the Rift

[OPEN] ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Listening intently to the answer that the Pegasus had to offer, there was little I could manage in response. It was nearly too much to take in at once, for it was all too right, too real, too true.

At that moment, it felt as though there was a tremor in my chest, a terrible, wrenching feeling I could only recall feeling once before. It had been months ago, when Aviya and I had gotten into that horrible argument that eventually drove me away from the Basin, leaving my one and only sister behind with her horn literally in the dirt. As I had flown away and headed deeper into the frosty Steppe, tears stung my eyes and imaginary claws threatened to rip my heart open with primal force. Leaving my family behind had easily been the most difficult decision of my short life, and without them... what did I fight for? The Foothills was my home now, but did they really hold my heart the way that Mother did, or even my estranged family?

Realizing that I had grown quiet for far too long, I brought myself back to the current with a quick, closing squeeze of my eyes before adjusting my gaze back out across the endless ocean. My long silence had probably elicited an apology, but I feared it would only ruin this heartfelt moment we had managed to create. Inhaling slowly to wash away the brunt of emotion that had stirred within me, I grasped the calm and steady voice I like to think I'd mastered and looked back to Ampere, my expression as genuine as my words.

"And what do you fight for, miss? Who is your enemy?" Came my inquiry, to which I hoped she wouldn't mind or think I was being too nosy. Judging by the little laugh that came from her lips that really wasn't even a laugh at all, I knew that there had to be more behind her words. I yearned to know, but we were barely even acquaintances if that. I didn't know her name, nor she mine, after all. Mustering a gentle smile, I almost felt embarrassed at my sudden realization. Uncertain whether she even cared to hear, I opened my mouth again. "My name is Mesec, by the way. And everything you've said, it... it's hauntingly true. I suppose that in terms of the ocean and the shore, only a third party will be able to stop their war. Maybe they, too, can have their peace some day."

"talk."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Ampere - 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Mesec - 11-14-2013, 09:48 PM