the Rift

I... Cannot maintain!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The young mare, after helping Osiris and his family to the Foothills, had gone straight to the ocean to make sure that her new friend was all right. She had spent the entire journey worrying about his safety and health with his injury, but he seemed intent on her taking his family to the mountains; so she obeyed. Ophelia had aged to a full two years of age during her journey, but she found her birthday to be an event which should not burden anyone else.

Brilliantly white and crimson and with a joyful heart, she danced across the sand the moment her cloven hooves made purchase. Her two colored eyes took in the beauty of the ocean, and it reminded her of home. She could not remember feeling this happy, and she had to question why. Was it Osiris? She had dearly missed him, more than she realized until he had returned. Comadre had lightened her mood considerably, and she felt attached to Osiris.

Even though he did not recognize her at first, he seemed to find happiness with her presence too once he did. She recalled the situation perfectly and thought that she might be reading too much into her emotions, but she had never gotten the opportunity before to experience her own feelings. After a life of kidnappings, war, shades, and violence, she could, for once, be a little foolish with her own emotions.

Osiris was easy to spy on the beach, the wind ruffling his thick fur, and a unicorn she had not seen before was there was well. What were they looking at? Their backs were facing her, so she slowed to a walk and cautiously approached. There lay a grey pegasus, exactly the mare he had been speaking of earlier. "I have never been happier to see you, Virva."

The emotional high came crashing down around her ears like an earthquake would fell a mountain, and she stopped in her tracks. Her heart seemed to tear and sink into her toes, and a thick knot rose in her throat. A burning settled behind her eyes, but she did not cry. She was a fool. A complete fool. Why would she think that such a brave and unique stallion would be interested in a child like herself?

In an instant, the mare disappeared, using the magic of a sleuth become invisible to their eyes. Osiris should not have to see her like this, not when even forcing happiness for him would be impossible. Instead, she turned and walked away, the only sign of her appearance the cloven hoofprints in the sand.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-10-2012, 05:51 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-12-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ophelia - 08-16-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM