the Rift

[OPEN] (closed) This is where I found you...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

Long black lashes did flutter together with a tranquil innocence as she watched and considered her brooding company. There was behind them though, lurking and rippling across the surface of glistening fawn pools, great awareness and knowledge- perhaps more so than suited her youthful age. She had been an adventurer, a foolish one at that, and the murky grey puddles strewn all over the tight canvas of her hide were marred with clean, raw scar spatters, and streaks- all which she had not quite deserved. So too was the empty sag of skin across a pointless shoulder-socket a reminder that perhaps the true worth of a character lurked far beneath their skin.

The sudden shrill chime of a bird above their heads attracted Africa’s attention, and her eyes peeled from the stallion to find the feathered creature’s roots in the vast, thick canopy above. Scanning the rich array of emerald foliage without success she returned her focus squarely upon Vulture. Silas sounded something alike to an unsettled growl from the new closer branch he had slipped over to, unsatisfied with the lack of banter; the missing connection between his beloved and the Unicorn.

Even as the horned horse revealed the unfamiliar title of his herd- a name she thought described her oasis beautifully also, Africa found herself shrugging autonomously, at the shallow, almost one-sided nature of their fast failing conversation.

With a gentle nudging voice she threw into its midst one final attempt to rouse more significant interest from the indifferent, apparently aloof stallion. “Silas and I are searching for a Basilisk." She began with two tolerant flicks of her long crimson and black tail. “You haven’t seen her have you- or well, noticed the trail one might have left behind?" Another giggle slipped through just parted lips, soft and sweet. The young mare remembered the rule that one’s eyes should never fix upon the form of such a creature. She had not witnessed the product of that mistake personally- the company who had shared that adventure all those moons ago had been wise and careful.

The reason for this journey was news to Silas and his head turned towards the dappled mare with a critical, narrowed glare. So much care did he take, tending to the safety of his beloved, that the idea of her thrusting herself into harm’s way did not automatically rouse his appeal.

credits

Messages In This Thread
(closed) This is where I found you... - by Africa - 10-30-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 12-04-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM