the Rift

[OPEN] Hunting

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

How Fickle My Heart and How Woozy My Eyes
I Struggle to Find Any Truth in Your Lies

Apollo listened as his friend went on, seemingly unsatisfied with his answer. An ear tipped back in uneasiness, and the overo felt his concern merely grow. What, indeed, did it feel like, being a father searching relentlessly for your mate and child? Desperate to find them safe, to find them well and whole? Having a family of that calibur, Apollo imagined, was grating on the nerves... But he could think of none better suited to handle those stresses than Midas.

"Ktulu did not leave her alone," Apollo amended gently, his soulful, honey-brown orbs lingering upon Midas as they began to roam the grasses of the Foothills side by side, "But in the protection of our family as a herd. Unfortunately I don't know if young Ranjiri intends to stay within this family, for as I said, it has been some time since I last saw her..." Realizing he was probably making Midas' worries worse, Apollo shut himself up, his lips pulled thin. What could he say to help quell his dear friend's fears? Was there anything, or was he simply making it worse?

"If I see them, Midas, I will tell them that you worry of them frequently, and that they would both do well to see you soon. I'm sorry that I cannot offer you more peace of mind than my word."

"Don't let the politics overwhelm; don't lose yourself."

The statement came rather abruptly that it caught Apollo unaware, and he tippted his muzzle inwards and towards his friend, eyes searching and slightly confused. Leadership was a huge weight. Not only did you have to protect your own life, but the lives of everyone who lived with you. A family unit they were, weak in numbers, but strong in the bonds of kindship.

"Midas... If I could be so bold to ask you something?" A flick of the tail to signal a sudden, different level of concern, but Apollo did not let the silence settle for long. "This is... Something beyond the ties of brothers, but from a desperate Chief to a worthy Sultan. My herd - my family- is... Unsafe. Threatened. You and I have shared some things in the past, Midas; we've explored unnamed locations, shared our troubles like brothers, fought and shed blood in each other's names and safety... I would ask, as Chief of the Foothills, if you and the Dragon's Throat would humble us as allies?"

It was in the middle of his grave question that Apollo found himself slowing his pace until he had stopped, his attention focused soley and completely upon his winged companion. Would Midas agree to such a truce...? Would it even matter? Or had their contract with the Basin ruined any such ties for allies in this tumultuous time?

And Now My Heart Stumbles on Things I Don't Know
My Weakness I Feel I Must Finally Show

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Hunting - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM