the Rift

[OPEN] top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
As I trotted up a dune, I saw Africa playing in the sand. She lay in a mound of grey and white fur. I could only see parts of her wings, as the rest of it were covered by her beautifully decorated coat. Would I be that playful as I grew into an adult? I was a filly whom had a sweet and dazzling personality, but also a very mature mind. I was ready to take on any advanced conversations, though I would not know everything the other horses in that conversation would say (as I was not a filly-genius) I would be able to reply, and attempt to keep the mature conversation going. I wondered what Africa worried about. I worried about a lot of things like water, mostly. Did she worry about her family, or sillier things like me (boys...)?

Then I thought about the particular boy I had told Africa about. My stomach had metaphorical butterflies fluttering about inside of it. I knew we would never be, and I knew I would possibly grow out of this little crush quickly, but for the time being, it was real and here to stay. I guess it had formed after I nipped at his side and tried to engage him in some play-fighting. His words had been choppy and unrefined, which was quite the contrary to my soft-spoken words. Opposites attract, there is a chance, right? I silently thought to myself.

After I had told Africa whom I felt my emotions stir for, she thought about it for only a second before answering. "Oh?!" It took a short while for her to answer me. Then, after a moment later, she began speaking again. I listened intently for some wise words of courage, but they never came. "Does he feel the same?" She asked me curiously. I could not be mad. I had walked myself into that question.

Her question puzzled me, for I did not know. Did she expect me to ask him? Was that the normal thing to do here? Why was this so confusing? "I have no reason to believe we share similar feelings, unfortunately. It's is most likely for the best this is that way, because... I do not know how I would feel in a relationship with a stallion a few years older than me." I looked at Africa's sweet orbs. Was she bored with me? Was I annoying? Sisters annoyed each other, right?

Wait, could I even call her a sister?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa] - by Aurelia - 11-14-2013, 10:10 PM