the Rift

A nonsensical Journey open

Luz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A bird! A dragon! A pegasus. Wait... it was a pegasus. And coming right at her!

Hi. Such an interesting word really. How much could be conveyed in such a two letter word. A greeting normally but perhaps with the right body stance -posture was everything- and of course the right tone and inflection it could even be considered goodbye. But then again that was a stretch. Perhaps she wshould test this theory. She had a candidate and he did start it after all.

Finally moving her ever twitching muscles seemed to awaken, moving with aggitation. A living thing seemed to come alive in her transforming her making her seem to flutter without actually moving. The deep blackness of her eyes moved ever so slowly to the young pegasus before her. It might seem like she was being overly cautious, weighing in on the moment or perhaps contemplating the said Dusty before when in actuality the recesses of her mind were still stuck on hi. His name bore little consequence in comparison to your greeting. Something someone else tagged you with... no it was not important. Shaking her head, she snapped out of her reverie once again. Perhaps it was the way her eyes tended to wander while thinking or her body seemed to quiet momentarily but even though she drifted for only a moment she gave off every sign of having forgotten someone was there. Shifting back she zeroed in on the young one. Well time for her grand entrance she supposed. Ahem.

Siddling her weight around out of habit, she puffed up her chest and reached inside her for the most digusted tone she could think of. Her mother catching her sniffing a dead snake. That would do perfectly. She cocked her head and pinned her ears back not bothering about the hair in her face. Posture. Angry and hissing she opened her maw just to let slip the single word that had so captivated her attention.

Hi.

Followed by a cackling laugh.

It worked! Well did it work? She had done said a goodbye hi! But that wasn`t nice. In fact it was terribly rude. Dreadfully rude. Oh the poor dear must think the worst of her. Now she should fix that. She definitely would fix that. Could she fix that? Lowering her head she thought of prostrating herself on the ground at his feet. Too much? Yeah alittle. This time going for the much more gentile position, she cowered at the wrath she unleashed upon herself in her head. She seemed to peep instead of talk as she expelled her rush of apologies, hoping he would understand she was harmless.

"I'M SO SORRY. Please say you understand. See, I was thinking about trees and i thought I saw something in the sky but then I saw you and I wanted to talk to you, of course I did. But then you said hi and hi is such an interesting word and I just wanted to say goodbye but its okay because goodbye can be as nice ss hi that was my poooiiiiinnnnnnn...t."

To stop talking was a weak point for her. Kudos for trailing off but the ramble of words didn't seem to end. Until to her utter horror she realized she not only was starting to sound maniacal but that there was an eyewitness watching.

"Hi!"

The word escaped before she could stop it. Again. Ahh but perhaps maybe she should listen better, she had already lost one name maybe this time she could keep up. Dragon`s throat. Hmmm well interesting name choice. Perhaps all equines came with such strange names. And the colt beside her was named Skin carver. Those red eyes afterall. Well then she would have to change her name to fit in. Raven`s blood. The small creature on Dragon`s throats back gave her the idea. And blood just sounded dangerous and icky. Oh no. Now that the mare stopped talking she realized she had stopped listening. Must she go on like this? Now agonized she realized is she only got a name and a greeting andn ot from the same one. Maybe she could play it cool.

The overhead rays beat down on her causing the simultaneous reactions of sweating and sparkling. Not like glitter just a little extra golden. She turned her blackened head oh so slightly to the left, yearning for the excellent shady pot. Her enormous body seemed monstrous, at least to herself, as it trembeled and shook with the restraint it took to keep from moving. Luz nervously tossed her head around failing at subtely tossing her hair back away from her eyes. Her feet seemed to dance as she siddled around attempting to look smaller.

She would never fit in she thought dejectedly. Unless she could grow wings

Messages In This Thread
A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-03-2013, 04:55 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-04-2013, 03:10 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-06-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-07-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-23-2013, 09:41 AM