the Rift

[OPEN] Hunting
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Apollo hadn’t changed. He still had a kindness about him, a tolerance and gentleness. I was thankful that the trials of a leader wasn’t causing his heart to grow hard. He smiled at me and returned our welcoming gesture affectionately. I felt more than just a twinge of symphony unfurl when my dear brother admitted that Foothills was struggling with politics. Their bridges hadn’t exactly been well maintained…ever since the whole Basin mess; but at least some of the boards could be salvaged to build anew.

I watched as the glow fell from his features and sobered into a frown; my heart sank another few inches. “You have not seen her?” Her. Meaning neither of them I supposed. Ktulu hadn’t come for my counsel when she chose to leave, neither of my girls had even made the journey to visit. Saying that their choices didn’t sting would be a lie.

My body felt hot and uncomfortable again, but for different reason, “Ranjiri is here? Ktulu left our daughter alone?” Shock was evident in my tone, and for the first time in a long while a spark of fury rose in the normally calm pits of my gaze. Ranjiri was still small, surely too young to be without the guidance of a parent figure. This world was dangerous for our youth.

Apollo offered me by his side; my head nodded once and the body slipped to his side. But my mind was still left behind, frozen at the border. I breathed out, gathering myself before admitting a truth that was becoming more and more final with each step, “I haven’t seen or heard from either of them in nearly a season.” Maybe there was a good excuse. Maybe.

Knowing that there was little to nothing Apollo could do about my family problems, I added, "Don't let the politics overwhelm; don't lose yourself."

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hunting - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-15-2013, 10:36 PM