the Rift

[OPEN] What happened

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
[Image: 5253a7371d5b4]
Mother had been well.

Seeing her face had been like a breath of fresh air following the longest night of my life. With the sun back in the sky, the earth filling the world with life, the moon painting the sky with stars, and time racing forward, the world moved. Now, I am scrambling about trying to pick up the pieces of the life I had before the veil of night fell. Mother had left the Foothills; Ophelia had gone missing. There is one anchor that I expected to find exactly where I left him, though.

Midas.
The painted black and white stallion my mother loved. I had no idea that their relationship faced implosion. I had no idea anything changed. I figured that once a child was made, the link would be eternal. My father and mother were exceptions, one immortal, after all. But, what is a family worth broken into pieces?

I flew south, my wings expanding with each day. The sun glints upon my back. The air grows dry, hot. I remember very clearly the way to the Dragon's Throat, though I had not come in so long. I feel bad having left Cera and Midas here without warning. They were likely worried about me, especially since mother probably told Midas of my journey. I have no intentions other than visiting the General of the Dragon's Throat today, but I am in for a surprise.

As I begin to lower myself toward the ground as the wall comes into view, I see the glint of ivory rising from among the sands. One ear cocks back uncertainly, and I glance at my harp which sings as the wind brushes past its strings. She looks familiar, I think to myself, but I am not yet close enough to understand why.

My bronze hooves settle upon the sandy ground with a splash. The grains fly in every direction, and they dance again at the closing of my wings. I am still growing, yet I knew I would far surpass Midas. Likely, he would not even recognize me past the colors painting my figure. I smile thinking about it, beginning to trot forward. As the wall gets closer, the ivory tower in the desert takes more shape. Pristine white, clean, a long flowing tail, and then I see it. The dipped tips of crimson on the bottom, the cloven hooves. Without a second thought, I raise my voice, a booming and masculine sound.

"Ophelia!"

Excitedly, I canter toward her side, noting that I have even surpassed her height. When would my legs stop growing? When I am the size of a small mountain? "Auntie," my lips say with a smile. Bright, bi-colored eyes gleam in the summer sun. "What are you doing here?"

ooc; I hope you don't mind me jumping in~

Messages In This Thread
What happened - by Ophelia - 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 11-09-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: What happened - by Levi - 11-10-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: What happened - by Ophelia - 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: What happened - by Midas - 12-22-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: What happened - by Ophelia - 12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: What happened - by Midas - 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM