the Rift

[PRIVATE] sugar, spice, and everything nice [alysanne]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
the sun will always show you the bright side...

Aurelia had left the Dragon's Throat.

No, she was still part of the herd, but she had ventured outside the borders of the sandy castle. She didn't where she was going, nor why she was going going, but she went. She had walked from the oasis of the 'Throat', gotten to the border and taken a small break, walked past this large hole in the ground that was filled to the brim with lava, and had found this enormous field.

The field was a bright green with small flowers dotting it. The alabaster picked up to a trot and trotted until she had seen the rumbling water she had heard a minute or so ago. There was on large river that split off into two smaller rivers. The blue water churned and rippled as it skirted around pebbles and large rocks. The lass walked until her front hooves were submerged under the foamy water, but she would go no further.

Aurelia did not, not like water, but she didn't really love it. She had a slight potamophobia, which is a fear of running water. Not only that, but she also had a slight fear of still water. What caused it she prefers to keep quiet, and does a good job hiding it. Perhaps that is the reason she likes the desert and the Sun God.

The child looked around, looking for another horse. She easily noticed miles of open pasture covered in thistle. Was the grass good here? She would have to find out later. She did not smell any horses, and she couldn't see any... where there horses outside of the Dragon's Throat?

"blah blah blah."

ReQuay.deviantart.com | cammyandbaylee.deviantart.com
@[Alysanne]

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Just as soon as she had taken off, Alysanne realized just how long it had been since she had taken flight. Short, little flights – like across a small lake to reach a friend – were rare and longer ones were rarer still. She had walked all the way here from Nocturne – believing her sense of direction better when she was walking than above.

Obviously, she was quite wrong. Considering her relatively new surroundings. At first, she did not plan on spending more than a couple weeks here – gather her bearings and then make her way back to Nocturne. But that had changed when she started finding her dear friends here, and heard the news that her son was safe with his aunt.

Oh, she missed him and planned on returning soon – he may be old enough to survive without her but he was still her little son – but the news of his safety delayed her somewhat. She could afford to take her time, learn more about Helovia. Maybe this was a place where her family could settle, if it was truly as peaceful as it seemed.

Aside from just not practicing, one of the major faults that Aly had when it came to flying was her attention span. Yes, there was a certain beauty associated with seeing things from above – but things were so much more interesting on ground level.

For example, as she was in flight and passing over a thistle and flower bright field, she spotted a filly – beautiful white and gold standing on her own. Now there was nothing more interesting than that in the sky! So she circled, or tried to, and made her descent. Flight was relatively easy, but the landing she always found tricky. Wary of the location of the filly (oh god it would be so terrible to knock her over), the white and black Pegasus came to land a ways down the river. She meant to land in the grass and so she did - but misjudged her speed and ended up running right into the river – causing some commotion with her splashing.

Ah yes, perfectly graceful on her hooves but using those wings was an entirely different story.

With a laugh – why let embarrassment get to her? – she folded her wings and returned to dry land, making the rest of the way to the filly on foot. She was older than Arty would be, but young still. But age didn’t change the fact that she was greeted with a bright smile – those emerald eyes alight with the laughter at her landing just moments ago. “You didn’t see that did you? I think I just disgraced generations of Pegasi.” Her tone made it clear that she was joking – though, of course, what sort of full-grown Pegasus did not know how to execute a smooth landing? Her mother would not be impressed, but her father would have laughed with her.

“Maybe you could give me some tips!” The filly had a beautiful pair of wings, no doubt about it. “I’m Aly, what’s your name?”

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

baylee
[sorry, on my phone]

The small girl's attention was ripped from whatever she had been paying attention to, to what was basically falling from the sky. At first, the blaze girl thought it was a bird, but as the figure's hooves hit the ground and trotted some to rebalance the weight that was now no longer balanced, she found it to be a horse.

This horse was beautiful. She had a white body with large splotches covering her head and butt. The spot glistened as water sprayed her. The mare muscles pulling and contracting every step she took. Quickly though, the mare turned to the pale filly, and the filly saw it. It was nothing horrendous she saw, she saw something that was a crest rising view. There was a spark of ecstasy across her features as she laughed and played like Aurelia herself could.

“You didn’t see that did you? I think I just disgraced generations of Pegasi.” The gold dapples filly could see the tips of this stranger's mouth curving upward into a delicate smile, but a true smile (the type only created when truly happy). Her lips parted into two inky blobs as they prepared to speak once more. Aurelia's ears perked forward as she listened to the mare's words. “Maybe you could give me some tips!” It only took a few seconds for her words to sink into the alabaster's mature mind. Almost disappointedly, Aurelia schooled her head back and forth. Maybe... If I knew how to fly. The young mare thought for a moment.

"I would give you all my tips, not just some, ma'am. Sadly, I'm not even that skilled at landing. I'd only be doing you a dishonor." Aurelia concluded her sentence by shooting this stranger an innocent glance. As the words left mahogany lips, the stranger introduced herself as Alysanne. “I’m Aly, what’s your name?” Perhaps the dark bay that resided in Aurelia's land was smart for saying words so choppily. Perhaps to be able to say names more easily... Perhaps... perhaps... perhaps.

"It is a pleaser to meet you, Miss Al-e. Can I call you that?" She paused and waited for a moment before resuming speaking. "I am Aurelia. I reside in Dragon's Throat... It is a herd slight south to here. It is made up of miles of beautiful red sand dunes covered in greenish sagebrush." Aurelia cut her tangent at that, knowing Al-e would be able to see the respect and love Aurelia had for her sandy home.

Aurelia wanted to say one last thing before waiting on a response from the painted girl. "Where do you reside, Miss Al-e?"

Well, it did not seem that the pale filly was going to be able to help with the learning to land situation – that was no problem, though. Maybe Alysanne misjudged whether the girl had learned to fly herself. Still, the words that the girl chose were different than she might have expected. “Dishonour?” The word caused a little frown to crease Aly’s black face – but it soon disappeared and was replaced by an encouraging smile. “You could never dishonour me.” What a strange thing to say coupled with an innocent look. There was nothing wrong with not being skilled at landing – Aly was just trying to find common ground. Perhaps their mutual inability to land would fill that spot. “That’s alright though. Maybe we can practice together sometime?” Maybe they would need to find a teacher to help them but Aly liked the idea of learning to fly and land much better when there was a fellow student along.

The manners of the white and gold filly were impressive – it was a long time since she had been called ‘ma’am’ or ‘miss’. She did not mind, though, and in response to the question posed she nodded her head with a soft smile. Aurelia, as she introduced herself, could call her whatever she wanted. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Aurelia and your home sounds just beautiful! I think this is the farthest south I’ve been since I arrived here.” She remembered Blitzen mentioning that there was a land further south but she had not heard the name before. Dragon’s Throat. Such a strange name. How did it get it? Were there dragons here?

Every time Aly learned something new about Helovia it raised more questions.

But Aurelia had posed one of her own and the white and black pegasus was happy to oblige. “Right now I’m living in World’s Edge which I think…” Aly turned her head – trying to figure out which direction the Edge lay. “Is north… west from here. On the coast” It was a guess and she could not help but look at the girl and wonder if maybe she had any idea about the direction. “Have you ever been there?”

made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

baylee
“Dishonour? You could never dishonour me.” I looked up at the startlingly pretty paint mare, I only have the best of intentions in my mind for the mare. What if I, per say, was teaching her how to land (without knowing myself), I could surely do her accidental harm. “That’s alright though. Maybe we can practice together sometime?” Once her mouth ceased to speak anymore words by closing, sealing a mahogany tongue from my view, I spoke. "I do not believe I can practice with you," I spoke softly, but in a tone that oozed innocence-- true innocence. It was not fake innocence a murderer could replicate, but it was real. I was just innocent overall, I guess. "I cannot fly." I concluded my sentence with that, and waited for it to settle in, in Aly's mind.

Maybe I wasn't so innocent all the time. How could something innocent see big boys as handsome and attractive? Perhaps, it was only my mature mind and nearly mature body telling me it was time to stop looking at little boys now, and move on. I was still shy around stallions and colts. For instance, if I had a crush, even if it was the smallest crush, I would become so shy... I would just blend into the background. I guess I figured I would embarrass myself, so I hide.

My stark white coat glinted under the sun, making me a star-on-land. I was impossible to miss. I remembered I was not alone as Aly began speaking again. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Aurelia, and your home sounds just beautiful! I think this is the farthest south I've been since I arrived here.” I caught the glint of honesty in her eyes, and decided I could tell her more about my home, and why I loved it. "This is by far, not the most southern part of Helovia. You must see my home, Aly! There, you can fly without worrying about landing and taking an accidental swim in a river! It is beautiful in every aspect, in my eyes." I nodded. My enthusiasm for my home was undeniably, unmissable. Of course, not everyone would love the desert as I've come to love it, but that was okay, for I knew not everyone would love my home.

“Right now I’m living in World’s Edge which I think… Is north… west from here. On the coast. Have you ever been there?” She was not sure exactly where her home was, but I barely knew where mine was.. so it was okay. "No, I'm afraid I haven't been there. My sultan, My-dus, has told me our herds are allies, did you know that? Maybe I could visit you, or you could visit me?!" I smiled happily. Yes, I was happy. I had gotten a new friend, and one I thought woul stay my friend for a long time.

Well, it seemed Aly really was a little rusty on reading situations. Her sheepish look only grew when it was revealed that the filly did not yet know how to fly. “Ooh, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding.” Hopefully Aurelia would not hold it against her. “I wish I could offer to help you learn, but as you just witnessed I don’t think I would be a very good teacher.” If only Iona were here – her twin had always been an incredible flyer. Aly would have sworn that she was born knowing how to fly if she had not known better. But Aly much preferred to keep her feet on the ground, to be where the trees and mountains were taller than her and let the birds have their dominion.

The filly was bright with enthusiasm about her home and it was infectious – although Aly was still uncertain about how long she would be staying in Helovia, so far everyone she knew that lived here had such amazing passion for their homes. It was refreshing and truly delightful! Hearing Aurelia describe her home and how much she loved it brought a honest and bright smile to those deep green eyes.

One day, she just might feel that way about a home or a herd herself. That was the dream, anyway.

For now, she took delight in hearing the joyful note that came when someone described something they truly loved and were proud of. Aurelia had already found it at such a young age. “I didn’t know that, but that’s wonderful news! Your home sounds wonderful – I like the idea of not taking a swim when I go for a landing.” Kahlua had mentioned that the Qian was a peaceful herd, the news of allies was not altogether surprising. A happy coincidence that the ally was her new friend’s home! “How about we do both? I’d love to visit your home and to show you mine. There’s a beautiful glass wall that they just finished building that runs around the boarder and so many trees I don’t even think you could count them.” Of course she had to mention those trees – one of the first things she had noticed.

Her eyes lit up even more as a great idea came to her. Or, at least, it seemed like a great idea. “I’ve even got a friend there that might be able to help us with the whole ‘flying’ business – if you’re interested.” From what she remembered, Miykael had never once failed at a landing, take off or anything in between around her. Then again, maybe Aurelia already had a teacher lined up. “Do your parents live in the Throat with you?” It seemed an innocent enough question, asked with gentle and sincere curiosity.

made by the lovely tamme

baylee
The night started getting darker shade by shade. Sadly, our short meeting needed to come to an end.

“Ooh, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding. I wish I could offer to help you learn, but as you just witnessed I don’t think I would be a very good teacher.” Well, perhaps one could teach better than one did. Was that possible? I'd recently learnt about magic, did Alysanne posses any magical abilities like so many did? She could be how I used to be. Naive even to the thought of magic, none-the-less actual magic. What magic could a horse even posses? The ability to fly? Well, I did not need said ability, for I had wings. What kinds of magic could be out there? Could any horse's magic kill me with the blink of an eyelash?

I smiled softly at Aly's words. "Have you ever tried teaching anyone.. anything? I know I have not." I was a curious creature, could one blame me? I liked learning all sorts of new things about the land, or even it's inhabitants. I would sit here all day and listen to stories of Aly's travels, but the setting sun will not allow it.

“How about we do both? I’d love to visit your home and to show you mine. There’s a beautiful glass wall that they just finished building that runs around the boarder and so many trees I don’t even think you could count them.” Visit both? Wait, why was there a need for a glass wall? I'd always thought of glass as a delicate (and rather dainty) material. Never had I thought of it being used to create a wall. Did they build it out of grass so visitors on the outside can see the marvelous trees?

“I’ve even got a friend there that might be able to help us with the whole ‘flying’ business – if you’re interested. Do your parents live in the Throat with you?” I wonder what this friend was like. This friend must be nice if Aly figures he'd train me some. I certainly was interested. Then she said a question I had thought hard about. Without thought, I opened my pink lips and started speaking. "I'd love lessons. I do not have parents there, but I have a nice mare named Africa there who takes care of me. I'd call her a sister, though we are not blood-relatives."

I took a short pause, allowing Aly's brain to take-in everything I had said. After a few seconds, I spoke again. "I must go Aly. It was nice meeting you. I will surely stop by your home in the future. Maybe I will run-into you." I shot her a one-of-a-kind goofy smile before turning and starting to trot off. I would look forward to seeing the pegasus mare again. She was really friendly, but unfortunately the dark night cut our meeting short.

{Sorry to end it here, but I don't have the most muse right now. ;-;}

Aurelia asked whether she had taught anything to anyone and Alysanne had to think about it for a moment. But, of course, the answer was right there and did not require any thought at all. There was someone she had taught a whole lot of things – simply because it had come with the territory. So with a smile, she explained “I taught my son some things – tried to teach him how to fly but he was still too young to do very much.” His wings were still fluffy, filled with down so he mostly played at flying – flapping those adorable little appendages as quick as he could as he ran about. “But I taught him the names of the trees and the plants where we lived.” It had been something she was happy to share, though he had been too young and too interested in other things to really settle down and find it worth listening to her for long periods of time. He had cousins, plenty of them, to play with and he was much more interested in chasing them around.

Just as she was thinking ahead, wondering whether Mikey would be up for the lessons (she did not doubt that he might – the kind stallion was always there to help when he could), Aurelia announced that she had to leave. Though saddened, Alysanne did not question the reasons for Aurelia having to leave soon – it was getting dark and as peaceful as Helovia had seemed so far, the land would surely be dangerous for a foal out on her own. But the little winged girl did not seem concerned enough to require an escort so, despite her instincts, Aly doesn’t say a thing about it.

Instead, she merely offered the girl a bright smile – truly happy to have come across her. “It was wonderful to meet you too, Aurelia. I look forward to seeing you again!” She rather hoped that their paths would cross again - hopefully before she left, which was seeming like a real possibility the more she spent here. At least for a time.

Soon, Aly would turn back and try to find her way back home to the Edge – but she lingered, enjoying the sunset as it shifted from blue to pink to orange and the sun burned a vivid red as it slipped towards the horizon across the meadow and trees. Her smile lingered with her - Helovia was certainly beautiful.

just adding some closure for Aly

[end thread]

made by the lovely tamme