the Rift

[OPEN] ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

Sand shifted underfoot as Ampere's body slumped from one side to another, a back leg cocking to the side and resting casually on her toe; she was settling in for a comfortable conversation. Salt tickled the corners of her nose as the sea squalls by occasionally, passing under her mane so the black fibers drifted across her neck before laying flat once more. The touch felt serene, particularly combined with the warm embrace of the climbing sun that her black hide so eagerly absorbed.

Ampere's sorrow began to slip away into a peaceful calm. For once she felt at rest in body and soul.

Blue flicked back over her shoulder to look upon the stormy steed. She had him to thank for this moment. He'd never know exactly how much it meant - she only hoped he found something of equal worth in it for himself.
Mesec's question hung on the air between her ears, one of which flicked back in thought. She took a moment to reply, her gaze seemed to sober while her mind probed for a careful way to answer. She did not guard her tongue to keep from telling him the truth, but to be certain she explained all parts of it. He may have thought it was a simple thing to ask, but Ampere had a habit of complicating everything.
She liked to think of it more as, complex.

"You'll laugh at me and call me a fool," she joked after a moment of quiet, a brightness sparking in her eyes as a more genuine giggle vibrated from her chest. She was half serious though, but she wouldn't mind his mirth, she laughed at herself often enough, it never stopped her and his wouldn't either. As her lips came back together the humor seemed to be severed, the spark dulling from her gaze as the blue held his silver. "Injustice. That's my enemy..." She glanced back out to the sea, unable to hold his stare in case his face should break into a mocking grin. "There's nothing worse to me than losing freedom, it's the only gift we're ever given. So I fight to return it to anyone who has lost it. I fight for those too weak to manage it themselves. There's so many more out there than you might think... so many who have subjected others, unnecessarily, to deception, cruelty, imprisonment..." Ampere let her voice trail off, a shudder passing through her a strong breeze whipped past, her feathers humming with the motion.
"It sounds very stupid doesn't it?" she laughed lightly, her head turning back around to look upon him. "Saying something like that, I might as well be fighting the ocean."

Yet, Ampere wasn't embarrassed. She understood the gravity of her comment, her decision, her actions. She, like the shore, knew the waves would eternally roll forward,but it it wasn't for the shore holding back the sea we'd all be drowning. She had to stand up for her beliefs. Thinking of the impossibility of it gave her courage; the only other option was to be disheartened.

Mesec's voice cut through whatever turmoil was budding in her chest, wiping away whatever she felt or thought she ought to feel based on her choices. It returned the smile to her lips. "You think so?" she asked, referring both to his agreement with her and his idealization of the world eventually finding peace. She didn't think the last part would ever happen, no matter how many got involved in the war. She had never seen peace to know enough about it though, so maybe he was right. "Hold onto that belief, you just might change the world with it, someday." She pivoted to face him more fully, the endless war being jostled behind her back. "I'm Ampere."

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Ampere - 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Ampere - 11-16-2013, 05:00 PM