the Rift

[JUDGED] Storms gathering (Africa//Spar)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It hurt my heart to watch her doe like eyes widen in pain, struggling with a familiar sensation that would likely resurface former memories, painful memories. It was hard to keep dancing along, knowing that I was the one to inflict damage to this gentle warrior who was no longer the sweet and innocent girl that we had made her out to be. Still, it was better that Africa’s brethren taught this dance, instead of those pronged demons that cursed our soil. Sand had sprang into the air and found a blinding mark with perfect aim. My sea soaked forelimbs lashed overhead unrebuked, aiming for the shying girl below. I didn’t smile or feel an ounce of victory by my strength and agility, instead there was almost a sense of guilt. Was I pushing too hard?

Africa didn’t move away quick enough, one failing dagger struck the tip of her snout and my gapping mouth found access to her delicate ear. Truthfully these efforts where halfhearted at best, I was trying to be gentle even as my teeth gave through to that sensitive flesh. Not more than a second after, I pulled away, retracting my salve covered curs behind a black silk curtain.

She had shown impressive maneuverability and taken advantage of me once before, sinking in a surprise attack that had bruised my shoulder and rendered this right wing rather useless. I didn’t know if it was skill or luck, but luck wouldn’t repeat itself this time. Surpassing her speed from years of practice, my quarters loosened their tense hold—collapsing my compact painted frame forward by use of gravity and momentum. I recoiled from her, retracting my dirty limbs back across the loose granules to put some distance between us. Her incisors might have intended to come for my undercarriage, but they arrived too late and instead snapped at bare air in place of soft flesh.

Unmarked maw thrust aside from her failing teeth and limbs, moist mane was flung by the wind in a disarray. Golden points dug deeply into the forgiving sand as I leaned all my weight back into a nearly sitting position, my one uninjured left wing unfurls a split second later. It thrusts forward with one heavy beat that aimed to bat her head or neck hard enough to either knock this passionate Oracle aside, or at least give me time for evasion by use of distraction.

Chest heaves wearily, hissing out a breath of pent up air as ivories slither from their ebony sheath; damp head is coiled as a serpent right before giving a warning strike. Like a spring under too much pressure I lash out with choppers halfway blunted together. Taking point toward her lengthier crown or neck. Somewhere above us a lightning bolt cracked appropriately, urging our fight on as the sky darkened impossibly further. Cold rain began to fall in icy sheets.

Words: 483

Attack: (3/3)

OCC: You defend and then we are done! Good job and amazing first spar!

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Midas - 11-07-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Africa - 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Midas - 11-15-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Africa - 11-16-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Africa - 11-27-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Midas - 12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Africa - 12-12-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Midas - 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Storms gathering (Africa//Spar) - by Africa - 12-19-2013, 09:27 PM