the Rift

Curiosity and a creek

Celebi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
In the quiet of the quiet of the wood it was impossible not to hear the footsteps of another, thus breaking the fleabitten's little game of drawing shapes on the surface with one onyx horn for a moment as she took notice of the arriving figure. Some part of her was surprised, even irked, at having her privet world stumbled into so arbitrary but at the same time her curiosity was invigorated at the prospect of having a new subject to tinker over, negating the aforementioned slights. Still, the mare made no effort to welcome the newcomer or even acknowledge his presence (a chance glance gave her that information), going as far as to turn a quarter away as if somehow that would act as a privacy wall between them. The fleabit was perfectly content with leaving the stallion to his own devices

The only thing she gave in turn was the spying and evanescent glances of her yellow-green gaze between damp and fallen locks. When the stallion made only to sup from the waters Celebi was again surprised. Was he not going to speak to her? Most would at least offer a greeting but mare was not offended, oh no. It was merely an observation. Shrugging inwardly Celebi made to return to her bathing routine when the voice of the stranger caught her attention again.

Oh, so now the fun begins.

Something about Solace's apology made the mare's lips curl at the corners. "No need to apologize for what is necessary ." She said casually, shrugging. As she said that Celebi noticed beyond Solace yet another figure approaching, trailed by what seemed a fox with many tails. At that the mare tilted her head, curious. When the bay mare offered a brief nod of greeting to her and Solace the fleabitten mare returned the favor habitually, reminded of the practices of her homeland.

" The Goddess provides." She replied in answer of Lena's opening statement. She also noted that Lena introduced herself the same as Solace did, save that Lena's claimed to be part of the Aurora Basin. Was there significance in these titles? And Imogen, what an unusual fox. Celebi sensed there was a story behind that tailed beast...but one best saved for later, she decided. There were other matter first that must be dealt with.

Swatting a few unwelcome pests from her flanks Celebi donned a thoughtful expression on her maw. " Hmmm, nothing really. I followed the winds and followed the suns, crossed over the hills and sought shelter in the trees when the heat was starting to get heavy...leading me...here." Speaking, Celebi began to slowly walk in a loop, accenting every other word with a splashing stomp, finishing with a curt nod. " Not very exciting is it? I was always told I was a bad storyteller." she added, throwing out a sheepish smile. " Oh, and as for my name...you can call me...Lebi." In truth her name was Celebi but it was both a habit and custom not to give her true name to just anyone. In her homeland there was a belief that one's true name held power over the indivule and thus was consider sacred. The only ones who would know it were the bearer, dam, and the bearer's mate, along with anyone whom the bearer trusted most highly. While Celebi wasn't entirely sold on the concept she still held her name in high regard, as something precious to her. Having just met Solace and Lena Celebi saw no reason to reveal it. Besides, what they didn't know wouldn't harm them.

((OOC: Sorry for the wait))
@[Solace] @[Lena]

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-10-2013, 01:26 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-10-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-10-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-14-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-17-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-21-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-21-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-21-2013, 06:54 PM