the Rift

my mother told me i had a chameleon soul*

Ilacta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Reeeeeep!

Her head twists upon her neck, ears focusing in on the sound. She hears it again, and moves. Unlike most, her wings move with her at the shoulder; up, down, slightly out, slightly in. Her muscles bulged enormously there, strong from years of carrying this pair of hawk-wings on her finch-body. She would bumble along like, well, a walking bird if she were to carry them relaxed in hulking-heaps at her side. That was never okay because, as everyone knows, a walking bird does not exactly look steady and strong and graceful and fearless. They look weak and vulnerable, and any pegasus knows that--although magnificent--they instantly become prey as soon as their hooves hit the dirt.

But then again, that is why they have wings, after all. So perhaps she is not as vulnerable as she thinks...though, in any case, she is not walking at a leisurely pace anymore. The steps behind her are unnerving, to say the least, and she is almost to the safety of the shadows when:

”Hello!”

She stops, turning to face the stranger and jutting her wings up into the air all in the same smooth motion, instantly looking five times bigger than she had moments before. She was like a cat, per say, puffing up in hopes of not being ruined by someone else’s claws.

But, as her eyes met that of the bird and it’s wielder, it was clear that she was in no danger.

Her wings slip back to her ribs.

”Hello there,” she replies, her voice deep and sharp and feminine all at once. Relief flooded her features, and in this moment she was okay with this. This genuine friendliness. Something so foreign to her...

“I apologize, I’m a bit on edge...” she says, subtly gesturing the tips of her feathers in reference to the wings that stood feet above her head mere moments ago. “Do you live here? Is it safe?”

The questions poured from her blue-black lips in quick succession, and the silence that followed after did all but make her seem confident and calm. She was wary, for the first time in her life, and there was no hiding it.

Ilacta *
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north,
no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean...
WANDERING // NO RANK // NO ACCOLADES

Messages In This Thread
my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 10-30-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM