the Rift

my mother told me i had a chameleon soul*

Ilacta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

In any other chapter of her life prior to the one she had just opened mere moments ago, she would have not even bothered standing here while they congregated around her. It was something she wouldn’t have had the patience for--though where she’d lived, there were multiple liaisons from multiple places all vying for you to ‘go with them’ without any history of you, or your past. It would be unlikely that anyone would have patience for that. The whole thing was all so un-genuine and all about moving up the chain for those courting you, and while she couldn’t drag anyone for that, it was the one area where she’d always felt some sort of true desire to protect and house someone was needed.

Even now, she found herself wondering ‘who has time for this’ while Levi dutifully filled her questions with an answer, and then some. She could plainly see the truth on his face and in Africa’s eyes, but the old her still tugged her by the ear, threatening to drag her down and away from all of this.

“Ilacta,” she replies, calmly, kindly, as though her mind had not been racing from thought to thought the entire time they were speaking to her.

“Yes, yes...I’ll go,” her eyes flit to Levi, then to Africa, her voice steady and sure. “I’m more than sure I will find my purpose in your home within the week.”

The bulbous-waves of her tail separate in the air as it flicks against her lean legs, her ears flitting back momentarily as she readjusts her wings, preparing for flight. Her mane falls in thick chunks from the disc-shaped feathers at their base, returning to her neck in clingy, blackest-black-waves that give her an eery, ethereal appearance.

“Africa, if you don’t mind...” she says apologetically, offering the one-winged mare her best thankful smile before gesturing to Levi with her head, spreading her wings, and floating into the air with one swift flap.

Ilacta *
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north,
no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean...
WANDERING // NO RANK // NO ACCOLADES

[This thread can be concluded if you guys like :) I will make a post in DT soon!]

Messages In This Thread
my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 10-30-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM