the Rift

[OPEN] (closed) This is where I found you...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

She tried not to take offence. The words which slipped so effortlessly from the bland-natured, strange stallion’s lips sliced through politely attuned, forward tilted ears and sank like molten lava into the optimistic throb of Africa’s young and sensitive heart. She clenched her teeth and swallowed hard, forcing the smile to sit in place across her facade as unaffected as she could manage. Unfortunately, the dappled mare was quite transparent; her nature overly forthcoming and generous, and so her pale eyes glassed instantly with bemused discomposure.

“No pain, no gain…” She mumbled beneath her breath- it was something she had heard many times but hadn’t actually applied it to herself at all; eying him cautiously though still his indifference offered little guide into the apparently distorted recesses of his unpleasant mind. Quickly the young grey reassured herself that the Basilisk, her endeavour and all that had occurred in-between had been quite marvellous and that the benefit from her experience far outweighed the loss, should she never have thrown herself into it. He sneered coldly and Africa snorted disconcertedly at the sudden shift in his composure- the nasty streak which had surfaced and slapped her across the face.

Vulture began to move; to twitch and switch his weight, and Africa’s ears leaned backwards to rest atop the tangles of her unruly, oily mane. Already she could see that his attention was lost, and she thought promptly that it was for the better. The lacking information about him she had been given (compared to the bountiful graced to him), the prickliness and unstable disposition, was enough to sour the image of his memory in her mind. Her tail flicked with irritation across the flexing pinch of her hocks as he addressed her finally, his tone almost feeling condescending as she received it resentfully. Africa could not agree- no matter how sarcastic the comment had been meant.

Perhaps she would think twice about stopping for the sake of strangers from now on. There seemed to be a higher population of arrogant, aggressive clowns roaming these days… As he turned without so much as a flinch of his dark canvased rump, Africa did also, though the desire to find her fairy-tale creature had turned somewhat sour. Instead she turned south the way she had come, and she and Silas headed for home.

Messages In This Thread
(closed) This is where I found you... - by Africa - 10-30-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 12-04-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM