the Rift

[OPEN] whither shall I wander; Africa

Gabriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Afraid of decision, I buried my finer feelings in the depths of my heart and they died there."

Eventually he'd find the Arch, he knew – what was another day? The red stallion had spent a lifetime wandering, and another couple hours wouldn't set him back at all. It was the same self-sufficiency that kept him from being the world-weary, heart-darkened Outcast she often came across; he was new enough here to know nothing of the struggle of it, the fear that some of the loners undoubtedly felt. He had chosen this, after all –

but perhaps he didn't fully understand the consequences, here in Helovia.

In her company he relaxed, finding nothing threatening about her. Around them a breeze was lifting, easing the suffocating heat of the day, and the stream made a pleasant murmur below them, adding steady music to the cries of night-birds and insects. For really the first time since arriving here, Gabriel felt at peace.

He nodded at her reply, though winter was difficult to fathom, here in the deep of the summer, and cast a curious glance at the bird before responding.

“I'd never heard of it either, until I met a stallion and his companion in the Threshold. He had a wildcat.” Gabriel flicked an ear uneasily at the memory; however young the cheetah had been, however friendly it had looked twining between Xanthos' forelegs, there was still a deeply instinctual fear of the predator within him. It was how you survived, after all, avoiding things with canines several inches long. “I must say I like Silas better,” he added, and smiled at them both in the gloaming light.

He wondered if he'd ever have a companion, and wondered if he'd ever want one. He'd spent so much of his life alone; it would feel alien to have another beside him, regardless of species. Loneliness was a condition he'd for the most part overcome.

“I've got all the time in the world – if you have the time for me,” he said, and smiled.

@[Africa]

gabriel

Messages In This Thread
whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-08-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-14-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-17-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 11:07 PM