the Rift

[OPEN] Hunting
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Apollo tried his reasoning, assuring that Ranjiri would be safe behind Foothills border; after the overo had admitted that their home was currently residing on loose soil. She was away from her, Ma, Da—I stiffened, but said nothing in retort to his correct. In the back of my mind I knew that this brother was only trying to comfort by fixing the situation in the only way he knew how. Offering himself as a shield and sword. Words to follow would provide some comfort, though it seemed that when we were at our weakest, it was those vocals of easement that worked less to appease. More often than not, we pushed away those that could aid us most. To some extent it was a nourishing to know that he had my back on matters concerning my personal family.

I give a nod to his vow and apology, “I am grateful for that my friend.”

My change of subject had been rapid and out of the norm, simply because I wanted to alter my mind toward other things. Things that could be controlled—since it was obvious there were no answers to be found. “Midas…If I could be so bold to ask you something?” I glanced his way, one ear flexed back. Pools softened when they regarded his gentle gaze; we were both near the same age—both struggling with the matter of our friendship now tainted by business. This was why I absolutely hated politics. In order to rule, you had to make the tough choices, and not everyone would be thrilled with your decisions.

“I would ask, as Chief of the Foothills, if you and the Dragon’s Throat would humble us as allies?”

My spine straightened. Wings that had slumped forward, now shuffled to straighten against my warm sides, “Apollo, ye knows I love thee like a brother,” tone was soft, full of forgiveness and understanding. “Before answering thy question, tell me truthfully as ye might—why did your family create ties with Basin, and then strike the crown of Dragons?”

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hunting - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-15-2013, 10:36 PM