal.

Blitzen’s invitation caught into Solace’s ears. His ears perked forward, and at first he simply nodded before the words came to his mind. “I would love to join you.” He said. It would be good to know where the other stallion chose to reside, in case he would ever need to seek him out. In that moment Solace’s thoughts drifted out to Cantante. Last time he had been to check up on her, she hadn’t been at her ‘safe spot’, which made him feel a sense of worry, but he knew she wasn’t a child and had no control of where the mare chose to go. It still concerned him as to whether or not she was lost. Perhaps Blitzen had seen the mare since Solace had kept her close to the Foothills. He would have to go out and look for her later, he would give it a bit more time before he decided to look, there was no reason to keep her an iron grip. He had no right whatsoever to dictate any kind of action for this mare to take. His protection was on her terms and if she didn’t desire to be under his watch it was her choice. It didn’t mean he wouldn’t worry a bit about her though, there was no stopping that.

“So, what is it in particular you are looking for?” Solace asked pulling himself from his thought. It was rude of him to dwell upon something when he was in the presence of someone. “I haven’t explored the Foothills quite as much as I’d like to, but maybe I can keep an eye out for something that would suit you and Comet.”

Speech.

@[Blitzen]

Image Credits

Unregistered
The emerald accented stallion before Blitzen was indeed growing on him. A large smile yelling of warmth and friendliness had erupted onto his face and the radiance of his persona was figuratively warming the atmosphere around him. Blitzen's perked ears were apparent and his tail flickered back and forth once the stallion accepted his offer to accompany the two chocolate covered creatures.

Solace questioned just what was being sought out and Blitzen gladly explained, all the while taking a few steps forward to begin making progress and heading towards the direction he would prefer to be... upwards. "We were scouting a place that we hope to be something like a decently sized cave that could accommodate Comet and I as well as at least a few others. Something to shelter from the cold and elements."

Cloven hooves softly hit the earth as they entered the steady rhythm of Blitzen's walk. The familiar melodic wave of the jingling sleigh bells on his collar soon entered the air as well, creating a unique song that only Blitzen could manage to create. The griffin soon added his own sound to the harmony as he lunged into the air, flapping his wings occasionally to stay afloat in the air.

"Of course, we certainly are gracious for any opportunities that come along as we've both never been the pick type."

@[Solace] Apologies for the wait.

"BLITZEN TALK."

"COMET TALK."

Credits

Adoptable

Solace noted Blitzen’s warm smile, he enjoyed the other stallion’s joyful demeanor. It made it difficult for Solace to just sit in his worry about the winged mare. Maybe Solace could find a close friend in the multi-horned stallion, the desire for close companionship was growing in his heart. Part of him longed for the company such as Comet, a companion so intimately bonded sounded frightening, but oddly beautiful. In all his wanderings, Solace had made friends, but the were just fleeting ties that would be severed when he moved on to the next place. This hadn’t bothered him over the years, but now that he had a home, and a herd he regarded as his own blood, even if he had few relationships with most within the herd.

Solace listened attentively as Blitzen described what he and his feathered friend sought. He nodded his head, and internally made note of this. That shouldn’t be too difficult to find in the rocky terrain of the Foothills. Solace couldn’t select a single place to be his ‘spot’, his travelers mind couldn’t do it. Each night he found a new place that suited him and his mood that night. It would always be his way, he didn’t believe himself the type to completely settle down, even if the Foothills was home, he still needed to see the world.

Solace listened to the sweet tune the bells around Blitzen’s neck made. He had always had an affection for music, which was partially why he always found himself humming when he walked about. This time it was no exception, but he listened carefully to the sound of the bells and tried to mimic their notes and rhythm with a baritone hum. Once again, Blitzen spoke. They wouldn’t be picky, which was probably good due to the fact there wouldn’t eer be that perfect place.

“With a bit of careful searching I’m sure we’ll be able to find something at least similar to what you seek.” Solace offered his companion a smile. Already, his eyes were drifting over their surroundings, but for the time being nothing in particular caught his eye. “When you and Comet begin your travels, I recommend going to the Endless Blue as one of your first stops, it is incredibly beautiful. I hadn’t seen the ocean before, and it is one of the few things that makes me feel truly small.”

Blitzen was another one of those things, but the stallion could probably make anyone feel small. His cheerful nature though removed any potential fear that Solace potentially could’ve felt toward the stallion.

@[Blitzen]

Image Credits