the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

Chaos ensued. About the same time as Lace arrived at the gathering the patience of the chestnut girl appeared to have burned out - or at least her dragon wasn't about to take it anymore. Somewhat ruining the desired effect of his scolding the orange-scaled lizard let out a warning stream of searing hot fire, a much grander and vivid display than the smaller white's; it unleashed a strong response from the pegasus, and later once the commotion had died down the grullo had to admit that his initial 'greeting' only made things worse.

It all happened so quickly. A bolt of fire struck the ground, the black mare fell backwards from her interrupted attempt to leave the scene, the twig he had unleashed slapped her on the neck and then the place was alight with crackling, blinding electricity. Before the gold-backed stallion had a chance to react he saw how an orb of sparkling light bolted towards the newcomer and felt a searing, burning pain stab into the front of the chest as one of the stray coils of earthbound lightning connected with his own skin. It pushed him backwards, stumbling over roots and rocks, half from shock and surprise and half from the unexpected force of the seemingly harmless display of light; he felt the lungs sting, tried to gasp for breath but came up empty for the duration of about ten seconds.

It felt more like ten minutes. Coughing and wheezing as the temporary paralysis eased off he stared after the disappearing girl, blinking and hissing in discomfort. Fajira spun around in the air, blue eyes gleaming with rage over the thoughtlessness of the magical release, prepared to breathe a larger quantity of flame towards her disappearing tail.
"Leave it!" he cut in, out of breath even in his mind.
"But..!"
"Not worth it, let her go.."

A shaky breath sounded like a wheeze in the silence that followed upon the disappearance of the pegasus, and as Fajira hissed in disappointment and turned back to hover above the gathered horses Lace straightened himself up, worriedly noticing how the ache of the lungs didn't want to fade. He felt short of breath even as the pulse slowed down, and with a grimace he realized that the lightening mist have caused more damage than he had thought possible.

It took a while for him to regain some semblance of composure, even longer before he realized that he was being spoken to. Gilded eyes turned slowly to rest on the blazed mare, quietly regarding her as the weight of confused and wary looks from Kahlua and Brisa bore down on him - it felt almost physical, and he could have sworn that there was something accusatory in the painted crafter's eyes...
"Just imagination" the dragon tried to reassure, her wings beating hard to let her hover above his back for a while - concern for his well being apparent in every movement as she guarded the stallion.

"Who asks?" he insisted, not unkindly but not too keen on revealing too much about himself. It was shocking enough to find that someone from outside of Helovia recognized his name, even more so that they connected him to the forest realm of Isilme. Not likely to make him happy, the black-masked vagabond tried to place her, remember if he'd seen her before - he couldn't find her semblance anywhere in the murky depths of the mind, however, and decided that this was a riddle that had to be answered - the sooner the better.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
everything that downs me [open] - by Evangeline - 11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM