the Rift

[OPEN] Come Forth All Ye Madmen

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

I was returning home. I finally felt I had enough control over the abhorrents to again enter the vipers nest. But of course, there was no way I could tell if I really had control until the said vipers were spitting their venom at me. So, back into the depths of the marsh I travelled, keeping my eyes peeled for any of the crazies lurking in the darkness. I would rather they didn’t sneak up on me, at least then I had a small window of time in which to prepare for the onslaught of daemons battering my carcass, desperate to be let loose. Trailing my way through the mud, trying not to slip into the swirling mass of water and death below, I cursed that we had chosen this god forsaken place in which to dwell. Admittedly of course, it was the perfect home for the clutch of the crazies, but we were in constant danger of being dragged unwittingly into the depths, never to be seen again.

I was thrown from my pondering as my hind leg slipped slight from beneath me and dangled for merely a second in the unholy water, but it was a second too long. A soul had wrapped its bony clutches and was trying to claw me under. I flung my hind leg frantically trying to yank it free. After several swift kicks the soul was sent flying across the water and landed several feet away with a satisfying plop. I was already regretting my decision to return to my so called home. It was like a deathwish waiting to happen. The more I lingered here, the closer I came to death, or perhaps worse, giving my consciousness away to the abhorrents. I cursed under my breath. This was ridiculous, all I wanted was a normal life, with a home that didn’t want to kill me or suck my soul from my very carcass. I just didn’t know how to change it; it wasn’t like they would let me leave. I shuddered at thought of being hunted down like a dog by Histe. The daemons might be able to handle the brindle bitch, but I certainly couldn’t. There was no way I wanted my entrails round her neck, as she promised the abhorrents. No, for now the Asylum would have to be my family, and perhaps one day they might grant me my leave.

It was only a few minutes before I got my first clue as to where I could find some of my questionable family. I could hear the sarcastic, dulcet harmonies of the vermillion commander, and those of one that I had not heard before. No doubt they were yet another recruit with a fatal flaw. Time to put my level of control to the test, pushing forwards, I made my way, slight bedraggled from my encounter with the marsh ghoul towards the one I called my leader.

I entered the scene just as Eris was threatening to call Histe to heel. I shuddered in distaste; I don’t think I could have coped with an encounter with her just now. I could only hope that this newcomer quickly realised their error and checked themselves. If not, I would be out of here, sharpish, before she slunk her way from the shadows, licking her lips at thought of a meal. But, Eris and this stranger I could cope with. I decided to make my presence known.

“Come now Eris, I would call Histe a dog, I’d say more rabid bitch?” Chuckling away to myself, pretending to be perfectly in control. “Greetings stranger. I am Arlo, pleasures all mine, I’m sure.” I rumbled. “I’d be careful of your next move. Nobody wants to meet Histe, here of all places..”

" "
Fugue
628 words.
@[Vulture]&&@[Eris]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Vulture - 11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Eris_ - 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Eris_ - 11-16-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Arlo - 11-03-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Histe - 11-03-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Vulture - 11-03-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: Come Forth All Ye Madmen - by Seiren - 11-04-2013, 04:36 PM