the Rift

[PRIVATE] [P] Footsteps of a Fool

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The tumble has pulled on her bones, it had caused them to collide in an awkward manner that caused her struggle getting to her feet. Each and every one of them grinding as her body moved forward, stumbling back toward Kahlua's side in order to be certain that she was still doing alright. There couldn't be any injuries, nothing drastic at least. So when the mare merely started to flinch at her nudges and nothing more drastic Resplendence took that as a good sign. Of course, she didn't really take in the scenery around her either, she let the painted mare act as sight-seer while she glanced around for a way out.

That was when Quil peered into the cavern, his violet eyes meeting Res's as he said they would have to climb back up since they were lacking wings "Well, perhaps, my Knight should find another way to get us out of here. No?" she taunted back, a smile curling up her lips as she edged closer toward his side as he picked his way down the slope closer to her.

That was when the sound of hooves clicking caught her attention. Click. Clack. Click. Clack. And then, the screeching sound of the horns on the top of the ceiling as they were drug along ever so slowly. Hello! was yelled from Kahlua as she thought there was another friend entering the area only to see a black horse equipped with wings, and horns, as well as emaciated appear. There was a dark feeling cast over the section, uncomfortable. And then, it seemed as though it intensified to maximum proportions.

Images flashed in front of her skull as she saw the black unicorn with the bronze shoulder marking barreling toward her. The trees of the marsh suddenly sprouting as her feet began to stick to the ground. She couldn't remember words. Just the idea of death. Her chest tightened, she felt like screaming, yet nothing changed. She couldn't stop the images from flashing in her cranium. She no longer knew where she was. No. Her eyes were black. They were empty. Her frame wasn't even trembling anymore, and she could feel the blood sticking to her coat, all along her neck and her shoulder.

Then, she was knocked into by Kahlua. The painted mare crashing into her frame and knocking her off balance. Res's frame got shoved directly into the wall, her head smashing into a harder rock as her frame slumped into the corner. No scream. No sound. No nothing, just her body crumpling to the ground. But then the images start to get worse, past the images and rusting scents of blood that had torn her apart with Rowan's death. No. It was Ciro's body. It was the wolves. It was every part of her that she had tried to repress for so long.

A choked sob emerged from her maw as she squeezed her eyes shut. More sobs and the trembling was returning. The mare, completely bruised on one side, started to attempt to stand, but each time her legs gave out on her. The wolves, they were circling, begging to take her as well as her imaginary Ciro. And, her voice cried out. "Ciro!" she screamed, anguish filling each and all of her silken notes, "Not you too! P-please!" her voice, shattering through the air, clashing with Kahlua's cries for Fuhrer. The dissident chords clashing in more agony. Her sides trembling, winces of pain. "I co-couldn't... Rika and Rena... C-ir-Ciro..." her voice was choking on her sobs as they wet her cheeks. No. The ability to fully function was lacking.

The world around her was gone. The nightmare was her reality now. The broken mare was being forced to relive in full, her love's death s the wolves ripped at his flesh and snapped at her legs. And this time, she could feel their teeth sinking into her own barrel. She could feel the ripping of her flesh. She could feel the pulls of the strings of death as she begged for the Angel to come and save her. She didn't remember that Kahlua was right beside her. She didn't remember Quil was there. She didn't know that it was this emaciated, black stag forcing her to relive these nightmares. She didn't know, and she couldn't understand why it would all happen to her.

"Please! Don't leave me alone... I don't know how..." she pleaded, her voice quieter until she felt teeth clench in against her left shoulder, where the searing pain from the talons had a memory and a loud, ear-shattering scream emerged from her vocal chords. One of agony, one that would only be released should someone be tortured.

But, perhaps she was being tortured - tortured psychologically...

805 words
Poor Res/Kah .-.
not like we did this to them or anything

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
[P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Resplendence - 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Quilyan - 11-12-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by NPC - 11-15-2013, 09:23 PM