the Rift

[PRIVATE] So Empty it Hurts [Arlo]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

And so it was done. I had finally proved myself more worthy than the hellish beast that had threatened me on our very first introduction. I had come out on top, victorious. That wasn’t to say it hadn’t taken a massive toll on me too. I was broken and exhausted to the very bone, every joint and sinew of muscle fibre ached and screamed at me to collapse. But I couldn’t, not here; I had to make it to safety. Not that I could think of anywhere that I could be completely safe from predators in these lands. They seemed to lurk in every corner and up every tree. The only place that I could think of in my fatigued haze was the beach. If I could just make it there, if I could be given the chance to bathe my wounds in the stinging water of the ocean I might be able to actually survive long enough to be able to bask in my victory. The one thing that kept me trailing forwards was the thought of my blackened dove, and I was hoping beyond hope that I would find her standing there, staring out to Poseidon, like on that fateful day on which she had saved me, when she had pulled me from the water just with her very presence. She soothed my soul that day, and I could only hope she could soothe my tired bones and battered soul. I had to make it to her side; it was where I was meant to be.

As I trudged forward, I cast my thoughts back to the fight with the shaggy demon. Despite the hatred that surged through my veins as he launched his physical vendetta upon my carcass, I couldn’t help but feel that we were similar. Similar in the fact that we held darkness within ourselves and presented a mask to the world, one which hid the pain that resided within the very core of us. I found myself hoping that I hadn’t taken his final breath, if I had been found worthy of survival and a second chance, then it only stood to reason that so did he. I couldn’t help but wonder that perhaps our skirmish could help us to move forward, united in some small way. I didn’t want to harbour the disgust for him anymore, as far as I concerned he was my ally, we were both members of the unkindness of the crazies after all. We had to stick together, otherwise who knew what would happen. It’s not like we were well liked within this place. However, if he were to launch himself at me again, I wouldn’t be so forgiving a second time round.

Finally, the smell of salt entered into my nostrils. Almost immediately I relaxed, my breathing calmed and my heart slowed. My baby blues flicked this way and that, searching for my dove, scouring the surroundings for my darkened beauty, my black love. My heart fell a little, I couldn’t see her anywhere. I made my way to the ocean, preparing for the onslaught of pain as the salt hit my open, oozing wounds. I grimaced and winced, for the pain was almost worse than it had been when Oxy had opened my flesh in the first place.

I jumped as an almighty bellow came from behind me, a voice I could only recognize as that of whom I had just been pitting myself against, fighting for my life. And yet, he was calling for me, yet again. What was his problem? Couldn’t he just let me be? I was in no state to go at him yet again. I resentfully turned myself towards where his voice had boomed from and found him, only just within the reach of my sight, just as he swayed a little and crashed heavily to ground. I could only be relieved that he hadn’t decided he wanted a re-match. I wouldn’t have survived a second round against the massive beast. All that aside, I didn’t want him to die. I would have Seeles wrath to deal with after all.

I grunted, and started to make my way slowly over to him, grimacing as my wounds opened and closed with my swaying motion. It took me a while, but I finally found myself standing over him, peering at his chest to make sure he was still breathing. “Come now demon. Don’t make me save you on the same day that I beat you to a pulp. Get up and bathe your wounds in the water. “ I grunted. “I’m not worth dying for after all.” I reached forward to attempt to give him a hefty nudge in the chest. After all, I didn’t have the patience to nurse him right now..

" "
Fugue
799 words.
@[Oxy]
Sorry its taken me forever!!

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
So Empty it Hurts [Arlo] - by Oxy - 11-04-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: So Empty it Hurts [Arlo] - by Arlo - 12-07-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: So Empty it Hurts [Arlo] - by Oxy - 12-15-2013, 12:55 PM