the Rift

[OPEN] Be bloody, bold and resolute [Herd Meeting]

Kelec Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Crafter
Stallion :: Other :: 18 hh :: 24 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

The summons came as something of a surprise to the centaur. He raised his head with a puzzled frown as the neigh echoed through the valley, fingers pausing briefly in their work of stitching together tiny rabbit skins into something that eventually was intended to become a garment. Blue eyes looked around, trying to capture the gaze of someone in the vicinity to ask what was going on; but no one seemed to be looking in his direction, they were already leaving caves and patches of grass, conversations and other business, heading in the direction of the caller with a sense of purpose in their steps.

Hesitating slightly, unsure of whether this call was meant for him as well, Kelec eventually set aside his work and rolled up on all four, stiff legs stretching with popping joints before he began to follow in the wake of the unicorns, annoyed over the interruption yet also curious over why they were being gathered. Was this a common occurrence? Did the horses in this herd normally come as soon as someone called, or was this rare? He did sense surprise in the herd, saw glances and whispers exchanging, brows raised and ears curiously pointed forward as they gathered before a tall, dark stallion. The centaur had to admit himself surprised as well; he hadn't recognized the call, and decidedly didn't expect it to belong to the ominous gray stallion that had been among the crowd as the chestnut first came to the Aurora Basin. The ranks and personalities of the herd was still mostly unfamiliar, just as he was unfamiliar to them; with the back straight and arms folded in a relaxed yet proud manner across the vest-clad chest the half-horse creature kept to the outskirts of the group, unwilling to draw too much attention to himself - just in case he shouldn't have come.

Remaining quiet as Deimos and Illynx spoke, he like everyone else raised his eyebrows at the announcement that the deadly general had risen in rank. But unlike the horned Lady he had spoken with upon arriving the red-haired man didn't have any objections. It mattered little to him who made the decisions, neither did he care who this Psyche was that had left her crown and disappeared. Neither did he find the rest of the news interesting - really, was this something to gather the entire herd for? To him it sounded more like business between the rulers and the different casts, did everyone have to know everything around here?

It seemed like such an inefficient system; just listen to the bickering that already had started, the loud voicing of different opinions in front of leads, warriors, healers and children... Not to mention the general disorder as different characters shouted their interest for this position or that... No, he didn't care much for it. It was disorganized, nothing at all like the quiet, efficient system of voting by paper ballots back at home, that had been tallied and announced by the Council of Elders, where complaints were seen as extremely rude and a serious accusation of dishonesty against the appointed someone... It went without saying that Kelec felt the difference between his own race and the unicorns grow the longer he remained among them.

The frown that had settled on his brow only eased up a tiny bit as the subject changed to areas that interested him. As Illynx spoke of cultivating food and improving the caves, the tall centaur took a step forward - hesitant to add to the confusing meeting, yet even more reluctant to remain silent when he had something to add.

"My people were skilled at utilizing the land where they settled. I know much about the cultivation of plants and storing of fruit and feed, and have no objections against sharing my knowledge with the Aurora Basin."

The deep voice carried clearly through the air, strong without being loud and as firm as the studs face was calm - an effective shield against the many curious, shocked eyes that surely would be turned towards his unusual, to some even grotesque appearance.

"I might also have something to add on the subject of improving the caves; though it's not an area I'm very familiar with, I know of some techniques used when working with stone. Overall, I'm at your service."

A large hand was placed with open palm above the heart, and after a slight bow towards the two leaders Kelec grew quiet and stepped back, having nothing further to add.

Taras Kalapun @ Flikr

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:40
Helovia Hard Mode

Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kelec

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be bloody, bold and resolute [Herd Meeting] - by Leovan - 11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: Be bloody, bold and resolute [Herd Meeting] - by Kelec - 11-02-2013, 04:35 PM