the Rift

[OPEN] top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[warning :: I'm on my phone so... Wish me luck. I'm trying first person so please, excuse any really derpative mistakes.]

The unforgiving stench of sea salt on Africa's nose would have made many horses' noses wrinkle, but my nose stayed its same way. Salt did not smell horrible. It didn't taste the greatest, but that was perfectly fine. I did not often jump head-first with a gaping mouth into salt water, or any water. As I've mentioned plenty before, I do not like water.

“Each to their own... I also have fears; things that haunt my dreams and worry my heart.” I did not have nightmares about water. Maybe Africa's nightmares were truly just her experiences being replayed back to her. My nightmares were more simple. I dreamt one night that I was swimming and underneath the very spot I was swimming, and overly large sinkhole occurred and I fell into it with all the water surging towards it to fill it up. I then drowned in a very large sinkhole. That was one of the many, but not the worst.

"Do you face your fears?" I asked this question softly, as I did not want to churn hateful feelings in the mare known as mom in my mind. I did not face my fears, perhaps that is why I tried so hard to avoid water, for I do not want to face my fears. Maybe we have fears for a reason. Quite possibly, it could be our brains telling us 'That is how you are going to die! Avoid that!' Was I just running on a tangent now? Yes, because I can't face reality. Fears are things that are holding you back, not some weird explanation on how you will die.

“Perhaps you would prefer to cruise the dunes? Tell me, so I don't make that mistake again, does anything else worry you like this?” I thought for a moment. Yes, I would like to 'cruise the dunes', but I did not want to be so abrupt with my answer. "The dunes sounds like a solution to me." I gave Africa a sweet smile as I thought about an answer to the next question. There was something else, but it was hardly worth even mentioning, but I had to tell her... Right? "I'm nervous around boys." I finally said it. I told someone my second fear, though it was awfully silly.

My fear of boys was just me being nervous and butterfly-stomach-filled around them. It was just strange, because I didn't know how to talk to them, nor act around them. Maybe Africa knew a solution to my boy problems.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa] - by Aurelia - 11-12-2013, 12:43 AM