the Rift

That Light in Your Eyes [Open]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
What was this feeling that kept on dragging me back toward this threshold? I wanted to inspect it, honestly, that was all. I wanted to understand why it was radiating a heartbeat so fast it created such a rapid thrumming sound in my cranium and lead to the creation of a headache. I allowed my lithe legs to stretch out as I covered the ground back to where the break of my bond with my red-tailed hawk had happened.

I was close, so close, but I had started to get hasty. My hooves snapping against one twig had me instantly dropping my haunches and allowing my hind flints to dig into the terrain and stop my barreling frame. How long had it been since I had been so careless? It had been too long. Still, I turned around and stood behind a group of trees and listened to the vibrations as they warped around my frame. Each little one swirling up my limbs and creating a thin image in my cranium. One shift of my weight and the vibrations appear again. The image is delicately painted before me as I allow my blind eyes to shift in the direction of the frame that stood not more than a group of trees to my left.

Should I approach? I suppose I should. Though, I had to admit the height he seemed to possess and the horn atop his skull was off-setting. Alas, entering the situation with tense muscles would do nothing to ease the stag. So, with a roll of her shoulders to release all tension from her frame she stepped from the trees, light bouncing off of their trunks from her hawk marking that was radiating off of her left haunch. And, upon her positioning in the sun the light dimmed a little, the white getting lost in the gorgeous gold rays. She basked in the sun for a moment, allowing her audits to twitch at the sound of the stream not too far off.

My blind eyes gazed in his direction, never managing to focus on his frame, as I dipped my head in greeting. "Hello, sir. Welcome to Helovia..." I allowed my soprano chords to trail off into the light breeze before the silky notes flickered back into existence, "I am Rasta, an Informant for the Dragon's Throat - one of the herd's here. I offer you my assistance, to whatever it is you require help with, whether it be knowledge, a home, or simply directions to a specific path."

And, with that I took a few steps back to ensure he had plenty of personal space and awaited his response. The wind swirled around my face, dragging loose tendrils of my locks into my face and around my legs. Would I gain another family member today? Or would I simply be able to aid yet another in their journey?

458 words
I usually write a lot more, but crunched for time.

Messages In This Thread
That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Capone - 11-03-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Rasta - 11-04-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Torleik - 11-04-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Cypress - 11-04-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Capone - 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Rasta - 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Cypress - 11-12-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: That Light in Your Eyes [Open] - by Torleik - 11-12-2013, 08:40 PM