the Rift

[OPEN] ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Blessed be the magic gifted to me through birthright, that allowed me to go as I pleased throughout the lands I called home. As much as I had come to appreciate the Foothills and the ones who remained there, my heart would never allow me to stay in that bittersweet place for long. If my memory served, I had never been along the sandy beaches of the west, but found myself interested to look across the vast expanse of blue and see if the change of atmosphere would help me to relax at all.

Appearing near the coast, I walked a short distance until the stalwart smell of the ocean hit my nose like a ton of bricks. It reminded me instantly of my birth land of the World's Edge, which I otherwise remembered very little of. Picking up my pace into a lengthy trot, I made my way through the thinning trees and eventually found my hooves sliding and grinding against a sandy floor. The sensation was foreign against my frogs, but I found myself eager and excited to be in a new place. If only a little, it was enough to dull my forlorn demeanor for now.

Once the ocean was in clear view, I made haste to its shore before coming to a halt to inspect the foamy water spat upon it. The smell was pungent and caused my lips to curl briefly, and I couldn't even imagine trying to taste it, fearful that it would be even more foul in my mouth than within my nostrils. Though I had turned my nose up at wetting my tongue, I did take pleasure in stepping foot into the shallow spittle of the ocean where it only reached to the middle of my cannons at the highest wave. The water still held a chill from the night, but before long the sun would be high in the sky and more than enough to dry me in impressive time. With a toss of my head and a shove of my hooves against the giving ground, I was off in a canter along the shoreline.

Not but a few minutes into my carefree jaunt, a dark figure up ahead caught my eye and stole away my attention. Their eyes couldn't be seen from where I stood, but their posture suggested something that was all too familiar to me. Slowing myself and moving to the left, I removed myself from the ocean's embrace and gave a rough shake of my body before resuming my approach. With steps calm and pupiless gaze as genuine as they could be, I spoke up, giving the winged one a warning to my presence if she hadn't already caught on. "Hello!" I called out, my voice much more buoyant than I truly felt deep down within my soul.

Stopping only when I was within a few yards of the other, I observed her briefly, noting her shorter stature and the various, colorful feathers woven into her mane. The blue etched across her dark body gave her a striking appearance, but these things all mattered very little at the moment. This time when I spoke, my voice had dropped to something softer, and I could only hope she wouldn't reprimand me for what might be falsely perceived as nosiness. I was merely, genuinely concerned. "You look... defeated, miss. Are you alright?"

"talk."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Ampere - 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Mesec - 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM