the Rift

Curiosity and a creek

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace listened respectfully as Lena spoke of her own home, and offered an invitation to Lebi. Despite what he had heard of this cold place, Lena didn’t seem as malicious or cruel as the stories he had heard of the Basin. It didn’t mean this mare wasn’t racist though, it didn’t mean she looked down upon him for his lack of a horn. How one could deem one lesser for having or not having something was beyond Solace’s comprehension. One way or another, there was a single thing that made someone a good creature, and that was their heart. Not the wings upon their back, or the horn crowning their head. Within the Basin could most definitely be delightful creatures, and Lena could be one, but Solace couldn’t get himself to pardon what that Basin had done to lead his family into destruction.

Lebi spoke again, she seemed to have decided to decline both offers, and after elaborating her reason, she offered the two of them. Solace wasn’t entirely sure what to do in response, so he simply gave a deep head bow in response. “I can understand and respect your decision.” He offered the mare a smile, his tone completely genuine. “I hope you have safe and blessed wanderings within Helovia.”

Lebi spoke once again, this time she aimed a question toward Solace. It took him far off guard and for moment he had no idea what to say. Had this mare never encountered an equine before? He supposed that some would never see beyond their own kind. A good-natured chuckle escaped from Solace’s lips as the question finally settled in.

“I was merely born without one,” Solace explained, “I am what is called an equine. There are also pegasi within this land. They are beings with magnificent wings.” Part of him envied those that could fly, and mentioning pegasi made is thoughts drift to Cantante, wherever she was, he hoped that she was faring well and happy despite his failure at protecting her. This time though, he would ensure Lebi had full knowledge of the land before she wandered in.

“I guess race is a good place to start for an explanation of the herds. The Dragon’s Throat is a place to the south, it is where pegasi primarily reside. Then there is the Aurora’s Basin in the north, that herd is composed entirely of unicorns.” Solace glanced over at the mare, and paused to see if the mare had any desire to elaborate, but after a long paused resumed speaking. “Then there is the Foothills, which is in northeast, which is compiled of every species. Finally, there is the World’s Edge, which is in the northwest, which is compiled of every species.” He took a deep breath after his explanation of the herds, he waited for a moment or two before continuing, hoping he wasn’t overwhelming he mare.

“There are the Wilds though, where many outcasts and bands wander,” Solace said, “And then four gods rule over this land. Father Earth, then there is the moon goddess, sun god, and the god of time.” He was most likely overwhelming the poor mare, but he knew it would probably be better to give it all at once so then she could move on quickly. “There are also those bonded with companions, but I know little on the bond, so I cannot provide any knowledge on that.” The whole concept of bonding was still relatively foreign to him, but it was a growing norm.

He fell silent and partially wondered if Lena would elaborate on the concept of bonded, especially since she herself had a companion at her side.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-10-2013, 01:26 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-10-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-10-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-14-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-17-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-21-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-21-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-21-2013, 06:54 PM