the Rift

[OPEN] Hunting
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Soft earth lay harmlessly beneath my feet, knees were locked to hold me stark still despite the strong urge to shuffle, pace, and twitch. Every muscle fiber felt electrified; almost like I needed to run, fight, do something about the fact that my family had gone missing. As fate had it, somewhere a set of hooves was put to purpose; I could faintly hear them in the distance moving toward my direction (or so one could hope.) Ivory tendrils flicked back and forth irritably striking my flank until outer thighs began to sting; ears notched themselves as far forward as structure allowed.

“Midas!”

A male, but luckily not a stranger. I had already been staring at the distant treeline when my dear friend Apollo emerged with a smile lifting his brow. Troubled features relaxed just enough to respond to the Foothills chief with a natural grin that was better suited than the frown I’d been previously wearing. It was easy to expect the worst to come from this visit; but when my brother appeared somehow I felt that mother luck had granted me a merciful boon. 'Apollo would help me', I thought positively. After all the stuff we had been through in the past, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he would leave me behind without some tidbit of information.

I reached out as he drew near, stretching tempered neck to brush his muzzle in a brotherly welcome. He must have seen the concern marring my usually carefree disposition, because as the distance shortened so did his beam of delight. What could I say to his kind words that welcomed me from another clan with open arms? “It is good to see you, I’m glad it was ye that responded.” He had moved up in the world, and…so had I. It wasn’t forgotten that his clan had waged war against mine not more than a season ago—but…he was a friend, as much as a clanmate as the rest of our herd. I couldn’t believe that it was by his words such an attack was implemented. “Ktulu?” I said quietly, “My daughter? Are they here?”

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hunting - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-15-2013, 10:36 PM