the Rift

Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN]

Acantha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Acantha
It's when loneliness burned down what was left of my soul, that I chose to hide in the shadows

The blackness had completely captivated the woodland as sister moon began to show her bright inviting face through the somber clouds. The thoughts of leaving had almost seemed to disintegrate as Acantha finished her soothing drink, quenching her barren dehydrated larynx. A tranquil breeze gently blew through the leaves, causing a soft hush to linger around the mare. The moons dazzling rays created a lit pathway from the wind shaken canopy, almost calling her to follow. The newfangled surroundings caused a scrutinizing feeling to twist in her gut. She had always been a bit curious, but why was this foreign place so intriguing? Must she move on? Spending the night here would be quite convenient judging by the clean water source and over hanging trees, which offered some cover against the rainfall. She didn't mind the rain, nor the cold. In fact, she was quite accustomed to the bleak bitter conditions of the glacial weather.

The rain began to thicken as the thunder trundled loudly in the distance. She felt quite venerable as she could barely hear anything or anyone around her. The rainfall masked any scent or any sounds that might be lurking. Though she was far from being paranoid or frightened. The placid summer breeze blew eerily through the mare's ebony tassels, intertwining with her forelock. Though the drops of rain felt gracious along her back, she was beginning to feel the need to sleep. Acantha found herself traveling more than she should, or would enjoy. Fatigue was obvious when she stood as her legs twitched under her weight. Perhaps a nearby cave would suit her longing.

Suddenly, an abrupt crunch of a twig under shier weight sent Acantha spinning round swiftly only to meet the gaze of a creature she had only dreamed of. A pegasus. It was a stallion, this was apparent judging by the muscle tone clasping his hide. A pair of immense avian wings protruded from his wide set shoulders, almost seeming to match his steel grey pelt. This made the stallion appear larger, but in reality, he exceeded her stature by only a few mere inches. His coloring almost seemed to glow perfectly against the grays coating the forest. His tender tone of voice sent her shocking pale gaze to meet his. "Madam. Might i interest you in shelter?" Shelter? Who did he think he was? Isn't that what all stallions wanted, to coax a mare into sex. Sure he might be a handsome fellow in her eyes, but who was he to gain her trust so quickly. Many might have reacted differently, but Acantha wasn't the best at socializing. Flattening her ears tightly against her skull, a menacing glare was brought to the stallions presence. "Oh, So you can have your way with me? I don't think so." With a vulgar stomp of her hoof, her tail snapped against her sides in an irritating manner. Before another accusation could be blurted out from the mare's lips, another scent caught her attention. Yet another horse appeared from the brush, only this one was crowned with an elegant horn atop of it's head. Her appearance screamed female, as her dark bay coat glistened under the moonlight. She seemed a bit reserved and not as friendly as the other pegasus stallion before her. though she was a bit demanding in her speech.

"Welcome to Helovia. I am Lena of the Aurora Basin. Who are you, and what do you seek here?" Who do these pests think they are? Barging into anothers personal life and actions. Helovia must have been the label of this land. Scars coated Acantha's hide mainly nearing the flanks and neck. She was a warrior, designed for battle. Perhaps this herd 'thing' could be used to her best advantages and abilities. Well if that is what they were aiming towards. The tension began to loosen in her ears and teeth as her visage began to return to it's normal relaxed position. With that, she parted her lips to speak with a bit raspy, but soft tone of voice. "Lena." she said simply, bobbing her head in the direction of the fellow mare in a brief greeting. "I am Acantha of the saxony mountains."
She turned her head in the direction of the stallion with a wicked, wayward gaze.

OOC: Ah this is SO long and rambly. Sorry yall!

[Image: 2lsjej8.png]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Acantha - 11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Levi - 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Lena - 11-10-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Acantha - 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Levi - 11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Lena - 11-12-2013, 05:43 PM