the Rift

[OPEN] Armored soul
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I’m so tired of having to be strong day in and day out. Exhausted by worries, worries that came from having heavy responsibilities applied since a tender age. First, it had been the death of my parents, then Norse. Now Cera, Hototo, Ranjiri and Ktulu had all gone off—and I couldn’t find them. I just wanted my family close to me, I longed for everything about them—their touch, smell. This was the only place I felt safe enough to surrender my guard, let all those worries and troubles fly to the arms of those who held a stronger countenance. A leader didn’t question, a leader didn’t flinch.

Perhaps I wasn’t ready to lead.

Since I’d returned from the timeless abbess, a dark fear has been gnawing at my soul—a threatening presence that jests with the notion that would have me abandoned and dead. A fear of being drawn back into that soulless world; a fear that in exchange for my return—a family had paid the price. Had Cera and the rest been pulled away by that dark place in payment? For weeks now I had been asking, praying for strength and understanding. Praying for safety.

I prayed for them now, either for deliverance, in exchange for whatever would be asked as payment; or an assurance that they are at the very least—alive. Bargains likely wouldn’t be struck, not with celestial…but I was desperate to know the truth.

Despite the veins being shattered beyond recognition, this was still a magical place. A place once that every great while was actually closer to heaven then the tallest precipice. Perhaps it was because of the memories this soil held, of a time when life had seemed blissful—Ma would drag me along (quite willingly.) Remind me how to pray; I’d been a little afraid of the grand stones and their symbols my first time upon this rock.

Earth…he was felt long before I could have seen his face. The trust and compassion of child toward father was unmistakable. Despite the boons of other celestial creatures, this was the headstone I returned to—HE was like the potter to clay. Shaping, bending. Body knelt, and while I didn’t expect to actually see him, my prayer of thanks went up regardless for the merciful peace that soothed.

The ground shifted, swaying slightly beneath me. One foreleg slipped ahead to steady my frame, I rose slowly and by the time stature had risen. He was before me. There isn’t an explanation that words would justify of the innumerable amount of joy that is felt upon seeing his face again. My head fell respectfully forward and for reasons untold the heart quickened toward a rapid pace. If Earth had arrive, then were my fears realized?

“Midas. It pleases me to see you, and yet not in this state. You seem troubled, my son…”

No omen of ill news. Thankfully I dared a glance up and smiled just a little. Pressing forward I gently reached out as a foal did to their Ma or Da, craving physical impression upon those valued above all else. He could speak, and I do. Become anything that was asked, even the thing that would be hated. His frame is massive, nay not only massive, solid. Like the face of a mountain. Fina stirred within my feathers, but did not awaken.

"I've missed ye... thank ye a thousand times over for mercy, and returning."

This was the first I had actually gotten to talk to him since he had counseled my heart over vengeance. “Father, many things have happened. Things that…” I broke off to steady my words so that they might not quiver, “break my heart....” I began, “Cera and Ranjiri, her mother Ktulu—has vanished.” Tentatively I add softly, “Hototo has been absent as well. Please, are they living, are they well?” Earnest, but fearful of the response I added quickly without thinking, “Before the sun returned I was pulled into a strange world full of…pools…when I escaped back into Helovia they had vanished. Did they get swallowed as payment for my return?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Armored soul - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM