the Rift

[OPEN] Come Forth All Ye Madmen

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

The Blood Empress

Moving with the skill and grace of a hunter was never an easy feat. The Blood Empress managed it, her elegant strides crossed through the Marsh. Rippling down through the trees, the sunlight warmed her back. The warmth penetrated through her flesh, working it's way right down to the blood that rushed around her steady beating heart. Blood and hearts, the one thing that made Gods and Goddess mortal like others. Could you kill a god? Yes. However it would not be easy, the effort it took would claim your life's blood as well. Cool wet mud slashes up onto her legs, the chill from it's contact was soothing. The mad rushing thoughts of Eris found themselves relaxed and slowed by the cold that now gripped to her legs. The vermillion goddess paused not waiting to be in a rush, 'if you rush while living, life will rush past you.' It was so true, but what was the sound that filled her ears now? Fresh blood? No, surely no fool would dare venture into this part of the wilds. Putting her nose to the air, the Queen of the mad men inhaled the new scent. It was not from one of her own...this scent was game that could and would be hunted.

A voice rang out and filled the heavens with sound. The normally quiet Marsh would not sleep today. No, the waters would be filled with fresh blood. As quick as a bullet leaving a gun, the mare was off. The cat began to hunt the squeaking mouse. What a joy it was to finally be back in the hunting game. The Empress had missed it sorely. Power surged through her tiny limbs, power that with years of training saw her though the toughest of times. Her speckled hide did little to help her golden coat blend in with the Marsh. The blood that coloured her hair, rippled down her back and flared out behind her. To one the caught a glimpse of her, well they would think she looked like death of christmas morning. The ugly smile that smeared her chops was on display for the whole world to see. Surely by now it was known that you respected the boundaries of the Marsh, Helovia's occupants must know of the mad the lived her. Most of all they must know of The Queen of the mad, The Blood Empress, The Vermillion Goddess. For Eris did not lead her people with a tender foot, the mad mare was not afraid to spill a little blood. This was the way that Eris had been raised after all. Never letting others doubt her for a second, trained to have no weakness. Only that had failed. Sometimes The Empress knew that she had done wrong.

Quickly the scent grew stronger, it was not long until the mare had found her prey, quickly The Goddess of chaos examined his appearance. The red horn that protruded from his scalp proclaimed him as a unicorn, Eris cares naught for this. Race did not matter to her and besides, her own Dragon Bone crown was more glorious than any simple horn. His light blue eyes were little to no match for her own sea eyes, proudly Eris held her head higher. His mane was a greying colour giving the black bodied stallion the most odd look. It was the same in regards to his thin and short tail. Nothing compared the the Goddess' tattered locks of hair. Not doubt this stallion had his own taste of blood though, whether it had been his own or anthers, Eris did not care. A jagged scar over his right eye, made Eris wonder how he had not lost the eye. The scar extended to the bottom of his face. The golden mare smiled at it, for now she knew this stallion was only a mortal. His red marking on his rump was interesting enough, however Eris found no real reason to be interested in this intruder. Knowing it would be best to just get rid of him, the mare decided to play a little with him first. It was always fun to...destroy one who thought they stood a chance. They would think that she was all threats and no action.

Oh how wrong they were.

"I do not have the grace you wished for..." Her voice is a whisper of death, dark and dangerous. "But I do not see one of my own kind." Now a taunting edge had been added to the voice of this stag's Queen. "For all I see before me is a stallion still trying to prove he is not a boy." The tone he used to call out her family annoyed her. Sarcasm had laced his tones, he was mocking them. Eris would not stand for it, everything else about the stallion annoyed her as well. His stance, the lazy way her had raised his voice. They were not here for his amusement. Eris did not care the finest bit who he was or who had invited him to meet her family. If so much as one scrape of disrespect sounded in his voice again, making them out to be clowns of the circus, Eris would happily tear him from limb to limb. It was past time she was allowed to taste some fresh blood, she hardly remembered what the power fuelled by iron tasted like. No doubt soon she would remember. "You are a fool, you know nothing of the mad men you summon."

Eyes still cold Eris watched the stag. "One more ill word from you and I'll call my dog." A few giggles tumbled from her lips. "She'll help clean up what's left of you when I'm done." Rather she would help kill him be Eris did not want to seem weak. Her dog would be happy to assist after all, no matter what words had been spoken before her arrival. Her dog was a ruthless killer...someone that made Eris seem perfectly normal.

Histe.

" "
1007 words.
It's late, sorry about the mistakes, I'll edit in the morning.
And Welcome to The Asylum! <3

One day you will,
Learn to love me,
One day you will,
Thank me, you'll see,
If I can't have you.
No one can

Messages In This Thread
Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Vulture - 11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Eris_ - 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Eris_ - 11-16-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Arlo - 11-03-2013, 02:47 PM