the Rift

[OPEN] enlighten me

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade
But with the beast inside, there's no where we can hide

It's amazing that they actually get dumber.

d'Artagnan remarked to his bonded, his voice dull and uninspired down the concealed, metaphorical string tied to his hell dog that was ever so sensitive to raw emotion, or lack of it in this instance. The Nightshade was referring to the hornless travelling so close to the basin, he knew this one had been before, so what did he want? Not that it should matter to him any more, d'Artagnan was no longer a vip, but loyalty had planted it's roots deep and there was still a large part of him that demanded to know why this heathen thought it necessary to dither on what once were his borders. If one was to be highly critical, the Steppe did not belong to the unicorns, but the Doctor cared not for intricate formalities and being in the gaze of this blockhead highly offended him. Eyeing the equine, he wondered if a sharp prod near the more exotic parts would remove the unsightly stud from his path, but then there was the problem of the dragon and the whole idea became suddenly bothersome. The familiar presence of Aramis touched his mind then, a faint rolling of amusement touching the murder's senses if I may be so bold Sir, perhaps they're just not scared of you anymore. d'Artagnan's gaze sharpened into silent outrage at the thought and he snorted rather loudly, not really caring for his audience. In future you may not be so bold. The shade retorted and then proceeded to look offended over the whole matter, which only increased his bonded's amusement.

Contrastive eyes returned to his fellow comrade in arms, for monster slaying that was, with a gaze that narrowed as crimson lobes quivered to hear the words cascade from his cobwebbed companion's steel lips. To the Nightshade's surprise the response was rather... tame. A trip to cool down was his only reason for drifting into dangerous land? Strange; but then again weren't all bare heads enigma's?

The Nightshade remained quiet for the rest of the dribble and shook his head when the the familiar, nameless sap stopped talking. "What a boring world you speak of." His own greying lips had turned into a grimace as he wondered if the lack of horn made them more... Soft brained? "Do you get taught this crap from birth?" His voice turned into dull disbelief, the grimace remaining, but his eyes were deadly serious. "Always the same sad eyes too, like you have anything to be so sad about." The last words d'Artagnan spat out, disgust finally making its way onto his features. The shade had never been known for his concealment ability, everything you wanted to know you could read from his face.

Lastly he noticed the filly, she looked slightly older than his two missing sons, a proud crown atop her head, but the novelty was blemished by what grew from her sides. Yet, even though he despised her from the start, Mesec was all that came to mind when he watched this filly. All his failures in one, simple picture. His gaze cast downwards and a long, drawn out sigh left his lungs as one word quietly left his maw. "Pity."

@[Lace] @[Destry]
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
enlighten me - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: enlighten me - by d'Artagnan - 11-07-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: enlighten me - by Destry - 11-09-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: enlighten me - by Lace - 11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: enlighten me - by d'Artagnan - 11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: enlighten me - by Destry - 11-28-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: enlighten me - by Lace - 12-06-2013, 06:53 AM