the Rift

A nonsensical Journey open

Luz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Luz stared at Nameless. Hard. Whatever his name was, something about him seemed to suddenly click in the mind of Luz. Did he just speak. About sunsets? In truth? He was admiring sunsets! This was wonderful, like finding a long lost friend she didn't even realize that she had lost. A fellow wandering whose love for the surrounding Earth could not be restricted by polite conversation. Completely unaware she had no idea what she nor he was talking about she burst forward unable to stop the flow of words from spilling.

"The trees do tremble at the sight of the pleasant shade. In eagerness they await their long lost friend each day."

Rather satisfied the leggy girl seemed to hop as she sidled her weight continuously back and forth. Yes, she was pleased with herself. She met a fellow Earth lover. She met a fellow prose lover. He focus now seemed much more intent on the younger Pegasus than it was before. As if entranced, her dark liquid eyes watched him nearly rapturously. A kindred spirit in an unlikely companion. Her mind practically soared at the thought. Maybe she really could grow wings and become more like him one day. It was a possibility, afterall no one ever told her that she couldn't grow wings.

And yet the other one interrupted. Would it be rude if she pretended not to hear? Would it be rude to ignore the soft caressing words? Her voice seemed to draw Luz's heady attention even as she fought against it. Her blackened ears flickered towards her and shot back as she forced her attention back to the Nameless one. But again and again that voice called to her, oh so alluring. The very patience this other one seemed to exude. Luz was trapped between her yearning to speak more on her favorite topic, trees or sit quietly and bask in the warmth of the Dragon's Throat mare's very voice. Quite unlike her mothers'. And with that thought, Luz lost the battle to focus on one thing. She head moved back and forth trying mightily to provide equal attention between her two companions, as to not seem rude to either. A difficult chore, Luz thought doggedly staring at each one in turn. Maybe this type of socializing wasn't her best. But then they were walking. Luz watched the mare put one step in front of the other as fear spurted through her providing her with a small adrenaline rush. Oh no. Walking. Not that she minded walking, she did love it. Her body seemed to be constant need of movement but it was the walking in front of others that made her tremble in fright. Oh lord. Dragon's Throat was walking and then she, of course, followed.And rather obediently too for someone was never seemed to be listening. Walking. Talking too? This was getting better and better. How should she manage this? Play it cool. Play it cool. The monologue seemed to go on forever, and low tune in her head. Walking, talking, play it cool.

The tall leggy girl actually seemed to suffer no difficulties with the walking as she predicted. No stage fright came out to grip her legs and hold them frozen. A miracle indeed and for that Luz sent a small thank you to whatever gods were watching over her in that moment. Big and ungainly her gangly legs seemed almost lopsided as her body attempted to walk and sidle her weight to the opposite time. Her big hooves never quite left the ground completely, for Luz had spent entirely too much time tripping over her own legs to remove them far from the ground below. Conditioned by time, her body and mind were obviously in separate stratospheres on coordination and control. And neither one seemed completely in control or even fight. Like her body wanted her mind to finally take control of the stumbling, clumsy body but her mind just expected her body to learn, which it didn't. Or at least hadn't yet. It was like a shell shocked cat, stumbling across the path. That's what came to mind for Luz whenever she pictured herself walking.

Carefully, oh so carefully trying to pick her way across the ground without actually moving her legs, she was in full concentration mode. Which mad her mind spin all the faster. So fast the words were forming and becoming lost within moments. Picking the first sentence she could grab onto she let spill her heart.

"I'm definitely not from here. Or around here. I actually would say I don't know where I am in honesty. I-mean-of-course-I-know-where-I-am. I-am-in-a-forest-with-you. That's-all-I-really-need-to-know-isn't-it? I-am-Luz. Luz-the....Well just Luz. But-trees. I-Love-the-trees-here! They-are-simply-amazing. My-ambition-in-life-is-to-find-the-prefect-shade-tree."

Luz spat all this out as fast as the very words would roll off of her tongue. They burst forth and fell on her own hears sounded desperately eager and a tad bit lame. Oh how ridiculous they must think her now! She didn't even take a breathe, just kept on and on about nothing really. As her mother would have said. Breath, my child. Feeling more than a little self conscious and much more deflated than when she began she peeped out softly.

"I love trees."

Swinging her head back over her shoulder, here yes searched out for her Nameless friend.

And she should have of course knew that was simply too many tasks at one time to be handled. As soon as her eyes moved from the ground in front of her she did in did trip. Her body hurtled forwards and rocked back before actually falling. Shuddering and gleaming with sweat she shook her head trying to catch herself and snap back into it, if there were such a thing. Oh no she did it again. Her eyes flicked back and forth. Perhaps, if lady lucky, were on her side then maybe they didn't really see all of that.

Sorry it took so long guys!!!!

Messages In This Thread
A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-03-2013, 04:55 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-04-2013, 03:10 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-06-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-07-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-23-2013, 09:41 AM