the Rift

[OPEN] Hunting

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

How Fickle My Heart and How Woozy My Eyes
I Struggle to Find Any Truth in Your Lies

Perhaps he should have known that the question would arise sooner or later. It was the only reason for tension between he and his golden brother, was it not? The question, soothed with a proclamation of Midas' brotherly affection, still stung to hear, but there was nothing but truth to the inquiry. They had attacked the World's Edge, an event that Apollo had been helpless to stop at the time... Hopefully Midas would listen to his reasoning as to what had caused such alliances with the Basin, if one would even call it that.

"Midas," Apollo started softly, sucking in a deep breath as he pondered just what he could say to explain himself, "I regret that day, as I do regret every day of war I have ever put myself in. Please listen, and know that everything I'm about to tell you is the truth, and transpired before I had any power to stop it."

Honey-brown eyes lingered upon the Sultan's golden eyes, apology shining deep within his orbs. "When I was still but a medic for the Grey, shortly after settling within the Foothills, Ophelia and Psyche of the Basin came to an agreement. They created a contract between the Grey and the Basin; the promise of soldiers should the Basin ever need them." His loyalty to the Grey had been unfaltering back then, for he had loved every member of the Grey as his family... Would that now be his undoing? "Before the invasion on the Edge, Ophelia left us, leaving Ktulu and I to pick up where she had left off. It was then that the Basin called us to to service..."

"I... I heard that the Basin attacked your family as well, Midas." Here, emotion choked his voice, causing Apollo's speech to falter. He could still remember the terror he felt when hearing such news, and the fear that, once he found out that the Foothills had helped the Basin invaders, Midas would hate him. "I... I am sorry. I had no idea that they had been planning that, and... If I could go back to that day and change what had happened, I would. It hurt, brother, to see my warriors, my family come home, haunted from attacking and harming innocents who had not deserved such brutality. I swore then that I would change our ways."

And it had been then, at his decision, that the Grey had fallen into disrepair. Did it hurt? Yes, of course. He had devouted himself, body and soul, for the welfare of their mercenary band... But that had been the idealistic dream of outcast life. As a herd, such a creed was impossible to follow without making yourself a target.

"... I know that it does not condone what we have done," the Merciful went on to explain, lowering his eyes from Midas' piercing gaze, "But we have done our best to amend for our sins. We were left in a tough place; seized by a contract that we did not ask for. For now... I want to move forward from that dark time, and create a new Foothills."

And Now My Heart Stumbles on Things I Don't Know
My Weakness I Feel I Must Finally Show

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Hunting - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM