the Rift

[OPEN] Armored soul

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

As Midas reached towards the God, his feathered limb rose - moving over Midas' as back, as if to shelter him from some invisible rain. Gently, the earthen-toned feathers gently touched upon Midas, though were careful not to disturb his sleeping companion. In pained the God to be only able to offer this semblance of comfort, especially knowing that there was so much more he could do, to soothe Midas' mind. He could bring him an army of the Earth, to protect the Throat and set the new commander's mind at ease. He could create a haven for his family - indeed he knew where they all were. He could simply scoop them up, and deliver them unto Midas but...With a sigh, the God removed his wing, placing it once again at his side. Alas, these are the woes of a father. He could not simply give Midas all that would calm his heart, mind, and soul, even if he wished to. Midas' strength, both of character and resolve, was something the God could see quite clearly - but could Midas see it?

"I too am glad to have returned. Where my siblings and I had to go was not..." The God's bearded visage crinkled for a moment - as if some foul smell had suddenly entered his nostrils. Snorting, his horned head shook to dissolve the memory. "...not pleasant, shall we say. But that time has ended."

Pausing, the God studied Midas' face carefully. Ktulu, a mare who had lead the Grey in his herdland, seemed an odd match for the painted stallion. They were so alike and yet...opposites were said to attract. Still, the God wasn't sure. His contemplative attitude about the pair was increased as he gently probed Midas' mind, internalizing the last meeting between the two, and the length of time since they had last been together. With an internal grumble, the God sighed, his loving gaze closing briefly.

"Ktulu left the Foothills. Her sister left a short time before, and Ktulu, and another stallion, followed a time after. Ranjiri stayed within the Foothills, but has recently left. They are uninjured, but as they no longer reside in my lands, my knowledge of them wanes. I fear that their distance from you might have more to do with...mortal considerations, than any Godly action." He concluded, his dark tail flicking slightly. It pained him to suggest to the paint that his family's removal might be due to an emotional dissatisfaction, rather than a supernatural intervention, but the God would not sugar coat what little he knew of Ktulu and Ranjiri's whereabouts. "Young Cera on the other-hand...does not seem to be injured, though nor can I place him amongst the lands under my control. My brother, God of the Throat, might know better than I."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Armored soul - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM