the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wake

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik the Engineer

Ulrik stood with a pained smile on his face, which on his features, looked to be more of a smirk. Legitimate emotion was difficult to show, but he was at least pleased that Torleik did not immediately spit in disdain at their relation. He struggled to wade through the emotions of having family here, and after too long of treading the tumultuous waters, he simply floated. The engineer had to admit that even in his own, mad mind, having family was good. The fact that Torleik was here now showed that he too had left the brutal, warring ways of their clans. Right? Torleik was definitely more of a brute than himself, as he had challenged Ulrik to this bloody battle, but he could not hold that against the viking.

Torleik had fought for what he believed to be right, and even Ulrik could understand that desire. However, in the event that he wanted a change, Ulrik would just set a trap and lure them into it while laughing maniacally. At least in this way, the cousins balanced each other out.

When his cousin approached, wrapping his thick, muscular neck around his, Ulrik stiffened, confused by the contact. Affection had never been a good thing in his upbringing and as such this embrace confused the engineer. Still, he did not move and opened his mouth as if to speak but no words came to mind. Ulrik felt the pain of having his bruises pressed on and inhaled the masculine and bloody scent of Torleik's braided mane. Somewhere in the back of his mind, a voice told him that he should be comforted by the embrace of family, but the mad scientist was confused. Not to say that the touch was bad, just... odd.

Parroting the actions of Torleik so as not to be a complete social idiot, Ulrik pressed his nose lightly to his cousin's neck before stepping back, bronze eyes looking thoroughly lost. The stallion shifted his weight onto one hip a little awkwardly and cleared his throat, looking down at the bleeding damage to his own, jet-black coat. "I should probably clean these out," he mumbled, walking to the springs to cleanse the wounds. Ulrik blinked trying to muddle through his feelings still.

But, he had family here now. And Torleik cared for him. This was surprising. He was... just...

Well, he had...

Nothing.

"I am glad that you are my cousin," he stumbled through the vocalization finally. Those words of admittance to Torleik were very new and very strange to Ulrik. Rarely did he talk of feelings and even more rarely did he speak of them positively. Torleik meant something to the Engineer, and that was a miracle.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Nikkayla

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Wake - by Torleik - 10-31-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: Wake - by Ulrik - 11-27-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Wake - by Torleik - 12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: Wake - by Ulrik - 03-26-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: Wake - by Torleik - 04-08-2014, 04:52 PM