the Rift

[OPEN] There are monsters here.

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

& IF THE MEN IN WHITE COATS ARE COMING
I KNOW YOU WILL STILL BE THERE FOR ME
TO CHASE DOWN THE WOLVES AROUND US..

She had been waiting there, standing on the ground that she had once called her home for a while now. It gave her time to think, to try and figure out why Pysches scent was so weak on the borders of what should be her kingdom. As much as Giselle hoped that there was a simple explanation, it was slowly dawning on her that it wasn’t very likely. She had a feeling of dread sneaking up through her frame that something drastic had changed here. She wondered what she would choose. Whether to stand by her sister, to go forth alone to find her, to ensure family conquered all, or to stay within the Basin, where the numbers were strong, and glory was much more likely. She supposed it would all depend on where her sister was now, and what had transpired to push her from her throne. As little as she really cared for her sibling, Giselle still hoped that she was alive. If only to hunt her down and demand an explanation, an explanation as to why she had thrown away a seat of power that would have been so advantageous to their goal. The internal battle that was waging within her dial raged on, the decision wasn’t an easy one. Family or exaltation?

She paused in her inner dialogue as the notes of another approaching entered her nostrils. It was a strong, heady, testosterone heavy scent, one of a vaguely familiar stag. She shifted her position and stood up tall. Just because she might recognise this scent, one couldn’t be too careful, especially when she had no idea what state this herd was currently in. Finally, a obsidian hued form pulled itself from the shadows. As he approached she looked him over. He didn’t look one for small talk, he looked like he was better suited to staying in the shadows, it was the look in his eyes. One of slight annoyance in his duties, perhaps he had been forced to step up the political ladder further than he would have liked. There was something familiar about him, like she had possibly met him before, or perhaps it was just wishful thinking. So much had changed, that she wanted something to cling on to. She had thought she was returning to a sure thing after all, with Pysche still the Empress and for everything to have stood still in her absence.

His lyrics cut through the air like a knife, ice cold and stony, emotionless as he stated the facts and nothing more. Pysche had gone, just as she thought. Now all that was left was to decide how she was going to deal with this fact. Was family really all that important, or should she just cast her aside as the Basin seemed to have done? Or she should she be outraged for Pysche, turn on her tail and hunt her down? To set right the injustice, strong as the bonds of siblings? It was a difficult one, as Giselle as a rule didn’t see any need for companionship from others or forming any strong attachments. But the blood thing had never quite been set right in her mind, she could never quite understand if she owed her sister anything. To be selfless, or to be selfish? She guessed that was the very question of the moment. To make this choice, she needed more facts from this cold fish of a stag. “Greetings stranger. Pray, if you don’t mind, I would like to know what has happened to the Empress, my sister? Why is she no longer here? And if I am not prying, tell me, are you the one who has stepped up to her place?” She didn’t honestly care if he was the usurper, it wasn’t her to play around in the games of politics. It didn’t leave enough time to spill the blood of the un-pure..

" "
649 words.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
There are monsters here. - by Giselle - 11-03-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: There are monsters here. - by Deimos - 11-03-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: There are monsters here. - by Giselle - 11-03-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: There are monsters here. - by Deimos - 11-03-2013, 02:42 PM