the Rift

I... Cannot maintain!

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

osiris</style>                                                      even holding on tight won't save us this time.</style>
image by Massimo Valiani @ flickr.com</style>

After leaving the small gathering of former Isilmeans, Osiris had pulled his composure back together. Comadre noticed sadly that the wolf hybrid had put on a steel mask to cover his true feelings which reeled within his mind with intensity. The dragon was sorrowful as well, but the black had found hope in the words of the mares. After all, pretty Ophelia had survived, as did the one called Smoke. Surely, what they said about others arriving at different times was true.

You can talk to me about it, Osiris, Comadre says to the wolf, who hobbles along behind him. "Shut up, Comadre," the wolf barks, glowering up at the small dark figure in the air with violet eyes. There was no time to talk about such a thing when every step was a painful limp. Luckily, Smoke had given them the direction toward healing, and he was certain that eventually this pain would be gone. Eventually he would be able to walk normally again, run, and fight. The shades had taken a lot from him, but he refused to bow his head to the injury with which he was left.

The pair had been traveling alone for a couple of days, the slow pace chaining them to move like slugs across this unfamiliar territory. Comadre was more and more convinced each hour that they were oh so close to the ocean, but Osiris knew that the salty tang of seawater would be in the air long before they would actually see the big blue. He had not yet gotten excited. Until, of course, Comadre gave him a hopeful report: I can hear waves in the distance, the dragons trills excitedly at his comment, looking back toward the tired wolf expectantly. The hybrid gives him a jagged smile of his wolven teeth.

With pep returned to his step, Osiris begins an awkward walk that is mainly taken on three feet to avoid further stress upon his injured paw. The pair make it quickly through the last leg of their journey to the sea, passing through the last of the trees and breaking into soft sand. Osiris smiles wide at Comadre, his golden eyes looking upward with excitement as the two make their way over the hill and toward the slope to the ocean. The smile falls from his face, though, when the eyes meet with the vision of two bodies along the shore.

"Vrrrrr," Comadre purrs sadly, as the gray body looks discarded like a corpse upon the sand. However, his violet eyes zoom in to reveal the movement of her chest - breathing, a heartbeat. Alive. Virva is alive. Osiris stand frozen, wind touching his mane and fur as the sun begins to sink, his heart dropping to his stomach momentarily until his breath catches up. Then, his eyes narrow toward the chestnut unicorn standing so closely to her.

Lifting his lame leg, Osiris begins a surprisingly coordinated three legged run down the beach, closing the gap between himself, Virva and the unicorn. When he is close enough he slows, returning on four paws to approach cautiously, limping slightly on his front leg. Comadre soars behind him, frightened to get to close to the unicorn who Osiris is glaring at with feral golden eyes. "Did you harm her?" he barks out at the stallion, fur rising on his back like the hackles of a dog, tail snapping with irritation.
""

Messages In This Thread
I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-10-2012, 05:51 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-12-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ophelia - 08-16-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM