the Rift

[OPEN] (closed) This is where I found you...

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 33lf0ao.png]

I don’t understand my behavior
This knife is my savior
My only wish is to be heard
I just don’t care anymore
One day I’ll settle the score with myself

I listen to the mare as she explains her birdy friend. And after my next question I catch the mare’s expression. Something about her gives me an air of displeasure. What have I done to be unpleasant? Maybe she’s just one of those mares that suffer from those mood swings mares so often have. Whatever the reason, I don’t really care. My mind is far too focused on the odd bird that stares me down just as much as I stare at him. Quite an interesting creature, and I wonder why in the world it doesn’t just fly off and mind it’s own business.

Then the mare speaks again. My gaze turns back to her. They are bound? I have no idea what that means and then she asks a question, and I notice her smile. What is there to smile about? Do I smile back? I’m in a better mood than usual, so I offer her my attempt at a smile back, but with the scar I probably look like some monster wanting to devour her and her little bird companion.

“No, I can’t say I’m familiar with the concepts of companions.” I say breaking my long silence, “I am still relatively new to Helovia so I’m learning the land slowly.” My tone lacks the apathy it once held, but I find my tone isn’t cordial and warm either. My voice is incapable of being soft and gentle, like all of me, it’s been hardened by years of darkness. Part of me wonders why this mare can be so welcoming to a stranger, especially if her lackof one wing is related to an accident caused by someone. I have all of my appendages and I don’t let anyone get within fifteen feet of me unless I know for a fact I’m stronger than them, like this mare for instance. This mare is a perfect example, if she proves to be a threat I am confident in my abilities, even if she is larger than me.

It takes me a moment to realize she gives me her name, and proceeds to ask my name. For a long moment I contemplate whether I should give out my name so freely, but then I decide there is no real power behind knowing my name. I am no one of importance within this land so its not like she can use my name against me.

“I am Vulture,” I say. Part of me wonders what in the world an Africa is, but I guess that doesn’t really matter that much, it’s just a name. Not everyone’s name needs to be after something specific. “Do you live here in this forest?” I feel like this mare may be seeking conversation, and I figure I can give her what she wants, while I weasel information from her about this land. Despite the fact I’ve been living here for close to a season I have yet to figure out complete details about what sort of herds and inhabitants are in this strange land of Helovia.

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
(closed) This is where I found you... - by Africa - 10-30-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: [any] This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 12-04-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM