the Rift

[PRIVATE] and where are we to go when all our paths lose their way?

Cantante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A dark gray mare wanders in the dim, pre-dawn light. She seems to have no particular destination in mind for her path is a meandering one though it is reasonably clear that she began somewhere in the vicinity of the foothills. Wherever she might have been planning, or hoping, to go, she ends up here in the Thistle Meadow somewhere between the northern border and the great central river. There her very slow and rather clumsy progress ends. Feet planted widely for balance that she really shouldn’t need on such flat terrain she tilts her head back to study the sky.

I am still not entirely sure where I am in relation to the most recent place that I called home. It took me the better part of three months to reach this Helovia but I didn’t know where I was going and I certainly wasn’t traveling in any logical pattern. Honestly my arrival here really was unintentional, I simply needed to leave the sky before I fell from it and so I landed in the Threshold. If I hadn’t exhausted my body and mind so completely I would have tucked myself safely away in the shadows for the night and left again before I was found. My foolishness left me unable to leave then and no more so now… I was and am too unwell. So I am left gazing at the stars and trying to figure out where I haven’t yet gone to search for Kabear. Of course I’ve only barely scratched the surface of these lands, perhaps I will find what I seek here in the end.

After a time her gaze wanders from the sky to take in the vast open space around her and the prominent purple plants blanketing it’s surface. The sight seems to please her for she takes a few suddenly energetic, hopping steps forward then shakes vigorously enough that her folded black wings fall open. That makes her freeze again. A full minute passes like that then ever so cautiously she stretches the feathery appendages out and flaps them tentatively once, twice… she lets them fall, still spread open, to drag on the ground again. A wistful sigh escapes and then with a disgruntled look she attacks the grass at her feet instead of whatever else she’d wanted to do.

It will still be sometime before I can fly again. I am gaining strength but the process is distractedly slow. This is why I’ve left my safe haven yet again. I’ve convinced myself that using my muscles will help me recover faster. Even if I’m deluded in that matter I still need to move for my sanity if nothing else. Last night I couldn’t sleep and so set out for another solo venture in the dark. Not entirely wise on unfamiliar trails, but I haven’t exactly been making a point of wise actions lately. I’d been aiming for the Threshold, which I appear to have missed entirely, and I may well now be too worn out to get back to where I’m supposed to be safe before night falls again. Still, breaking free of that oppressive forest and finding this wide open space lifted my spirits… right up until I spread my wings and discovered that they are still dreadfully weak.

In between one mouthful and the next a sound, rather like hooves crunching dry crackly plants, comes from behind her. One ear flickers to show that she has heard but she does not turn to look. She simply finishes the clump of sweet grass, taking her time about it. When no further noise is heard and no words spoken she calls out, “Who follows?”

@[Brisa]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Maybe home was back this way or maybe that way? Snorting in frustration the snowy mare felt like giving up at the thought of ever making her way back to the Edge. No sense of direction and new lands did not make a good combination especially when you were not exactly in the best condition health wise. It was not an illness that plagued the fae but rather the hard life of constant travel and poor nutrition followed by the many mishaps that scarred her both visibly and mentally. The scars would heal but the damage internally would be with her forever, and probably with her luck even longer should such a thing exist. Since arriving in Helovia her visible appearance had improved slightly but still her bones showed partially beneath her pelt. It would take some time before there would be any drastic changes, until then she would just have to live with the reminders.

Glancing down to the ground she sighed defeated and wishing she could somehow find something familiar, right now all she could see was a mass of purple and pink scattered throughout the meadow. Rather aimlessly she continued to walk not really in the mood to actually pay attention to where she was going, but rather grabbing the odd leafy green as it appeared. A feminine voice startled her from her zoned out state as she half tripped herself by her own feet. Lifting her head up above the grass the figure of the mare came into view. From where she was it appeared that the mare bore ebony wings that hung dejectedly at her sides. She had met few pegasus but from what she could remember didn't their wings fold along their sides instead of half dragging on the ground? Maybe the mare is injured?

Ears flicking around cautiously she wondered if there was others around or was this mare the only one she had managed to run into without knowing it. No other sounds came to her as alarming but her nature left her wary of pretty much everything until otherwise proven. Nipping at her own neck to ward away a developing itch she was not impressed to find a few small thistles caught up in the long tendrils, no wonder she was getting itchy. Yanking them free with a quick tug she spit them onto the ground hating the prickly feeling they left in ones mouth, it would be awhile before that went away. Turning her attention back to the mare she noticed no change in her position, did she not know she was here or did she even care that someone else was here? If it was her in this situation she would likely be half panicking until she found the source of the disturbance, but that was just her.

Calling out gently hoping she was not intruding she slowly approached where the other mare stood with hesitance. Lowering her head she tried to appear as nonthreatening as possible hoping to not get her head ripped off. "Hello?...My..name is Brisa, are you ok?" She managed her voice sounding small and as wary as she felt at the moment. The mare's pelt was as black as the night matching her wings perfectly, but just because she was a mare didn't mean she was any safer. Some mares could be just as bad as stallions at times, hopefully the mare before her was not one of those. She appeared to be older than herself but something about her posture seemed off making her feel concerned should she be injured. She knew little about medicine but maybe she could be of help in some way.

TAGS: @[Cantante]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: I apologize for the wait, have been working nights. :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo